ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 255 of 287
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
sully1983 09:12 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Watched Antlers over the weekend as well…dope movie, really enjoyed it.
Antlers was batshit insane (and I mean that in the best way)

Scott Cooper is such an underrated director and thought Antlers was a blast from start to finish (also found the ending to be a nice touch) Scott Cooper adding native american curses elements to this crazy horror film was brilliant imo.

Cooper really seems to get good to great performances in every one of his films.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:22 PM 03-22-2022
Watched Antlers over the weekend as well…dope movie, really enjoyed it.

Oh I'm glad to hear that. It's one movie I've been wanting to see but been putting it off to see it but I'll be sure check it out.
[Reply]
sully1983 07:23 AM 03-23-2022
I highly recommend watching the new film on Netflix called Windfall . Jesse Plemons absolutely nails the role of a billionaire big tech arrogant douche bag. (Plemons has been killing it lately and gave me young Phillip Seymour Hoffman vibes while I was watching this film)

Lilly Collins was also good as the wife (it should be noted that Lily Collins' husband directed this film) and it also stars Jason Segel (who helped write the screenplay). I also thought it was a clever move by the director to not give any of the 3 characters any names. Plemons is only known as "CEO", Collins as "the wife" and Segel as "Nobody"

If you have Netflix I highly recommend streaming Windfall

Speaking of Jesse Plemons. He has been just living the dream as of late. Currently filming another film with legendary director Martin Scorsese, nominated for an Oscar (for The Power of the Dog), gave an incredibly memorable performance in my favorite tv series of all time as the young sociopath character Todd in Breaking Bad, continues to work with a bunch of other talented/respected directors, continuing to give impressive performances and showing off how versatile he is at such a young age. All while getting to bang Kirsten Dunst every night.

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:01 PM 03-23-2022
Finally saw The Many Saints of Newark. It was disappointing but I liked the ending.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:37 PM 03-23-2022
Watched Scream aka Scream 5 tonight with my wife and a friend of her’s….gotta say, didn’t particularly care for it. I like the Scream franchise a lot but it totally feels like it’s ran it’s course…

Spoiler!

Can’t say I’m too excited for the 6th one…
Speaking of DUMB! Halloween Kills - absolute CRAP! Next they are doing Halloween Ends - rolls eyes :-)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:38 PM 03-23-2022
I just watch the original Halloween movies, I don’t like any of the recent ones.
[Reply]
sully1983 09:05 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Speaking of DUMB! Halloween Kills - absolute CRAP! Next they are doing Halloween Ends - rolls eyes :-)
Played out horror franchises such as Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday the 13th, Child's Play, Scream etc need to be put to rest (ditto on the sci fi franchises like Alien and Predator or Terminator or Star Trek) just beyond played out and adds absolutely nothing remotely new or original.

And don't get me started on Star Wars but I get it. $$$$ is the name of the game and I am all about that but it'd sure be refreshing if Disney actually specialized in quality original shows/films featuring some substance for once instead of the endless amount of assembly line / safe by the books shit that they've been shoveling out to the masses for decades for know (thanks a lot Kevin Feige & Kathleen Kennedy !:-):-)

Batman has definitely been done to death, but IMO Matt Reeves' The Batman was such a refreshing & entertaining / unique take on the Caped Crusader.
[Reply]
EPodolak 09:22 PM 03-23-2022
Saw "X" tonight. Not my usual kind of thing but I've liked all other A24 releases. It was a tongue in cheek homage to the genre I guess or maybe movies in general, a little overrated IMO but the distraction I was going for.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:44 AM 03-24-2022
I finished the new Scream last night as well. It wasn't terrible but I'll probably never bother to watch it again.

Spoiler!

Take my review with a grain of salt because I was never a big fan of the Scream movies.
[Reply]
rydogg58 09:36 PM 03-26-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
I think I'm about 3/4ths of the way through it so far tonight. It's fucking terrible. I have no idea why this movie was even made.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:33 AM 03-27-2022
You guys gotta see Deep Water.

It feels like a spiritual sequel to Gone Girl...and Ana De Armas shows her tits a lot.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:00 PM 03-27-2022
She likes to get nekkid, bless her little soul.
[Reply]
sully1983 08:28 PM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You guys gotta see Deep Water.

It feels like a spiritual sequel to Gone Girl...and Ana De Armas shows her tits a lot.
I remember reading the Gone Girl book before seeing the movie and was worrisome the movie would be crap (because the book is such a trashy beach read) but damn the movie was fucking awesome. IMO if Gone Girl was directed by anyone other than David Fincher, it would have been Razzie worthy like 50 Shades of Grey or some Lifetime movie. Just shows you how incredible of a director Fincher is.

In this Deep Water movie it seems like Ben Affleck is playing a cu ck version of his douche bag character in Gone Girl.:-)

Seriously though, that looks beyond awful judging by the trailer and reviews I've come across. But I can't hate on Batfelck for taking the role since he got to bang Ana De Armas irl because it so good for him.

I do think this upcoming movie on Amazon Prime starring Chris Pine called All the Old Knives looks promising though. A spy thriller featuring a lovers' quarrel mixed in with some good ol' espionage (I liked how the trailer has a serious tone to it instead of something goofy like Mr & Mrs Smith ) Chris Pine is one of my favorite younger actors working today so I'll give it a watch. hope its good!

Exactly the star cast I would want for a taut spy v spy thriller. #AllTheOldKnives trailer: pic.twitter.com/KRPrJINIUZ

— Tareque Laskar (@tarequelaskar) March 25, 2022

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:07 AM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by sully1983:
I remember reading the Gone Girl book before seeing the movie and was worrisome the movie would be crap (because the book is such a trashy beach read) but damn the movie was fucking awesome. IMO if Gone Girl was directed by anyone other than David Fincher, it would have been Razzie worthy like 50 Shades of Grey or some Lifetime movie. Just shows you how incredible of a director Fincher is.

In this Deep Water movie it seems like Ben Affleck is playing a cu ck version of his douche bag character in Gone Girl.:-)

Seriously though, that looks beyond awful judging by the trailer and reviews I've come across. But I can't hate on Batfelck for taking the role since he got to bang Ana De Armas irl because it so good for him.

I do think this upcoming movie on Amazon Prime starring Chris Pine called All the Old Knives looks promising though. A spy thriller featuring a lovers' quarrel mixed in with some good ol' espionage (I liked how the trailer has a serious tone to it instead of something goofy like Mr & Mrs Smith ) Chris Pine is one of my favorite younger actors working today so I'll give it a watch. hope its good!

I watched all the old knives.

It is really REALLY good IMO.

Now, be warned. It is an unbelievably slow burn. But fuck it's good.

Newton and Pine were fucking good. And they did a really nice job of hiding the turn. I didn't know until they revealed it what the true deal was.

Definitely worth the time as long as you aren't expecting some James Bond shit.

I need to watch more shit with Thandi Newton in it. She's really good. Really good.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:52 AM 04-11-2022
All The Old Knives was well done and superbly filmed. Not the biggest twist but still a solid streaming flick.
[Reply]
Page 255 of 287
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265 > Last »
Up