ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3649 of 4864
« First < 2649314935493599363936453646364736483649 365036513652365336593699374941494649 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:29 AM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
If they fire Hackett then he can take all of the blame, and the new guy will be the one with all the answers. It's the rinse-repeat cycle they'll be on for the next half a decade.
Ah yes. Another first time head coach.

Ten bucks says it's that e.e. cummings douche on staff they all think is the next Vince Lombardi
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:18 PM 11-26-2022
Anyone want more Q Joe Greatest Hits?

Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
The NFL knows that the 2022 Broncos are just a repeat of the 2020 Bucs and 2021 Rams and they're doing everything in their power to stop them.
:-) :-) :-) :-)
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 12:21 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

LLLLOOOOOAAAAAADDDDDDEEEEEEEDDDDD!
[Reply]
New World Order 12:25 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

Yes!!!
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:34 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's looking so bad for the Donks right now that I don't really know what possible material Knowmo can drum up when he comes back from his nephew's birthday party that lasted from November until March.

Maybe Russ will post something on IG or talk to the media about how he "Looked at the film, did the work, examined the details..." and now he knows how to fix his issues. Russ will probably go to a secret bunker with 5-head and some throwing coach and stay there for a month and come out of it proclaiming to be a brand new player. The Donk media will take that cheese and write about how Russ is "talking differently... looking like he has more energy... exuding more confidence than he ever has... getting everybody to buy in and go on a mission this year..." when OTAs roll around.

But that's the problem. That's about the only move he has for next year. What else is he supposed to say? "The defense is totally ferocious!" "Random midround 1st/2nd year player is a future all-pro!" I mean, yeah, those are the old classics, and he'll probably keep churning those out, but those cards were always played when he had the benefit of a brand new solution at QB every single year. Russ is a carry-over who will be here every season. There aren't any magical pipedreams that Knowmo can spin because he can point to something and go, "It's different, therefore it will be better."
Never underestimate his homerism.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 01:38 PM 11-26-2022
If only Knowmo promoted his junk like he does the Bronco junk. He would have more kids than a overactive sperm bank donor
[Reply]
New World Order 01:41 PM 11-26-2022
Knowmo is a marketing genius
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:35 PM 11-26-2022
He might spend his winters going from remote widow cabin to remote widow cabin
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:47 PM 11-26-2022
I was going to ask for a George Carlin best of for Christmas, but I think I’d rather have Knowmo’s greatest hits instead.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:13 PM 11-26-2022
Surtain was the only good thing he could post until last week when Devante Adams made that man his bitch scoring on him twice
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:30 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Hey blowmo, I hope you're man enough to show up here and eat crow when you dont get Rodgers and the paton/Hackett plan falls apart just like we all told you it would
And I hope everyone will tell me how right I was and how sorry you all were for doubting me if he does choose to leave.
From Joe Banner (Andy Reid's longtime GM in Philly):

https://www.the33rdteam.com/the-russ...ades-catch-22/
This is fun. I think that I'll play.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:32 PM 11-26-2022
Well that was disappointing. The link was the only thing that copied from that 3rd post. Knowshit had highlighted how elite Wilson is and how he was exactly what the Donks needed.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:34 PM 11-26-2022
Here's the post

This gave the Broncos no choice but to be aggressive in the trade market. They needed to acquire not just a better quarterback than who they had but a true difference-maker. Russell Wilson is that guy; he is an elite NFL QB and gives them a chance to compete with Mahomes, Herbert, and Carr.

If anything, Wilson has been held back by Seattle’s consistently weak offensive line and run-heavy scheme. Since Russ entered the league in 2012, the Seahawks are 27th in early-down pass rate (49.4%).

The Broncos’ roster is also strong enough to withstand the loss of draft picks they are sending to Seattle. They will still have nine picks in the 2022 Draft. As long as Russ continues to play at a high level and their young core continues to develop, trading these picks to Seattle will not hamstring them.

In light of the circumstances they found themselves in, Denver was smart to make this trade. The price they paid was certainly justifiable to bring in a Super Bowl winning quarterback. Wilson not only won a Super Bowl, but he did it in his second season then won the NFC again in the following season. He should have two rings, and it’s not like those teams were winning in spite of him. Seattle had good teams then, not great ones, and Russ was a huge part of why they went to back-to-back Super Bowls.

Despite having such substantial success early in his career, it is not unreasonable to think that Russ’ best seasons are ahead of him. The team hasn’t performed well, but that isn’t because of Wilson. He has played well and has had to overcome the coaching staff’s conservative philosophy.

For all of these reasons, the Broncos deserve to be commended for making a bold move that they desperately needed to make in order to be competitive
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:42 PM 11-26-2022
A poster on a Broncos board with PGM-style “inside sources” claims that Paton has been told he’s staying. Apparently he wanted Quinn last year but was told no by Ellis because Quinn was asking for too much money. Take it with a large grain of salt, but if true, it seems likely that Quinn will be hired as the Denver HC this offseason because the new owners do not have the same monetary restrictions.
[Reply]
TEX 03:43 PM 11-26-2022
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Here's the post

This gave the Broncos no choice but to be aggressive in the trade market. They needed to acquire not just a better quarterback than who they had but a true difference-maker. Russell Wilson is that guy; he is an elite NFL QB and gives them a chance to compete with Mahomes, Herbert, and Carr.

If anything, Wilson has been held back by Seattle’s consistently weak offensive line and run-heavy scheme. Since Russ entered the league in 2012, the Seahawks are 27th in early-down pass rate (49.4%).

The Broncos’ roster is also strong enough to withstand the loss of draft picks they are sending to Seattle. They will still have nine picks in the 2022 Draft. As long as Russ continues to play at a high level and their young core continues to develop, trading these picks to Seattle will not hamstring them.

In light of the circumstances they found themselves in, Denver was smart to make this trade. The price they paid was certainly justifiable to bring in a Super Bowl winning quarterback. Wilson not only won a Super Bowl, but he did it in his second season then won the NFC again in the following season. He should have two rings, and it’s not like those teams were winning in spite of him. Seattle had good teams then, not great ones, and Russ was a huge part of why they went to back-to-back Super Bowls.

Despite having such substantial success early in his career, it is not unreasonable to think that Russ’ best seasons are ahead of him. The team hasn’t performed well, but that isn’t because of Wilson. He has played well and has had to overcome the coaching staff’s conservative philosophy.

For all of these reasons, the Broncos deserve to be commended for making a bold move that they desperately needed to make in order to be competitive
Guess what? It didn't work, they're less competitive and in worse shape now than before. All that $$$ and lost players and draft picks just to finish last. Again. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3649 of 4864
« First < 2649314935493599363936453646364736483649 365036513652365336593699374941494649 > Last »
Up