ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 173
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:56 AM 08-27-2017
Caught 2/3 of The Tick. Mostly just fluffy good fun, but I love the title character's nonsequiturs. Seems every few minutes he announces something out of the blue that completely cracks me up.

Like in the promo. He goes to a party. Rings the bell, met at the door.

Host: 'Well, look at you!'
The Tick: IM-possible.

:-) :-)

He's like Adam West's Batman and Deadpool had a genial brain-damaged child.

[Also, one of the characters is played by the bully older brother from Home Alone]

[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:00 AM 08-27-2017
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Don't wanna go through the whole thread, but anybody watch Bloodline on Netflix? We're almost done with the first season and I think it's pretty good. It's a little slow, but I def am enjoying it!
I liked the first season, and much of the next, but it was a steady decline for me. By the end of it, I was just happy it was over with. Had it to do over again, I'd probably have been better off stopping after S1... but maybe you will appreciate it more. :-)
[Reply]
noa 09:14 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Caught 2/3 of The Tick. Mostly just fluffy good fun, but I love the title character's nonsequiturs. Seems every few minutes he announces something out of the blue that completely cracks me up.

Like in the promo. He goes to a party. Rings the bell, met at the door.

Host: 'Well, look at you!'
The Tick: IM-possible.

:-) :-)

He's like Adam West's Batman and Deadpool had a genial brain-damaged child.

[Also, one of the characters is played by the bully older brother from Home Alone]

I liked it -- I think my favorite part was Bryan Greenberg's tie dyed kombucha shirt.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 02:52 PM 09-15-2017
While my Wife is watching the new season of Outlander.

Spoiler!

I have the new season of Bojack Horseman to watch.

NSFW

[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:10 PM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
I think of the comedy shows presently out there putting out new stuff, the best going are

You're the Worst
Bojack
Rick and Morty

[depending on how strong Always Sunny and Nathan for You come back in their new seasons]
[Reply]
OldSchool 04:03 PM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina:
I liked the first season, and much of the next, but it was a steady decline for me. By the end of it, I was just happy it was over with. Had it to do over again, I'd probably have been better off stopping after S1... but maybe you will appreciate it more. :-)
Is it kind of like watching all of Dexter and skipping the final season?
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:58 PM 09-15-2017
it's a netflix mockumentary, not sure if it's must watch, but it appears the show american vandal is an attempt at the worlds longest dick joke. :-)

ETA: i am six episodes in, and i can say its better than casting jonbenet, but not as good as luke cage. albeit does make a case for dessey being guilty of murder after being falsely accused of rape. :-)

i would absolutely love to see the outtakes of the filming of this show. it would be ten times funnier than the one presented. :-)
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:15 PM 09-16-2017
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
lol, yeah.. wish I'd done that. :-)
[Reply]
sully1983 04:13 PM 09-18-2017
South Park is still going strong (on their 21st season this year). thought the season premiere was great.

also there's a new show on HBO called The Deuce that is good so far (from the creator of the Wire). I highly recommend it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:29 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
South Park is still going strong (on their 21st season this year). thought the season premiere was great.

also there's a new show on HBO called The Deuce that is good so far (from the creator of the Wire). I highly recommend it.
I tried the premiere, but I had already ODed on 70s period pieces with the dreck that was 'I'm Dying Up Here.' I respect what I saw enough to give it a little while before revisiting. At least I avoided polluting my discernment with 'Vinyl' or it might be months.

And South Park was OK, but didn't pack the punch I was hoping for.

Though I did laugh aloud at Stan's dad going MMA in his renovation projects. :-)
[Reply]
kcxiv 05:08 PM 09-18-2017
Just got done with season 1 of shooter with Ryan Philippe pretty good. Season 2 is almost over. i need to on demand it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:47 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
Just got done with season 1 of shooter with Ryan Philippe pretty good. Season 2 is almost over. i need to on demand it.
Yeah. I think I posted my thoughts on it here. But I (for once) was smart enough to DVR it before it started. Normally I hack it all to hell and about 6 episodes in think to myself, "damn! I forgot to DVR that."
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:40 PM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Giving it another chance on your recommend, and I have to ask, if there anything that's creepier, yet you continue to love, than Gary Pucket and Union Gap.

Cuckold and Pedo Ballads that make you choke up like a friggen chick.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:53 PM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:

I have been savoring it. I tried it earlier this year when one of my kids recommended it to me...binged every single episode and was stunned when I ran out of them. So, I have been trying to watch it one episode at a time when I can relax and appreciate it.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:55 PM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
Or everything after the final episode of the fourth season. Just finish the series in your mind after that because whatever you come up with will be better.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 173
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Up