ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- CPer's Drive-Ins & Dives - share your local 'hole-in-the-wall'
Simply Red 01:08 PM 01-05-2011
Yeah, pls. share the menu of some restaurant choices (local 'to you') that are not really chains, but have great food. Novelty places are a plus - you may wanna post menu links and their physical business signs.

Food topics have always gone over well. I have several in mind, but i'll wait and join up, later.

TY

[Reply]
tomahawk kid 03:52 PM 01-05-2011
Grinder's on E 18th in KC, MO is a great dive too.

Good sammiches & pizza.
[Reply]
kc rush 03:53 PM 01-05-2011
Not really a hole in the wall, but I'm a huge fan of Westport Flea Market in KC for burgers.

Tasty Tacos in Des Moines

Lee's Chicken in Lincoln NE

[Reply]
Bill Lundberg 03:56 PM 01-05-2011
If you ever find yourself in Lacona, IA you need to check out Rudy's Rendevous.

Pure awesomeness.
[Reply]
Spicy McHaggis 04:03 PM 01-05-2011

In Lakeview in Chicago. This place had absolutely everything a mid-20 year old guy could ever want. Nothing I had was ever taste-bud blowing awesome, but the insane variety of food available on the cheap was great. Perfect for that mid-morning recovery after a late Friday night.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:09 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by tomahawk kid:
Grinder's on E 18th in KC, MO is a great give too.

Good sammiches & pizza.
Grinder's was on Drive ins Diners and Dives.

There's a place in St. Louis called Iron Barley that's also excellent, It was also featured on DD&D:

http://www.ironbarley.com/
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:13 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by tomahawk kid:
Grinder's on E 18th in KC, MO is a great give too.

Good sammiches & pizza.
Preface by saying I love this place, but the last few times I've been there the quality of their food seems to have slipped. It could've been that they had 45 people walking back and forth behind the bar.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:16 PM 01-05-2011
Man, all this talk about food, and I missed lunch today because we're shorthanded. You guys are killing me.....just killing me. I could eat my laptop right about now...
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:18 PM 01-05-2011
Try Novella's Bistro-opening in Febuary.

Located in the new Mid Continent Library on 24 highway in Independence.

Excellent Soups, Salads and Sandwiches!!
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:19 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Did you close the Soup Trolley?
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:31 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Did you close the Soup Trolley?
Yes after 2 and half years we moved to the Library. Our last day was Dec. 24th.

The new place is amazing!
[Reply]
sedated 05:01 PM 01-05-2011
Grinder's was on Drive ins Diners and Dives.
as was The Brick, right down the street.
[Reply]
Phobia 05:21 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

I was gonna post Novellas on this thread. Crazy. Now I have to figure out where the library is then.
[Reply]
2112 05:53 PM 01-05-2011
http://www.theticktockdiner.com/

[Reply]
AirForceChief 05:55 PM 01-05-2011
Bionic Burger in Doo-Daa (Wichita). Both a Drive-in and a Dive! They used to have 4 or 5 locations back in the 80s. Then in the 90s they were down to one or two...so they may be extinct now.

But the burgers (wax paper) and homefries (served in newpaper wrappings) were freakin' awesome. Prolly pushing a 1500 calorie meal pretty easy. Good times, good times...snif.
[Reply]
Warrior5 06:08 PM 01-05-2011
Is this place right across the street from the Leavenworth Ford Dealership? If so, we ate there right after my wife bought her new Taurus. Nice place, food was decent for KC BBQ. I liked it more than my wife did. She's kinda picky about BBQ. Met the owner, he was a really nice guy. Do they have a porch around the outside? Day we were there, bikers were raising money for charity and they had live music on the porch.
That's it. Love the ribs and burnt ends. They have the porch finished now, and I think the owner has put space heaters out for the cold weather. The porch finally provides room for the live bands they have.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up