ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 146 of 287
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156196246 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:56 PM 03-30-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You obviously care about this argument far more than I do, so sure.
Just making conversation about it. I'm not gonna change your opinion about it.

Originally Posted by :
They're different. I don't particularly like either one, but when I waved Divergent on HBO, it sure seemed like I'd been there before (I don't know where the release date was compared to Hunger Games, but I saw Hunger Games first).
That's exactly why I wouldn't see it when I saw the trailer in the cinemas when it first came out. It was only when I decided to rent a movie one night we both saw it. I was just surprised.

Either one though? That's interesting. I wonder if it's because I'm a female and you're a male?

Originally Posted by :
I'll see the last 2 anyway. It's decent enough to put on HBOGo while I'm doing the bookkeeping.
I don't think most cared to even see Allegiant based on its box office success compared to the earlier two. It lost money. Or maybe they're waiting to see both together. I do know that many fans, were devastated by the ending in the third book, it actually made them angry. Fans were begging Lionsgate or Summit to change the ending. Maybe that's why.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:58 AM 03-31-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Just making conversation about it. I'm not gonna change your opinion about it.

That's exactly why I wouldn't see it when I saw the trailer in the cinemas when it first came out. It was only when I decided to rent a movie one night we both saw it. I was just surprised.

Either one though? That's interesting. I wonder if it's because I'm a female and you're a male?

I don't think most cared to even see Allegiant based on its box office success compared to the earlier two. It lost money. Or maybe they're waiting to see both together. I do know that many fans, were devastated by the ending in the third book, it actually made them angry. Fans were begging Lionsgate or Summit to change the ending. Maybe that's why.
Fair enough. So have you read the books? I haven't and won't.

As far as not liking it because of gender? Who knows. I just don't get into stuff for younger audiences much. It's fairly evident that both films were created for teen crowds, which doesn't resonate with me. Never has.

But I don't think it's a gender thing. I had a buddy in college that would go with my wife (girlfriend then) to all the disney or pixar movies that she wanted to see. They were both teachers, and liked Disney movies, so it was GREAT for him to go with her instead of me.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:04 PM 03-31-2016

As far as not liking it because of gender? Who knows. I just don't get into stuff for younger audiences much. It's fairly evident that both films were created for teen crowds, which doesn't resonate with me. Never has.

But I don't think it's a gender thing. I had a buddy in college that would go with my wife (girlfriend then) to all the disney or pixar movies that she wanted to see. They were both teachers, and liked Disney movies, so it was GREAT for him to go with her instead of me.
I read the books from both series and you are still right. Hell my 10 year old daughter said the same thing...
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:42 AM 04-01-2016
Finally got around to watching Hateful Eight. I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Wasn't in my top 3 Tarantino movies....but was still good nonetheless.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:56 PM 04-01-2016

I never even knew about Young Adult fiction until after I saw Twilight, the entire series of The Hunger Games and the first two of the Divergent series. I just liked the stories and characters a LOT. It wasn't until I looked into the authors that I found it was called Young Adult Fiction. Turned out I liked all three series, precisely because they were very different from most movies I've seen. Thought they were all very creative and unique.

Another Young Adult Fiction is The Fault in Our Stars which also became a movie. It's not dystopian story though.

My daughter made fun of me for watching The Twilight series and she was a teen at the time and didn't care to watch it.
[Reply]
Miles 02:08 AM 04-03-2016
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Finally got around to watching Hateful Eight. I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Wasn't in my top 3 Tarantino movies....but was still good nonetheless.
Keep meaning to watch it but the lowest expectations I have had going into a Tarantino flick and I really love his stuff. It even has Morricone for the score.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:19 AM 04-03-2016
Originally Posted by Miles:
Keep meaning to watch it but the lowest expectations I have had going into a Tarantino flick and I really love his stuff. It even has Morricone for the score.

I thought it was enjoyable, but not great. It's worth a rental.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:22 AM 04-03-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I never even knew about Young Adult fiction until after I saw Twilight, the entire series of The Hunger Games and the first two of the Divergent series. I just liked the stories and characters a LOT. It wasn't until I looked into the authors that I found it was called Young Adult Fiction. Turned out I liked all three series, precisely because they were very different from most movies I've seen. Thought they were all very creative and unique.

Another Young Adult Fiction is The Fault in Our Stars which also became a movie. It's not dystopian story though.

My daughter made fun of me for watching The Twilight series and she was a teen at the time and didn't care to watch it.

You might enjoy reading the original Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Also Podkayne Of Mars by Robert Heinlein, the guy has a ton of old pulpy YA SciFi.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:37 PM 04-04-2016
Watched Cop Car last night. Has Kevin Bacon in it. Wasn't great, but want horrible. I'd say if you catch it for free in a movie Chanel it's worth a watch.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:37 PM 04-04-2016
Self/Less was actually pretty entertaining. I had seen trailers for it months ago and legitimately thought to myself that it looked horrible, but I was wrong.

Doesn't hurt that you get to stare at Ryan Reynolds for about 90 minutes. He's so dreamy.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:28 PM 04-04-2016
Watched Trainwreck and Ant-Man over the weekend, I enjoyed them both.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:16 AM 04-18-2016
Watched The Secret in their Eyes, last night. Was pretty damn good. Good acting, good story, nice little twist at the end. Would definitely recommend.
[Reply]
Cheater5 10:18 AM 04-18-2016
Has Meru been mentioned yet? Excellent documentary about a team of climbers repeated attempts at likely one of the top two or three most technically difficult climbs in the world. Comparitively, Everest is kinderschpiel, and in fact one of these cats skied at the summit of Everest.

Well worth the 80 minutes- I still don't know how they climbed and filmed at the same time.
[Reply]
Frosty 10:28 AM 04-18-2016
Caught a couple of movies that I recorded off the Starz free preview weekend. The first was Into the Woods which was probably the worst movie I've seen in ages. The second was Strange Magic, the Lucasfilms animated movie that came out last year. It had decent animation but a completely predictable plot. I can see why it tanked.
[Reply]
-King- 02:34 PM 04-18-2016
Watched Brick Mansions on Netflix. I want to apologize to Michael Bay for saying he's a terrible director because clearly there are a lot of worse people making movies out there. That movie was just plain trash.
[Reply]
Page 146 of 287
« First < 4696136142143144145146 147148149150156196246 > Last »
Up