Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>My big toe hurts
TLO 03:32 PM 07-19-2021
Help me.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:13 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That shit runs in my family, although (knock on wood) the cruel gods of aging haven't yet added it to my dance card. My maternal grandmother had it bad, as did both of my uncles.

Ironically, one of my uncles contracted neuropathy in the same toe that had had the gout. So even though it looked awful and should have been horrendously painful, he couldn't feel a thing and it didn't bother him at all. The only instance I've ever heard of where two nasty maladies combined to cancel each other out.
Well, that's a lucky break, I guess. Maybe not so much when the toe gets gangrene, but lucky in the interim.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:13 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Doesn’t matter your age with gout my man. I’ve had it since I was 28 years old. If your kidneys can’t process purines, you’ll get the gout. It’s definitely miserable, but the medication really lets you do live like normal.
I was not aware of that. Thought it was an old person thing. My relatives were all older when they came down with it.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:16 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Well, that's a lucky break, I guess. Maybe not so much when the toe gets gangrene, but lucky in the interim.
He died from Alzheimer's a couple of years ago. The toe never got him.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:18 PM 07-19-2021
I'll point out that a toe injury against the Chiefs ended Jack Lambert's career, so take it seriously. You can't anchor against offensive linemen if you have a bad toe.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:37 PM 07-19-2021
Have you tried killing yourself?
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 04:49 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Have you tried killing yourself?
100% guaranteed to end any and all pain...
[Reply]
BWillie 04:56 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Help me.
Long way from your heart.

Rub some dirt on it.

Be a man, don't rub it. That's what chicks do.

All things my high school basketball coach used to tell me.
[Reply]
gblowfish 05:00 PM 07-19-2021
I broke one of mine several years ago. Kicked a concrete support beam in my basement during a storm blackout. Hurt like a mofo for about a month.
[Reply]
Graystoke 05:06 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Gots da gout
Dis guy git’s a prize
[Reply]
redfan 05:41 PM 07-19-2021
Quit jerking off so much.
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:20 PM 07-19-2021
I started getting gout at age 19. It’s been tolerable and it’s been deathly crippling. Get on meds, your doc will probably tell you rest, elevation, and most importantly, get as many bee jays as possible. (On a side note, steroid shots are a miracle cure).
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:38 PM 07-19-2021
If it's an arthritic problem you could try Aleve (generic Naproxen). I have a big toe with a minor bunion problem that will eventually require surgery. My Podiatrist told me to double up on Naproxen. Works for me after a day or two.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:43 PM 07-19-2021
You know, you don't REALLY need a big toe.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:46 PM 07-19-2021
Have you tried not sticking it in your ass so frequently?
[Reply]
Kellerfox 06:47 PM 07-19-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Doesn’t matter your age with gout my man. I’ve had it since I was 28 years old. If your kidneys can’t process purines, you’ll get the gout. It’s definitely miserable, but the medication really lets you do live like normal.
I’m not diagnosed (I don’t go to the doctor for anything)… but I’ve had textbook gout flare ups in my right big toe since my early 20’s. They progressively are getting worse and stay for longer. I recently discovered bio freeze on Amazon which helps get me sleep through the night and hobble around during flare ups.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up