ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- CPer's Drive-Ins & Dives - share your local 'hole-in-the-wall'
Simply Red 01:08 PM 01-05-2011
Yeah, pls. share the menu of some restaurant choices (local 'to you') that are not really chains, but have great food. Novelty places are a plus - you may wanna post menu links and their physical business signs.

Food topics have always gone over well. I have several in mind, but i'll wait and join up, later.

TY

[Reply]
CanadianChief 02:56 PM 01-05-2011
http://www.loveysbbq.ca/

It's the only place in town that serves up Southern style BBQ.

I love their baked beans.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:56 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
by the truman home or in the same area?
Rhinelander is on the Independence Square, about three or four blocks east of the Truman Home. It's just a block from the courthouse.

Official name is "Rhineland Restuarant." Sorry bout that:

http://www.rheinlandrestaurant.com/
[Reply]
NewChief 02:58 PM 01-05-2011
im always scared ill order what i think is something good and end up with cock and ball soup.
I used to feel the same way. The good ones are really, really good. Way more fresh and carefully prepared than the majority of shitty TexMex restaurants.

But knowing a little spanish is a good idea... hard to go wrong by just ordering carne asada tacos.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:59 PM 01-05-2011
Lupe's on the corner of SW Blvd and Summit, carne asada torta's on Friday's and the pork carnita tacos are both good.

Jerusalem Cafe truck in Westport, but I've never had it sober.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 03:00 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Rhinelander is on the Independence Square, about three or four blocks east of the Truman Home. It's just a block from the courthouse.

Official name is "Rhineland Restuarant." Sorry bout that:

http://www.rheinlandrestaurant.com/
im soooo goin.
[Reply]
Reaper16 03:01 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by NewPhin:
Yup. Unmistakeably authentic. I bet they have a TV that blares Telemundo music videos non stop?
Absolutely. Wouldn't be the same without it.

My favorite part of Jaripeo, apart from the carnitas, is the decor choice to feature optical illusion paintings. There's dozens upon dozens of prints in this place. Two of my favorite prints found on their walls:

[Reply]
MOhillbilly 03:02 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by NewPhin:
I used to feel the same way. The good ones are really, really good. Way more fresh and carefully prepared than the majority of shitty TexMex restaurants.

But knowing a little spanish is a good idea... hard to go wrong by just ordering carne asada tacos.
we dont have anything like that in spfld except for maybe a tamale king and it looks like a mexican disco from the outside.

Its all tex-mex around here.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:17 PM 01-05-2011
Big Biscuit IS amazing, went there when I went to the bash.
[Reply]
Bewbies 03:27 PM 01-05-2011
Here in GA I'm gonna go with Zesto! Mary Mac's Tea Room, although I guess that's not much of a dive--and you can't go wrong with Taco Cabana :-) late at night.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:28 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Covered roast beef and mashed potatoes at Woodsweather Cafe in the Bottoms. Now open for dinner.
There is a lot that is pretty damn good at Woodsweather Cafe.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 03:29 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Big Biscuit IS amazing, went there when I went to the bash.
that area is my home away from home stomping grounds.
[Reply]
Oxford 03:39 PM 01-05-2011
Taylors Drive in. since 1947.

Sick sick sickest patty melt ever.

Old school burgers,fries, & onion rings served will a cup of salad.

just off benton and traffic way. 139 memorial plz.

love this place.
MO, try W F Codys.
E Sunshine near Meeks Lumber
Pizza House on Commercial street
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 03:44 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by Oxford:
MO, try W F Codys.
E Sunshine near Meeks Lumber
My dad used to take me in there back in the 80s. Big ass bugers and a insane plate of rough cut fries.
I heard the southside isnt that great.

Chicago Gyros on glenstone and dale has a excellent pizza buffet.They make what evers on the pizza menu, I like the greek.

they also have sick dogs.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:49 PM 01-05-2011
If anyone is in Clinton I would recommend Pizza Glen. It is probably the most popular place. You can get a salad and mini pizza for about $5.50 (depending on toppings).

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pizza-glen-clinton
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 03:50 PM 01-05-2011
whats the place that has chili on e. walnut?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up