ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Fred Warner gets paid
Sassy Squatch 12:06 PM 07-21-2021

Fred Warner's five-year, $95M extension makes him for now the highest paid ILB in NFL history (surpassing Bobby Wagner at $18M/year).

He's never missed a game, played 95% of the team's snaps, excels in pass coverage and quarterbacks their defense.

An elite player in his prime.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) July 21, 2021

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:20 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
:-):-)

Chubb (both of them), Leonard, Jaire Alexander, Qnelson, Josh Allen, Minkah Fitz, Saquon, Marc Andrews, Fred Warner, Calvin Ridely and Lamar ALL want to have a word with you. Not even bringing up Baker (I think the Browns are our biggest threat this year in the AFC)

Is this more of your notoriously hilarious homerism? Just because we had an off year that draft, doesn't mean that EVERY player in the draft sucked and there was nothing to be done.
Browns :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 07:24 PM 07-21-2021
46. Kansas City Chiefs (trade up): DL Breeland Speaks, Ole Miss

47. Arizona Cardinals: WR Christian Kirk, Texas A&M

48. Los Angeles Chargers: LB Uchenna Nwosu, USC

49. Philadelphia Eagles (trade up): TE Dallas Goedert, South Dakota St.

50. Dallas Cowboys: OL Connor Williams, Texas

51. Chicago Bears (trade up): WR Anthony Miller, Memphis

52. Indianapolis Colts (trade down): DE Kemoko Turay, Rutgers

53. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: CB M.J. Stewart, UNC

54. Cincinnati Bengals: S Jessie Bates III, Wake Forest

55. Carolina Panthers: CB Donte Jackson, LSU

56. New England Patriots (trade up): CB Duke Dawson, Florida

57. Oakland Raiders (trade down): DL P.J. Hall, Sam Houston St.

58. Atlanta Falcons: CB Isaiah Oliver, Colorado

59. Washington (trade down): RB Gerrius Guice, LSU

60. Pittsburgh Steelers: WR James Washington, Oklahoma State

61. Jacksonville Jaguars: WR D.J. Chark, LSU

62. Minnesota Vikings: OL Brian O’Neill, Pitt

63. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (trade down): CB Carlton Davis, Auburn

64. Indianapolis Colts (trade up): DE Tyquan Lewis, Ohio State

65. Oakland Raiders (trade up): OL Brandon Parker, North Carolina A&T

66. New York Giants: EDGE Lorenzo Carter, Georgia

67. Cleveland Browns (trade down): DE Chad Thomas, Miami

68. Houston Texans: S Justin Reid, Stanford

69. New York Giants: DL B.J. Hill, N.C. State

70. San Francisco 49ers: LB Fred Warner, BYU

71. Denver Broncos: RB Royce Freeman, Oregon

72. New York Jets: DL Nathan Shepherd, Fort Hays State

73. Miami Dolphins: LB Jerome Baker, Ohio State

74. Washington (trade down): OL Geron Christian, Louisville

75. Kansas City Chiefs (trade up): DL Derrick Nnadi, FSU

Veach likes to talk about the draft in terms of pockets.

Well this wasn’t a very good pocket.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:30 PM 07-21-2021
Also, Nnadi is better than 75% of the guys on that list.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:57 PM 07-21-2021
Screeching about how we could have had Fred Warner instead of Breeland Speaks is Deberg-level shit.

It's the same fucking shit Chiefs fans do with DK Metcalf and how we should have taken him instead of Hardman. Just about every fucking team passed on him multiple times. At that point, it's not so much the Seahawks outsmarting the NFL or the Chiefs outsmarting themselves. It's more that ONE team had to fucking pick him, and the Seahawks ended up being the lucky ones.

Hell, why stop there? You should have picked the correct lottery numbers! Instead you got nothing! You clearly outsmarted yourself with that ticket selection, and now you'll have to pay for it!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:59 PM 07-21-2021
"Metcalf went a full round later than Hardman."

Wut? Hardman was #56, Metcalf was #64.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:10 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
"Metcalf went a full round later than Hardman."

Wut? Hardman was #56, Metcalf was #64.
Whatever. It's still fucking stupid ass shit to pine for Metcalf. Beginning in the 2nd round, if you end up getting a stud player, it's basically more luck than anything.

Luck that the guy falls to you. Luck that your scouts did your homework. Luck that you put him in the right spot on the draft board. Luck that you fucking coach him up the right way and get him success. Luck that he puts in the time to be great.

Don't get me wrong. I love shitting on the Speaks pick. It's one of my hobbies. But that's not hindsight-- that's me crowing about one of the few football opinions I have that was correct the entire time. I don't just look at who the good players were taken after that pick and go ThAtS wHaT i WoUlD HaVE dOnE!!!!!!!!~~~~
[Reply]
wazu 11:26 PM 07-21-2021
It's perfectly valid to bemoan missed draft picks. We've had plenty. Just keep them in perspective. Every organization misses, every year. We've also hit on some big ones. The balance of it all is what matters. Don't dwell on the negative but it's okay to point it out.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:24 AM 07-22-2021
every team passed on DK twice basically except a few who had traded out of those rounds... the point is he was where he was for a reason. Teams had doubts and he exceeded expectations. It's not like 32 teams passed on the prospect Calvin Johnson twice.

It is cool that the whole board has to explain to one poster that one comment clearly meant at and behind where speaks was picked for one simpleton though. #teamwork
[Reply]
mkp785 04:27 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Half of the guys you just mentioned were selected in the early portion of the 2nd round and were also gone before the Chiefs picked.

You continue to miss the point about this draft in regards to the Chiefs and what was available to them.

Not to mention 3 of them are TE’s and one is a RB. The Chiefs weren’t drafting a TE or RB early in 2018 regardless. Not to mention guys like Goedert and Gesicki are talented, but haven’t quite put it together.
We couldn't run 2 TE sets? I'm unaware of that rule. Mahomes couldn't make Goedert and Gesicki look good for a season or 2 and then we ship them off for more draft capital? That sucks.

Point is, the draft didn't suck. You're moving the goal posts from your strong original statement.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:22 AM 07-22-2021
We couldn't run 2 TE sets? I'm unaware of that rule. Mahomes couldn't make Goedert and Gesicki look good for a season or 2 and then we ship them off for more draft capital? That sucks.

Point is, the draft didn't suck. You're moving the goal posts from your strong original statement.
No, you just haven’t understood my point from the beginning even after it has been explained to you.

Because you’re a fucking moron.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:39 AM 07-22-2021
Really? I missed the "2-7th rounds" portion of his post. All I saw was him saying that draft was awful, not "that class was awful after the 2 round (also not true as there a few guys that have produced, but that's not the point). Stick to getting freaked out and overreacting over every single slight change in the market in the financial thread and stay in your lane.

Please and thank you.

:-)
Nice job shitting on this thread with the context was clearly implied. Sorry, but most posters don't want to dumb things down for those who don't have any deductive reasoning skills...
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:40 AM 07-22-2021
Really? I missed the "2-7th rounds" portion of his post. All I saw was him saying that draft was awful, not "that class was awful after the 2 round (also not true as there a few guys that have produced, but that's not the point). Stick to getting freaked out and overreacting over every single slight change in the market in the financial thread and stay in your lane.

Please and thank you.

:-)
Nice job shitting on this thread when the context was clearly implied. Sorry, but most posters don't want to dumb things down for those who don't have any deductive reasoning skills...
[Reply]
mkp785 11:10 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No, you just haven’t understood my point from the beginning even after it has been explained to you.

Because you’re a ****ing moron.
OK. So let's settle this:

Does the 2018 NFL draft suck?

Answer honestly you dipfuck homer.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:13 AM 07-22-2021
OK. So let's settle this:

Does the 2018 NFL draft suck?

Answer honestly you dipfuck homer.
Outside of the first 40 picks or so?

Absolutely.

Does it suck overall? I’d say it does for that reason. Of course there’s going to be talent at the top. There almost always is. Just because it wasn’t 2013, meaning completely shit at the top, doesn’t mean it wasn’t a pretty bad draft class overall.

Also, how the fuck does me being a homer have any relevance to this discussion? JFC you’re stupid.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:14 AM 07-22-2021
Sucks for Warner that he's going to get Kelce'd.

He's going to be the highest paid LB just long enough to set the parameters for Darius Leonard to become the highest paid LB.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up