ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 435
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:59 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
So what is the deal here? The guy has been really good in Seattle every year but suddenly sucks here?

Are the Chiefs that much of a shithole on defense? Did he get paid and isn’t trying anymore? Is he hurt?
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:06 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yes. Also, I don't see 8 TFL over a 47-game span as being "heavily" in Mack's favor. It could have more to do with teams running the ball a lot more against the Raiders.
That's a huge difference. Frank Clark averaged 10.3 TFL over that period of time, so 8 less than Mack is damn near a full seasons worth of production for FC.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:12 AM 10-09-2019
Our problem is overpaying players. Our "top" players aren't good enough. And the bigger problem is it's really difficult to move on from those overpaid players.

If we were shitty with nothing but 1-year contract retreads and rookie contract guys, that would be one thing. But as it turns out, we're paying Hitchens, Clark, and Honey Badger. We WERE paying Houston and Berry.

And now we have guys like Jones and Fuller and Breeland coming up, where they're perceived to be our truly best players, so then we end up paying THEM. Because if we don't, we're gonna become really shitty, right?

We eventually found a decent defense post-Vermeil by starting from square one. Literally. No overpaid douchebags. No blockbuster trades. We were really shitty for a couple years, but then we found a stride and produced a defense that wasn't exactly legendary, but it could at least stop people.

And that's the problem. If we do that now, we're wasting the best years of Mahomes' career. Yeah. We might be. But that's the only way we're ever going to have a chance at getting him a real defense to work with.

We have only 5 draft picks next year. We lost our extra 2nd rounder (thanks a lot, Frank!) We're not getting any comp picks. Veach is probably gonna get antsy and trade up/back/forward or trade for more people next year, too.

At this point I honestly think we stand a better chance post-Mahomes extension than pre-extension.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 10:44 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Our problem is overpaying players. Our "top" players aren't good enough. And the bigger problem is it's really difficult to move on from those overpaid players.

If we were shitty with nothing but 1-year contract retreads and rookie contract guys, that would be one thing. But as it turns out, we're paying Hitchens, Clark, and Honey Badger. We WERE paying Houston and Berry.

And now we have guys like Jones and Fuller and Breeland coming up, where they're perceived to be our truly best players, so then we end up paying THEM. Because if we don't, we're gonna become really shitty, right?

We eventually found a decent defense post-Vermeil by starting from square one. Literally. No overpaid douchebags. No blockbuster trades. We were really shitty for a couple years, but then we found a stride and produced a defense that wasn't exactly legendary, but it could at least stop people.

And that's the problem. If we do that now, we're wasting the best years of Mahomes' career. Yeah. We might be. But that's the only way we're ever going to have a chance at getting him a real defense to work with.

We have only 5 draft picks next year. We lost our extra 2nd rounder (thanks a lot, Frank!) We're not getting any comp picks. Veach is probably gonna get antsy and trade up/back/forward or trade for more people next year, too.

At this point I honestly think we stand a better chance post-Mahomes extension than pre-extension.
I was always told that we had to overpay defensive players because of Smith's anemic offenses. It looks like there is a more fundamental problem.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:59 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
That's a huge difference. Frank Clark averaged 10.3 TFL over that period of time, so 8 less than Mack is damn near a full seasons worth of production for FC.
8 divided by 47 isnt a lot
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:07 AM 10-09-2019
2020 Cap hit for top 6 players
Clark 22.7 M
Watkins 21M
Hill 17.6M
Mathieu 16.3M
Fisher 15.2M
Hitchens 12.7M

Who is playing up to their number other than Hill and maybe Fisher?
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:09 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Clark 22.7 M
Watkins 21M
Hill 17.6M
Mathieu 16.3M
Fisher 15.2M
Hitchens 12.7M

Presently, none of them. Outside of an anomalous week 1, Watkins is averaging about 55 YPG.

Closest is HB.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:10 AM 10-09-2019
Clark 22.7 M
Watkins 21M
Hill 17.6M
Mathieu 16.3M
Fisher 15.2M
Hitchens 12.7M

Brett Veach...whew...
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:13 AM 10-09-2019
Clark 22.7 M
Watkins 21M
Hill 17.6M
Mathieu 16.3M
Fisher 15.2M
Hitchens 12.7M

I thought Hitchens/Watkins were structured for an easy out next year?

Hitchens is a $12 mil 2020 hit if cut...yikes! I think he restructured....

Watkins is $7 mil 2020 hit...so he's definitely a candidate for a trade.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:15 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Brett Veach...whew...
Dude is following the scrubs and “stars” model.

As ever, the Pats approach (load up on $4-5K vets) is superior.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:18 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I wouldn’t characterize a $12.5M cap hit as easy.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...itchens-14530/
[Reply]
New World Order 11:28 AM 10-09-2019
Clark 22.7 M
Watkins 21M
Hill 17.6M
Mathieu 16.3M
Fisher 15.2M
Hitchens 12.7M

We can at least get out of the Hitchens contract with a post-June 1st cut next year.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:29 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

Hitchens is a $12mill 2020 hit if cut...yikes! I think he restrucured....

Watkins is $7 mil 2020 hit...so he's definitely a candidate for a trade.
No, Hitchens is after 2020 and them moving money this year to next on his deal means they have no plans to cut him at all.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:06 PM 10-09-2019

presumably aaron donald is a human. this proves otherwise pic.twitter.com/xn33Pkc2wq

— betz (@alltwentytwo) October 9, 2019

How come Aaron Donald gets paid and then doesn't suck?

Why can't we have nice things? You just know if we pay Chris Jones he's going to become average.

What's Gunther doing these days? Can we coax Saleamua and Phillips out of retirement? Phillips' mind is so gone maybe he'll have crazy person strength.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:09 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

How come Aaron Donald gets paid and then doesn't suck?

Why can't we have nice things? You just know if we pay Chris Jones he's going to become average.

What's Gunther doing these days? Can we coax Saleamua and Phillips out of retirement? Phillips' mind is so gone maybe he'll have crazy person strength.
Gunther is dead. I don't think he can help.
[Reply]
Page 84 of 435
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Up