ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 51
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:54 AM 11-30-2016
And just a random observation -

The maze is a cutaway view of a human brain.

[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:03 PM 11-30-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:

I think that has been part of several theories.

Still not sure where they are going with it. Is the maze just the path to becoming a self aware living being, or is there more to it? Is there still a physical maze somewhere that leads to some knowledge, or some location?

I dunno.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:12 PM 11-30-2016
Also, easiest maze ever. If this was on the placemat at Denny's, even the kids would be disappointed at how simple it was to get from the outside to the guy in the middle.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:21 PM 11-30-2016
I had never put the two together before. I guess my post was kind of like Leslie Nielsen coming into the cockpit of the plane after they had landed and saying "Just wanted to tell you both good luck, we're counting on you".
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:22 PM 11-30-2016
It's ok, I speak jive.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:46 PM 11-30-2016
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
It's ok, I speak jive.
Just be cool blood, nurse lady gonna catch you on the med side.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 02:09 PM 11-30-2016
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Yeah his name is Ptolme Slocum. I've cast him in an Emerald Nuts Breakfast on The Go commercial and a Trulia commercial. He's great. He was also the pedo school bus driver in Preacher on AMC
Damn, we even had him in a glass box. I've been plagairized!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyP...&v=XRpw-PpNK8w
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:14 PM 11-30-2016
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Also, easiest maze ever. If this was on the placemat at Denny's, even the kids would be disappointed at how simple it was to get from the outside to the guy in the middle.

https://youtu.be/m_qxwvOMzCc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 05:12 PM 11-30-2016
The maze is a symbol, it's not a tangible thing or a real map to anywhere specific. It's a way the hosts can seek enlightenment and true consciousness, I think.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:29 PM 11-30-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:

This is kind of long and the visuals are goofy. But here's a brain guy talking about why the maze looks so much like a brain:

Originally Posted by listopencil:

[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:43 PM 11-30-2016
If William is the MIB why does he torture Deloris in the first episodes?
[Reply]
listopencil 11:02 PM 11-30-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Most likely because he perceived that Maeve exhibited signs of sentience when put under great duress. But you really have to decide that for yourself.
[Reply]
Passepartout 11:58 PM 11-30-2016
Ed Harris is a great actor. No matter what film or TV he is in. He steals every single scene.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:32 AM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
What causes William to become the Man In Black is probably going to be a big part of season 2. We see him kinda flip out and kill all those hosts last week, and we will probably get a little more about his state of mind and motivation next week.

We can make some guesses, but you basically asked one of the main questions that keep us all coming back to watch.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:13 PM 12-01-2016
Theories:
https://youtu.be/kkR60mAs2-8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 27 of 51
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up