ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 287
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:45 PM 01-25-2015
Here it is: https://tolkieneditor.wordpress.com/
[Reply]
-King- 04:19 AM 01-26-2015
A Walk Among The Tombstones

Meh. With better writing and acting it would have been a good movie. But now it's just a meh movie. The dialogue was bad throughout the movie and the third act was pretty shitty.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:58 AM 01-26-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Here it is: https://tolkieneditor.wordpress.com/
That's awesome. I'm going to download it and give it a watch.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:10 PM 01-27-2015
Just finished Interstellar and I'm almost speechless... epic, just epic, edge of your seat spellbinding twists and turns, the very definition of thinking mans sci-fi... just woooooow.

This movie is second only to 2001 in that genre, PERIOD..

Christopher Nolan is THE premier living filmmaker and this movie sealed that deal, I'm just sooo impressed with the entire thing
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:00 PM 01-27-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Just finished Interstellar and I'm almost speechless... epic, just epic, edge of your seat spellbinding twists and turns, the very definition of thinking mans sci-fi... just woooooow.

Christopher Nolan is THE premier living filmmaker and this movie sealed that deal, I'm just sooo impressed with the entire thing
Yep. One of those movies where the entire audience shuts the fuck up for the whole thing.

I need to see it again.
[Reply]
Miles 10:37 PM 01-27-2015

Over the holidays I was fortunate enough to catch it near the end of its IMAX run at a museum that had a giant screen and 70mm and it was fucking incredible. Made the movie even more intense and easily the best theater experience I have had.
[Reply]
Miles 10:40 PM 01-27-2015
Originally Posted by Numbah One:
Yep. One of those movies where the entire audience shuts the fuck up for the whole thing.

I need to see it again.
Also didn't notice people getting up at all even though it was a long movie.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:15 AM 01-28-2015
Finished American Sniper.

Damn good movie. It's not about politics or POV.

The story of man, and a pretty inspirational one...
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:07 AM 01-28-2015
Originally Posted by Numbah One:
Yep. One of those movies where the entire audience shuts the **** up for the whole thing.

I need to see it again.
Originally Posted by Miles:
Over the holidays I was fortunate enough to catch it near the end of its IMAX run at a museum that had a giant screen and 70mm and it was ****ing incredible. Made the movie even more intense and easily the best theater experience I have had.
My only regret is that it was watched on a laptop, so many of those scenes were meant to be watched on the big screen... I first knew I was really missing out in the scene where the Endurance is passing by Saturn, what a kick ass shot.

This is one I definitely plan to own.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:09 AM 01-28-2015
I think Interstellar will be somewhat like Gravity, amazing on the big screen, pedestrian on tv.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:18 AM 01-28-2015
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
I think Interstellar will be somewhat like Gravity, amazing on the big screen, pedestrian on tv.
The biggest difference between those two movies is the story, Gravity is like "The Cat in the Hat" compared to Interstellars "War and Peace".
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:48 AM 01-28-2015
The biggest difference between those two movies is the story, Gravity is like "The Cat in the Hat" compared to Interstellars "War and Peace".
but visually both are amazing on the big screen. Gravity lost that on the small screen.
[Reply]
-King- 03:27 PM 01-28-2015
but visually both are amazing on the big screen. Gravity lost that on the small screen.
Thats because gravity had no real story driving it. Interstellar does.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 03:59 PM 01-28-2015
Originally Posted by -King-:
Thats because gravity had no real story driving it. Interstellar does.
I'm not talking about plot.
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 01:19 AM 01-29-2015
I'm not talking about plot.
So really they're not similar at all then, besides being in space.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 287
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195 > Last »
Up