ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 315
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:59 AM 03-03-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
No.

Yards yer play averages will be degraded based on the amount of work they received in real life.

That's what happened with Sproles. He averaged 6.9 YPC in 2011 and he was absolutely destroying Sandbox in the first month. So cdcox tweaked the software a bit to account for players who didn't have that many touches relative to their YPC/YPR/YPA etc.
Yeah, I remember Sproles just destroying creation.

It does appear to be some combination of rate and volume. Though I think CD probably does have some way of accounting for guys who shouldn't pro-rate up when used more (Sproles being an obvious example; Gio Bernard worked that way for me) vs. someone who COULD if given more opportunity. I would imagine it's based on part on how they were actually used but I don't suspect we'll get that answer from CD.

The fog of war is part of the fun...
[Reply]
cdcox 12:14 PM 03-03-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Has anyone tried the trade block page? I guess its just type in the blank instead of any kind of drop down menu and I don't see a way to save it or anything. I entered in Alex Smith, available for anything and then there's no way of saving it that I see.
Apparently broke.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:16 PM 03-03-2019
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Apparently broke.
Yeah, I tried to shop Direckshun's whore of a mother for a late round pick and sadly got no takers. I figured it had to be a problem with the board because CP knows that Direckshun's whore of a mother is worth at LEAST a developmental guard prospect or something...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:16 PM 03-03-2019
No.

Yards yer play averages will be degraded based on the amount of work they received in real life.

That's what happened with Sproles. He averaged 6.9 YPC in 2011 and he was absolutely destroying Sandbox in the first month. So cdcox tweaked the software a bit to account for players who didn't have that many touches relative to their YPC/YPR/YPA etc.
Sorry, I shouldn't have said workhorse. For the handful of games Williams started for KC, he was putting up elite production. If I were to take him and just give him around the same amount of touches he received, on average, in the games he started, could I expect to see an extrapolation of his superstar numbers over the course of an entire season?

I'm assuming that's a no since he's still on the board and a lot of you have experience with the sim already, but I want to make sure I have as much info as possible.

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I remember Sproles just destroying creation.

It does appear to be some combination of rate and volume. Though I think CD probably does have some way of accounting for guys who shouldn't pro-rate up when used more (Sproles being an obvious example; Gio Bernard worked that way for me) vs. someone who COULD if given more opportunity. I would imagine it's based on part on how they were actually used but I don't suspect we'll get that answer from CD.

The fog of war is part of the fun...
I was curious about it for a guy like Alvin Kamara as well. It appears he could easily be the bell cow, and he was while Ingram was out, but since he splits so much time with other Ingram and Hill, I wonder how the sim would respond to him staying on the field and taking on a greater workload for the entire season..
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:23 PM 03-03-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Sorry, I shouldn't have said workhorse. For the handful of games Williams started for KC, he was putting up elite production. If I were to take him and just give him around the same amount of touches he received, on average, in the games he started, could I expect to see an extrapolation of his superstar numbers over the course of an entire season?
No...if they didn't get 250 carries during the season they're not going to have the same production rate as if they did.

I'm pretty sure the sim engine isn't detailed enough to break things down by "starts" either, vs games. Which would be a foolhardy bit of programming anyway, because even if you start a game it doesn't mean you necessarily carried any sort of workload.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:26 PM 03-03-2019

I'm assuming that's a no since he's still on the board and a lot of you have experience with the sim already, but I want to make sure I have as much info as possible.

I was curious about it for a guy like Alvin Kamara as well. It appears he could easily be the bell cow, and he was while Ingram was out, but since he splits so much time with other Ingram and Hill, I wonder how the sim would respond to him staying on the field and taking on a greater workload for the entire season..
He had 270 touches...pretty sure you're going to be fine giving him a starter's role.

Keep in mind though, cdcox has built in a very nice feature...if you give a RB more than....I don't think he gave us an exact number but I'm sure it's around 325-350....if you Larry Johnson a guy the next year he comes back not as effective.
[Reply]
brorth 12:26 PM 03-03-2019
So much of it is your game plan, too. In league 2, I experimented with Cam Newton. I set my formation to a 5 wide almost exclusively. I had Cam run out of the formation something like 90% of the time. If I remember right, he rushed for 954 yards.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:28 PM 03-03-2019

The reason I didn't take Kamara was my belief that the SIM would notice how much his raw efficiency degraded this season when he was asked to carry more of the load.

Kamara wasn't as good this year as he was as a rookie. He was still excellent, but he wasn't a world-ender like he would be had you pro-rated his 2017 production over a full season's workload.

My expectation (read: hope) is that a bellcow season from Kamara is treated differently than just rating up his 2017 season for add'l carries. Because if it doesn't, I made a biiiiiig mistake passing on him in the 1st.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:47 PM 03-03-2019
Put her on auto draft because who the fuck gets up at 7am on a weekend? It drafted Oliver for me hes a fine player but I'm running a 43 guess he'll be my D end that ends Clay's season
[Reply]
wheeler08 12:53 PM 03-03-2019
Yea I took Zeke over Kamara because of Kamara splitting so much with Ingram.
[Reply]
wheeler08 12:54 PM 03-03-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Put her on auto draft because who the **** gets up at 7am on a weekend? It drafted Oliver for me hes a fine player but I'm running a 43 guess he'll be my D end that ends Clay's season
Any of us that have kids probably were, I know I was up bright and early at 6am. Thanks kids!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:58 PM 03-03-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Put her on auto draft because who the fuck gets up at 7am on a weekend? It drafted Oliver for me hes a fine player but I'm running a 43 guess he'll be my D end that ends Clay's season
You can't be serious.

Vernon is average trash who will probably be injured if we even play.

Just chill in the loser conference.

It's too bad you couldn't get your ass out of bed. The early bird gets the worm:

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:00 PM 03-03-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Any of us that have kids probably were, I know I was up bright and early at 6am. Thanks kids!
Yup.

2 babies, a puppy and a 5 yr old. I was in the midst of my best sales pitch over the sounds of a wailing puppy (and winning) when I got cock-blocked by the 5 year old.

God dammit kid, I put you to bed at 9 last night and fully expected that to yield dividends this morning. What the hell are you doing up at 7?

So sadly, I'd have been ready to make my pick...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:02 PM 03-03-2019
You can't be serious.

Any conference that is carrying the dead weight of the South Division doesn't get to call the other a 'loser conference'.

I mean can we just preemptively relegate the South Division to the AAF?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:02 PM 03-03-2019
You can't be serious.

86 grade by PFF you're fucked
[Reply]
Page 56 of 315
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Up