ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 73
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:55 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Jesus, I'm not even on the side of canceling gruden.

You lost me on the last point. The NFL wouldn't have to force feed us on gays and women if it wasn't so absurdly frowned upon in the first place. It's one thing to joke about gay players, but players like Kerry Rhodes have been blacklisted over this shit. And Ryan O'Callaghan wanting to kill himself rather than admit it. It's one thing for women to recognize the locker room talk of nfl front offices, but you can't look at the blatant toxic culture in WFT and think there's anything ok with that.

This is not the hill to die on here. You don't actually think Nassib is one of the first gay players in the NFL do you? You don't actually think less than a handful of women are qualified to do things like referee. It's one thing to joke around about stuff, it's another to blatantly harass people in a workplace.
Gruden wasn’t blatantly harassing anyone in the workplace. Numerous players and ex coworkers have said this. He made off color comments in private emails.

And Goodell went so far as to push the “The NFL Is Gay” promotion. Probably because he has a gay brother. It’s the constant force feeding of SJW narratives. If you are qualified you are qualified. Let it happen and move on.

And the last point about topless cheerleaders was a joke obviously.

And all these media people pontificating like they have never said anything in the same vein in their life at some point is the most ridiculous.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:06 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Waiting for someone to cancel all of us for saying a bad word during "eenie, meenie, miney, Mo", In third grade.
Little different than a 50-year-old who was one of the faces of the NFL.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:07 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Gruden wasn’t blatantly harassing anyone in the workplace. Numerous players and ex coworkers have said this. He made off color comments in private emails.

And Goodell went so far as to push the “The NFL Is Gay” promotion. Probably because he has a gay brother. It’s the constant force feeding of SJW narratives. If you are qualified you are qualified. Let it happen and move on.

And the last point about topless cheerleaders was a joke obviously.

And all these media people pontificating like they have never said anything in the same vein in their life at some point is the most ridiculous.
Like I said, I didn't push for gruden to be canceled. I don't really care.

You lost me at your second point. As if qualified gay people and women haven't been shoved out and canceled for years in the NFL. How do you rant about cancel culture while ignoring the nfls outdated views about gays and women in their workplace for decades? But we're supposed to act like they get preferential treatment because a handful of them get attention?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:09 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
People have lost their jobs for things that were done a lot farther back than 2011 and for a lot less.
[Reply]
oldman 08:10 PM 10-12-2021
I've just never liked the SOB, even more so when he was the HC of the hated Raiders. My take --fuck off, Chuckie.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:11 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
If I send one of those emails of the over a dozen and counting at my work, I’d be fired. Would that be canceling me?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:11 PM 10-12-2021
People have lost their jobs for things that were done a lot farther back than 2011 and for a lot less.
Yeah, like being gay and playing in the NFL. Or being a women and not hooking up with your boss in the redskins front office.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:15 PM 10-12-2021
Gruden got cancelled

I'm sad because I was looking forward to 7 more years of Raiders mediocrity

now they might stumble into a decent coach instead of being 8-9 or 9-8 for years to come
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:16 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah, like being gay and playing in the NFL.
keep beating that dead horse. No one is perfect.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:17 PM 10-12-2021
He was literally supporting your point.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:19 PM 10-12-2021
Waiting for someone to cancel all of us for saying a bad word during "eenie, meenie, miney, Mo", In third grade.
:-) Are you insinuating that you were taught the racist version of that in 3rd grade and you think the majority of people in this country were spouting off the same shit at that age? How old are you and where did you grow up?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:23 PM 10-12-2021
I don't think gruden should have been canceled.

I also recognize the irony of shouting cancel culture while applauding an old way of doing nfl culture that has been blatantly non inclusive. Especially toward gays and women, which is ironically front and center of this whole mess.
[Reply]
wazu 08:25 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
:-) Are you insinuating that you were taught the racist version of that in 3rd grade and you think the majority of people in this country were spouting off the same shit at that age? How old are you and where did you grow up?
I always heard/used “tiger”. I assumed Tarantino made up the racist version for Pulp Fiction.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:26 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
There is no "non-racist" version of that game.

Same story for picnic.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:29 PM 10-12-2021
I'd have rather driven chuckie out of the league by consistently beating him senseless on the field rather than him going out on stupid things he emailed 10 years ago.

I'd like to know who leaked the emails.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 73
« First < 364243444546 4748495056 > Last »
Up