ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 247
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are the Bills overhyped?
RaidersOftheCellar 04:07 PM 09-04-2022
Update: Yes, the Bills were overhyped.

Will the next edition prove to be overhyped too? Stay tuned…
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:09 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
I'm not going to throw shade on Allen. Opposition does that shit on Mahomes and it's horribly wrong.

Allen is a baller, and Buffalo is a damn good team that should be the favorite to win the SuperBowl.
Yep.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:13 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
I would expect the Bills to grudge f@ck the Chiefs early in the year. Playoffs who knows? Injuries plus the maturation of the Chiefs last few draft classes will surely be a different team in January. I never cared much for a team that peaks in September, but Buff looks like the real deal to me, and we all agree they are starving.
I won't be surprised if they win, or even if it gets kind of ugly like the early game last year, but I don't know that Allen is that much more motivated than Mahomes. Allen's had his dick sucked relentlessly as if he were the guy who scored in 13 seconds and won that game vs the "#1 D." Meanwhile, Mahomes has been the most disrespected good player in the league the last year or so, and is on a mission to prove that he doesn't need Hill.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:18 PM 09-21-2022
I'm not going to throw shade on Allen. Opposition does that shit on Mahomes and it's horribly wrong.

Allen is a baller, and Buffalo is a damn good team that should be the favorite to win the SuperBowl.
Hard to argue this, one thing though, teams rarely ever just go wire to wire in an NFL season anymore. There will be bumps in the road and a lot challenges.

KC has weathered the storm 4 years in a row well enough to barely miss a SB, win a SB, go to another and barely miss another one. Buffalo has yet to prove they can weather the storm, and there is a storm gonna happen, its just how the season works any more.

2018 Pats just did what they do, look mediocre to above average most of the season then win in the playoffs.

KC in 2019 Mahomes got hurt, had some bad losses, then boom.

Tampa was not that good regular season and that SB was not expected in 2020.

2021 Rams didn't look like a juggernaught and appear to be a one year wonder.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:18 PM 09-21-2022

^this^ We will have a chance in a year where we are turning over a substantial part of the roster. I'll take that...
[Reply]
RunKC 12:33 PM 09-21-2022
NFC is way weaker this year. Eagles and Phins are almost the same damn team it’s crazy. Loaded up on picks, drafted a young star receiver last year, traded for a star receiver this year and have a new coach with a Bama QB with question marks.

And both look really good.

The difference is I could totally see a scenario where the Eagles make the SB bc the Bucs, Packers and Rams are not what they were last year.

I don’t think the Dolphins have a shot against us or the Bills. In fact I think the Bills are going to beat the Dolphins convincingly this weekend
[Reply]
notorious 12:36 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Hard to argue this, one thing though, teams rarely ever just go wire to wire in an NFL season anymore. There will be bumps in the road and a lot challenges.

KC has weathered the storm 4 years in a row well enough to barely miss a SB, win a SB, go to another and barely miss another one. Buffalo has yet to prove they can weather the storm, and there is a storm gonna happen, its just how the season works any more.

2018 Pats just did what they do, look mediocre to above average most of the season then win in the playoffs.

Agree 100%. One near-perfect playoff game ends everything. Just look at last year against the Chiefs.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:42 PM 09-21-2022

Agree with all except saying they should be the favorite to win the SB. Why? KC has not suddenly disappeared and Buffalo has yet to prove they can beat them when it matters most. Are they a SB favorite? Sure and rightfully so. Are the THE SB favorite? I say no until they prove otherwise.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:46 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
^this^ We will have a chance in a year where we are turning over a substantial part of the roster. I'll take that...
That's all you can really ask for as a fan. The Chiefs have been great every year since Veach took over. He has managed to field a roster that gives them a legitimate shot to make a deep run in the playoffs every season. He has managed to draft well and fill roster holes through FA. That's something we would have only dreamed of during the Schaff/Carl/Pioli regimes.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:47 PM 09-21-2022
Thus far the Bills have beaten a team in the Rams that played no preseason games, lost seven starters from the superbowl team and had a QB with an injured elbow who was questionable a week before the game. Since then the Rams struggled at home against Atlanta.

Then they played a Titans squad who already lost at home to DANIEL JONES'S GIANTS and were missing key defenders, their best pass catching back, had no outside WR threat since Jones & Brown left, lost their LT during the game and are QB'd by a proven average Joe.

Have they looked impressive? Sure!!..but when you look at the finer details it's easy to see why. But the media ignore these facts and just want to get on the same hype train they've been getting on for the last two years when all the same faces picked them to beat us in the playoffs.

In 2020 they were beating teams up much the same way..last year they beat up teams just like they are doing now but they've always been great front running bullies!!..what they can't handle mentally is when a team actually punches back!!..and we punch back!!..and that's when they lose confidence and is why they lost many close games last year.

They have a very interesting schedule coming up now and we will see if they are who folks think they are. They started 5-1 last year too...but of course waving the white flag early is nothing new to some Chiefs fans smh.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:49 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Agree with all except saying they should be the favorite to win the SB. Why? KC has not suddenly disappeared and Buffalo has yet to prove they can beat them when it matters most. Are they a SB favorite? Sure and rightfully so. Are the THE SB favorite? I say no until they prove otherwise.
The way people are waving the white flag you would never believe we have the same record as the Bills despite imo playing the tougher schedule thus far.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:51 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
The "unstoppable" talk is what kills me. Two games in, and we already know this?

They've played two teams that didn't look good in their other matchups, but we've seen enough to know that the Bills can and will dominate all in their path. Interesting.

I'm getting a little deja vu from after their "perfect" game vs NE. Domination of a team that is considered to be much better than they are.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:54 PM 09-21-2022
Buffalo looks like the better team right now.

Of course, LA looked like the better team until the 4th quarter on Thursday.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 12:55 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Thus far the Bills have beaten a team in the Rams that played no preseason games, lost seven starters from the superbowl team and had a QB with an injured elbow who was questionable a week before the game. Since then the Rams struggled at home against Atlanta.

Then they played a Titans who already lost at home DANIEL JONES'S GIANTS and were missing key defenders, their best pass catching back, had no outside WR threat since Jones & Brown left, lost their LT during the game and are QB'd by a proven average Joe.

Have they looked impressive? Sure!!..but when you look at the finer details it's easy to see why. But the media ignore these facts and just want to get on the same hype train they've been getting on for the last two years when all the same faces picked them to beat us in the playoffs.

In 2020 they were beating teams up much the same way..last year they beat up teams just like they are doing now but they've always been great front running bullies!!..what they can't handle mentally is when a team actually punches back!!..and we punch back!!..and that's when they lose confidence and is why they lost many close games last year.

They have a very interesting schedule coming up now and we will see if they are who folks think they are. They started 5-1 last year too...but of course waving the white flag early is nothing new to some Chiefs fans smh.

A lot of football purists root for QBs like Allen and Herbert because they have have the preferred QB skill sets. A lot of people have a hard time accepting Mahomes success in the league.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:56 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
The "unstoppable" talk is what kills me. Two games in, and we already know this?

They've played two teams that didn't look good in their other matchups, but we've seen enough to know that the Bills can and will dominate all in their path. Interesting.

I'm getting a little deja vu from after their "perfect" game vs NE. Domination of a team that is considered to be much better than they are.
Like Bugger said, the Bills looked unstoppable in September last year too. It’s a long season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:56 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Depends.

Are the Dolphins legit? If so, you might be right.

But for 15 years the only 'storms' the Patriots ever weathered involved snow. Your division makes such a big difference.

I never thought I'd long for the days of Brady being in the AFC East, but it sure would be nice if someone can stand toe to toe with Buffalo and at least make them sweat a bit.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 247
« First < 222829303132 333435364282132 > Last »
Up