ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 154 of 435
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:00 AM 11-19-2019
His best play of the night may have actually been the 3rd and 4 knife inside to stuff the run. That was all film review and anticipation. He knew it was coming.

I’m so pumped to see this season play out if he’s finally feeling healthy. He did say he was feeling stronger this past Thursday.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:16 AM 11-19-2019
Clark was good all game long.

This looked more like that guy we thought we were getting, and the guy we'd seen the last three years.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:29 AM 11-19-2019
He had a monster game, credit where it’s due.

Inferior opposition be damned, if that guy shows up in January we’ve got a great shot at beating anyone.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:31 AM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He had a monster game, credit where it’s due.

Inferior opposition be damned, if that guy shows up in January we’ve got a great shot at beating anyone.
Especially if the cb's can turn their heads and we can stop the Brady attack of crossers/picks and flat passes.
[Reply]
O.city 11:45 AM 11-19-2019
Yeah, if that's the guy you traded for, we're good.

Keep doing that Frank.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:58 AM 11-19-2019
The Summer of Veach is looking better and better.

Clark
Wilson
Thornhill
Hardman
Fenton
Saunders

All have been key contributors
[Reply]
staylor26 12:04 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The Summer of Veach is looking better and better.

Clark
Wilson
Thornhill
Hardman
Fenton
Saunders

All have been key contributors
Tyrann?
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:05 PM 11-19-2019
He was definitely feeling all of his fingers last night. He was a big-play machine.

One thing I've noticed about him, though, is that he spends a lot of time in the air. I remember decades of hearing offensive coaches tell running backs and receivers that you're nothing but a target when you're in the air. You can't cut or use your power. Watch Clark and you'll see that a lot times when he's making his moves he ends up with his feet off the ground. That seems like a problem.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:44 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Tyrann?
Oh yeah. Duh.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:42 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It was frustrating watching him walking leisurely to the line while the Chargers were in hurry up mode. He was half a second away from getting called offsides on one play, and on the other, he clearly wasn't focused on the play because he was still in "walk mode" as soon as the ball was snapped.

He did get a little bit of pressure on one or two plays on the last drive, though. I get conserving one's energy and all that... just don't cut it so fucking close next time, Frank.
That was 7500 feet. I thought we were epically done then. I've never seen someone that late on a snap. Then a couple plays later he got down and was wrecking fools.

Sidenote, it is epic fucktardery to make dudes play at that altitude.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:48 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That was 7500 feet. I thought we were epically done then. I've never seen someone that late on a snap. Then a couple plays later he got down and was wrecking fools.

Sidenote, it is epic ****tardery to make dudes play at that altitude.
He played 86% of the defensive snaps. Fourth most on the team. The other 3 who played more were all safeties in HB Thornhill and Sorenson. I will not bash Clark at all. He was out of breath and rightfully so
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:08 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Frank Clark has not sucked in 2 games this year. He's 2 out of 11 in making me look like an idiot.

Only reason why you're calling me an idiot is because he just finished one of those dominant games.

Basically, go shove elephant dicks up your nostrils, junior.
Hey, baby steps.

In the Jags game, he got manhandled by a backup LT who didn't belong on an NFL field. In the Broncos and Chargers games, he did what we expected him to do against guys like that.

And make no mistake - without his efforts yesterday, we lose that football game. Clark was the team MVP on Monday night and that's commendable. And it's undeniably a step in the right direction.

Now we work on consistency and the ability to produce at a credible (if unspectacular) level against quality NFL tackles.

The Raiders game is a HUGE litmus test. He'll have a week to get healthy and it will be the most critical game the Chiefs have played this season. The Raiders, weirdly, have given Carr excellent protection this season. Carr has taken the fewest hits of any QB in the league and has been sacked the second fewest times.

Lets see if our boy can make a difference. The argument has been that Clark was acquired for his impact in the playoffs - well this game should be damn near playoff importance. And it's a matchup that is not statistically in his favor. Let's see if he can go out there and kick the ass we were told he could kick.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 03:12 PM 11-19-2019
REQUEST...

Could we change the thread title to "Clark playing much better" or something like that.
I think its disrespectful to leave the current title.:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:14 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Also when Clark shot through the line and smashed Ekler to force the three and out, he was being held and tackled yet still got to Ekler for the stop. I hope you guys saw that too because I was very impressed.
First time he's looked genuinely explosive all season.

The question I've kept asking is "what are his attributes?" because nothing EVER popped. Didn't look strong, didn't look quick, didn't look overly technical. he was just...there. He was a marginally effective mauler type that you typically draft in the 3rd round.

But last night he finally looked quick. And he showcased some agility that we haven't seen AT ALL. Worse than the slow first step was just how stiff he appeared to be. Even if you could scheme him to an edge, he couldn't bend it. Last night he was able to do so.

Now the LT made some of that possible by just being an AWFUL hand-fighter; guy seemed to have no idea what to do with his arms at all. But he still needed to get to his outside shoulder to force that battle and Clark showed the quickness to do that before beating an overmatched opponent. That's a positive sign.

It was never just about the lack of production - it was always that PLUS the eye test. The guy simply never looked to be a threat. Last night he did.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:29 PM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hey, baby steps.

In the Jags game, he got manhandled by a backup LT who didn't belong on an NFL field. In the Broncos and Chargers games, he did what we expected him to do against guys like that.

And make no mistake - without his efforts yesterday, we lose that football game. Clark was the team MVP on Monday night and that's commendable. And it's undeniably a step in the right direction.

Now we work on consistency and the ability to produce at a credible (if unspectacular) level against quality NFL tackles.

The Raiders game is a HUGE litmus test. He'll have a week to get healthy and it will be the most critical game the Chiefs have played this season. The Raiders, weirdly, have given Carr excellent protection this season. Carr has taken the fewest hits of any QB in the league and has been sacked the second fewest times.

Lets see if our boy can make a difference. The argument has been that Clark was acquired for his impact in the playoffs - well this game should be damn near playoff importance. And it's a matchup that is not statistically in his favor. Let's see if he can go out there and kick the ass we were told he could kick.
Clark's contributions against the Raiders may not be reflected in sacks. Let's not forget that Khalil Mack had exactly ZERO sacks against the Raiders just a few weeks ago.

But if Clark can help limit Josh Jacobs efficiency, maybe defense some passes, and just not allow more than one big play to his side when he's on the field, that might be a very successful day for Frank.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping, based on what I saw in the first half, that he somehow manages to have a big day and throws Carr to the ground a couple times or a strip/sack, but I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm with some realism. If Khalil couldn't get a sack with his incredible abilities and knowledge of the Raiders OTs strengths and weaknesses, Frank might do any better in that regard.
[Reply]
Page 154 of 435
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Up