ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 172
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
frankotank 12:49 PM 01-03-2018
I gagged my way thru the 3 part mini-series Gunpowder.
kept thinking there'll be payoff at the end.

NOPE!

you know nothing John Snow.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:44 AM 01-04-2018
New seasons of:

Peaky Blinders
Travelers
Black Mirror

Good grief, talk about an abundance of riches. All dropped over break, while I wasn't really able to watch TV, too. So I've got some catching up to do once I get back in a routine.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:54 AM 01-04-2018
I enjoyed La Mante (The Mantis) on Netflix over the weekend. It's a French miniseries following a detective investigating a serial killer. It had some really graphic scenes and Fredérique Bel is balls hot.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:10 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I enjoyed La Mante (The Mantis) on Netflix over the weekend. It's a French miniseries following a detective investigating a serial killer. It had some really graphic scenes and Fredérique Bel is balls hot.
Fuck France.

Edit: Oh wait, hot french chick? I'm in.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:20 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
Fuck France.

Ha. There are some blatant French traits throughout. Mainly the prison conditions for an already convicted serial killer. Nicer than my condo.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:34 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
Fuck France.

:-)
[Reply]
In58men 08:53 AM 01-05-2018
Anybody watch Peaky Blinders?

Heard it’s pretty damn good.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 01:34 PM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Ha. There are some blatant French traits throughout. Mainly the prison conditions for an already convicted serial killer. Nicer than my condo.
If you like French crime drama, then try The Frozen Dead. It's new on Netflix. It's in French with subtitles. I really enjoyed it, only 6 episodes.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:49 PM 01-05-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
If you like French crime drama, then try The Frozen Dead. It's new on Netflix. It's in French with subtitles. I really enjoyed it, only 6 episodes.
Yep, I'm 2 episodes in and really like it. Likely finish it this weekend.

I don't necessarily seek out foreign shows, but I do like how the subtitles command my attention.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:48 PM 01-09-2018
I’ve been watching The Last Kingdom on Netflix. It’s good but it’s definitely not a grand epic or anything. Kind of an easy watch that does serve its purpose in being entertaining.

I see a lot of people like Peaky Blinders but I just can’t get into it. I’ve watched probably six or so episodes and I find the accents hard to understand and the story overall to be pretty boring without any characters that keep me wanting to find out what happens next.
[Reply]
NewChief 01:01 PM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:

I see a lot of people like Peaky Blinders but I just can’t get into it. I’ve watched probably six or so episodes and I find the accents hard to understand and the story overall to be pretty boring without any characters that keep me wanting to find out what happens next.
Peaky Blinders might be my favorite show currently. Many fans of the show (myself included) run it with subtitles enabled. This helps with the accents. You miss ALOT without the subtitles because there are a lot of subtleties in dialog and such that are easy to gloss over with the accents.
[Reply]
RockChalk 05:18 PM 01-10-2018
Anyone catch Manhunt: Unabomber?

My wife and I just binged that one. Originally on Discovery, the full season 1 is on Netflix now. We liked it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:08 PM 01-10-2018
Sooo...I started Riverdale on Netflix. I know, I know. But holy shit, that show is as good as everybody says. I can't believe it.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:01 PM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Sooo...I started Riverdale on Netflix. I know, I know. But holy shit, that show is as good as everybody says. I can't believe it.
Did you watch the Archies (or read the comic books) when you were a kid?
[Reply]
Rausch 10:36 AM 01-11-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Sooo...I started Riverdale on Netflix. I know, I know. But holy shit, that show is as good as everybody says.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 37 of 172
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up