ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 79
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Bengals
TLO 06:31 PM 11-27-2022
A sneaky big game in the AFC, and probably our toughest game left before playoff time.

Talk about it here
[Reply]
tredadda 10:08 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
We typically play down to competition, also the RAMS defense is good....
Yup. Three HOFers on that defense.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:14 AM 11-29-2022
Refs totally fucked us last year. Stars make the playoffs so let's hope they are not trying to help them get there. Yeah yeah yeah, I know, billions on the line but it's all left up to chance in the hands of guys that make 200k.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:43 AM 11-29-2022
These guys are geographically challenged.

From the Bengals board:
As I have looked forward to this game, my biggest concern has easily been the loss of Awuzie. He was a critical piece of the coverage puzzle that befuddled Kansas in both second halves of last year's matches, and I haven't been sure how the Bengals would be able to handle him and his weapons with a depleted secondary (even without Tyreek Hill they have weapons galore).

However, I am extremely encouraged by Taylor-Britt's performance yesterday. He had the one 50-50 ball that he allowed deep to Burks, and credit to Burks for making that play (quite like Tee Higgins made his catches downfield). Otherwise he was locked in and had his best performance in coverage of the season. He's been tackling well every week, but it wasn't until yesterday that he held his own in coverage too. If he can build on that it will be a huge deal against Kansas. Obviously they run through Kelce more than anyone else, but we already have answers to that problem (Hilton, Flowers, and Dax). I was worried more about the outside, and maybe that won't necessarily be a disaster.
The pass rush remains a bit of a concern though. Hubbard is the perfect kind of mush-rush edge player to keep Kansas from extending plays (as seen so beautifully in the fourth quarter of the AFCCG). You still have to generate some kind of meaningful pressure though, and Kansas offensive line is better than Tennessee's.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:44 AM 11-29-2022
i can't even remember how the refs fucked us in cincy last year...refresher?
[Reply]
Kman34 10:46 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
PI penalties that were marginal..
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:46 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
These guys are geographically challenged.

From the Bengals board:
As I have looked forward to this game, my biggest concern has easily been the loss of Awuzie. He was a critical piece of the coverage puzzle that befuddled Kansas in both second halves of last year's matches, and I haven't been sure how the Bengals would be able to handle him and his weapons with a depleted secondary (even without Tyreek Hill they have weapons galore).

However, I am extremely encouraged by Taylor-Britt's performance yesterday. He had the one 50-50 ball that he allowed deep to Burks, and credit to Burks for making that play (quite like Tee Higgins made his catches downfield). Otherwise he was locked in and had his best performance in coverage of the season. He's been tackling well every week, but it wasn't until yesterday that he held his own in coverage too. If he can build on that it will be a huge deal against Kansas. Obviously they run through Kelce more than anyone else, but we already have answers to that problem (Hilton, Flowers, and Dax). I was worried more about the outside, and maybe that won't necessarily be a disaster.
The pass rush remains a bit of a concern though. Hubbard is the perfect kind of mush-rush edge player to keep Kansas from extending plays (as seen so beautifully in the fourth quarter of the AFCCG). You still have to generate some kind of meaningful pressure though, and Kansas offensive line is better than Tennessee's.
Must be that Kentucky education.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:46 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Pretty sure they had an and goal the last 4 or 5 minutes of the game due to penalties over and over.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:48 AM 11-29-2022
I’ve seen several Bengals fans talk about how they’ve solved the Kelce problem last year.

He had 10 catches for 95 yards and 1 TD in the AFCCG last year. He was having an all time great postseason last year and they didn’t really stop him.

Sure, we fell apart in the second half, but it wasn’t like Kelce got erased for 4 quarters. The collapse was a team effort and not a Kelce-specific problem.
[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 10:49 AM 11-29-2022
Who's reffing this game?
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 10:54 AM 11-29-2022
The Bengals season stats don't really tell the story of what they are now. Their new Oline has really come together lately. Last year in the playoff game vs the Titans they gave up 9 sacks. Last week vs the Titans they gave up 1. Their run game has also really come on as of late. Their Oline has 4 new starters and is much better than the oline that played in the AFC championship.

Their defense has been solid all year and has consistently been better than their offense. Anarumo is a real whiz who loves to mix things up. They lost Awuzie & that really hurts them. They have a rookie Taylor-Britt playing at that spot and he's not really a man corner & Eli Apple isn't that great on the other side either. I still wouldn't expect anything to be easy on either side of the ball.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:00 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’ve seen several Bengals fans talk about how they’ve solved the Kelce problem last year.

He had 10 catches for 95 yards and 1 TD in the AFCCG last year. He was having an all time great postseason last year and they didn’t really stop him.

Sure, we fell apart in the second half, but it wasn’t like Kelce got erased for 4 quarters. The collapse was a team effort and not a Kelce-specific problem.
Yeah, I noticed that, too.

Kelce didn't do much in the game in Cincinnati, but he was excellent in the AFC championship game. And he was open in the end zone for the game winner at the end of the game, but Mahomes didn't pull the trigger.

Let them think they have him figured out. The Chiefs' WR group is better down the roster than it was a year ago, and the Chiefs have a solution for the cover 4 and cover 6 looks teams have been using against them.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:02 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk:
Who's reffing this game?
They still haven’t released it yet. I’d be willing to be we get Carl fucking Cheffers though. League always does that shit to us.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:02 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
The Bengals season stats don't really tell the story of what they are now. Their new Oline has really come together lately. Last year in the playoff game vs the Titans they gave up 9 sacks. Last week vs the Titans they gave up 1. Their run game has also really come on as of late. Their Oline has 4 new starters and is much better than the oline that played in the AFC championship.

Their defense has been solid all year and has consistently been better than their offense. Anarumo is a real whiz who loves to mix things up. They lost Awuzie & that really hurts them. They have a rookie Taylor-Britt playing at that spot and he's not really a man corner & Eli Apple isn't that great on the other side either. I still wouldn't expect anything to be easy on either side of the ball.
You didn’t mention the absolute garbage slate of quarterbacks that their defense has faced. Why?

Please also explain how their run game has really come on as of late.

3.8 yards per carry against the Titans.
2.6 yards per carry against the Steelers.
3.6 yards per carry against the Browns.

They’ve had 1 good rushing game over their last 6, which was against the Panthers (who are one of the absolute worst run defenses in football). They’ve allowed over 100 rushing yards in all but 2 games this year. They’ve allowed 130+ yards 6 times this year.
[Reply]
R Clark 11:52 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
They still haven’t released it yet. I’d be willing to be we get Carl ****ing Cheffers though. League always does that shit to us.
Oh shit let’s hope not
[Reply]
irafreak 12:04 PM 11-29-2022
So Bengals fans are thinking cam Taylor britt should be a plus. Never impressed with him in college. Seemed to give up the big play whenever I watched him. I think he's your weak link.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 79
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Up