ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3285 of 3903
« First < 2285278531853235327532813282328332843285 32863287328832893295333533853785 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 01:48 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Poor people in general (always exceptions) have access to healthy food, its ridiculous to claim otherwise at this point.

Eggs are cheap, vegetables are cheap, water is damn near free where as soda isn't etc....Maybe some education would help but lets be honest, a lot of obesity is driven by laziness and poor habits taught to children who grow into adults with poor habits.
When you're working two or more jobs to make ends meet, it's hard to take the time to make a healthy meal from scratch when you can just pop microwave dinners in. In many cases, kids are feeding themselves while their parents are at work.

Education is part of it. Money is part of it. But it's a VERY complicated issue.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:51 PM 12-10-2020
Poor people in general (always exceptions) have access to healthy food, its ridiculous to claim otherwise at this point.

Eggs are cheap, vegetables are cheap, water is damn near free where as soda isn't etc....Maybe some education would help but lets be honest, a lot of obesity is driven by laziness and poor habits taught to children who grow into adults with poor habits.
you can also get all you can eat Pizza for 4.99, or like 1 pint of strawberries, quantity can be a factor vs quality when money is an issue., sure for some its laziness , mental health, genetics etc.. going to be hard finding 1 size fits all solution.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:51 PM 12-10-2020

I will never forget my days of working as a pharmacy technician, and watching people double fisting mountain dew bottles while driving up for their huge doses of insulin.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:54 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
When you're working two or more jobs to make ends meet, it's hard to take the time to make a healthy meal from scratch when you can just pop microwave dinners in. In many cases, kids are feeding themselves while their parents are at work.

Education is part of it. Money is part of it. But it's a VERY complicated issue.
So you think half the country heading towards 75% of the country work 2 or more jobs and don't have time to eat right? And this is ADULTS only.

I am not buying that nonsense. It may not be simple to fix but its not complicated.

Originally Posted by :
For the following statistics, adults is defined as age 20 and over. The overweight + obese percentages for the overall US population are higher reaching 39.4% in 1997, 44.5% in 2004,[8] 56.6% in 2007,[9] 63.8% (adults) and 17% (children) in 2008,[10][11] in 2010 65.7% of American adults and 17% of American children are overweight or obese, and 63% of teenage girls become overweight by age 11.[12] In 2013 the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) found that 57.6% of all American citizens were overweight or obese. The organization estimates that 3/4 of the American population will likely be overweight or obese by 2020.[13]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesit...as%20of%202019.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:58 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I will never forget my days of working as a pharmacy technician, and watching people double fisting mountain dew bottles while driving up for their huge doses of insulin.
I can believe it. The mass overconsumption which is rampant defies the "cost" theory. Moderation is something Americans are not good at.

People eat the wrong shit and way too much of it and don't exercise.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:08 PM 12-10-2020
So you think half the country heading towards 75% of the country work 2 or more jobs and don't have time to eat right? And this is ADULTS only.

I am not buying that nonsense. It may not be simple to fix but its not complicated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesit...as%20of%202019.
You were the one who mentioned poor people. I gave some of the reasons why poor people tend to be more obese.

If we're trying to solve obesity broadly, that's a much more complicated conversation that isn't worth wasting effort on in this thread.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:25 PM 12-10-2020
You were the one who mentioned poor people. I gave some of the reasons why poor people tend to be more obese.

If we're trying to solve obesity broadly, that's a much more complicated conversation that isn't worth wasting effort on in this thread.
Fair enough.
[Reply]
TLO 03:05 PM 12-10-2020
They're really caught up on whether or not to un-blind the trial.

People are getting pretty testy in the discussion. I guess I would be too if I was stuck in a glorified zoom meeting for 8 hours.

Dr. Offit is trying to lay down some sense about the 2 people that had an allergic reaction in the UK. Nobody in the trial had an type of severe reaction. He's trying to get more information out of Pfizer about it.

They've got someone from Pfizer trying to explain the 2 patients in the UK that had the reaction but this guys accent is so thick I can't understand what he's saying.
[Reply]
sedated 03:08 PM 12-10-2020
I don't think the point is ever to solve it, but rather just tell people that their problems are solely their own and deny that there are any systemic issues that have to be overcome.

Bootstraps and such.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:11 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I don't think the point is ever to solve it, but rather just tell people that their problems are solely their own and deny that there are any systemic issues that have to be overcome.

Bootstraps and such.
I know right, personal accountability has never solved a thing.....we need the government to fix it! No problem is ever your fault! You are a victim and the government is here to save you!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:16 PM 12-10-2020
I know right, personal accountability has never solved a thing.....we need the government to fix it! No problem is ever your fault! You are a victim and the government is here to save you!
Speaking of accountability

Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 03:27 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Speaking of accountability

Spoiler!

Excuses
[Reply]
TLO 03:28 PM 12-10-2020
These 2 blokes in the UK that had an allergic reaction might be holding up our EUA.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:40 PM 12-10-2020
You're watching it :-)
[Reply]
shitgoose 03:59 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Roughly 655,000 people die of heart disease every year for reasons htismaqe listed. This does not count the diabetes rates skyrocketing over time which leads to future health problems.

If we truly care about about this, we’ll help people get healthy, make healthy food more available and promote healthy lifestyles.
Originally Posted by Donger:
I hope I don't catch heart disease when I get on a plane next week.
Avoid the food court on your way to the gate
[Reply]
Page 3285 of 3903
« First < 2285278531853235327532813282328332843285 32863287328832893295333533853785 > Last »
Up