ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Did we just wrap up the AFC West?
Hammock Parties 09:27 PM 09-15-2022
Raiders suck.

Donks suck.

Herb is broken.

Kinda feels like it's ours to lose.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:51 AM 09-19-2022
brady is 100% going to have a full on psycho ass meltdown during when he plays the chiefs he might actually literally (like literally literally) cry to the refs
[Reply]
KurtCobain 08:53 AM 09-19-2022
We do know this:

Like always, the media is gonna be slamming down some crow when it comes to the AFC west/Chiefs.
[Reply]
notorious 08:53 AM 09-19-2022
Nuke this thread from orbit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:54 AM 09-19-2022
Nice start but let's be honest - the Chargers game was more about holding serve than it was surging ahead.

A loss at home in the season opener would've done more harm than the win did good - we needed this game more than the Chargers did. Just as the Chargers now need their game at home more than we do.

In playoff baseball/hockey they say the series doesn't start until someone loses at home. We have a similar situation here but with the caveat "or loses to the Raiders or Broncos"...

Because we still have a nastier schedule than the Chargers do. They still get a shot at us at home. Things are still very much up in the air vs. LAC. Can't get complacent - the season is very very long.
[Reply]
notorious 08:54 AM 09-19-2022
I wouldn't want to be Brady's son during and after this season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:56 AM 09-19-2022
People are too high on the Bucs D, IMO. Winston has one of the worst INT rates in NFL history.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:56 AM 09-19-2022
Addendum: While we haven't 'seized' the West by any means - I think it's more than fair to say that the Raiders and Broncos have REALLY put themselves in a hole. Both teams have now dropped a game they had no business losing and both teams came into this season with long-shot odds at best.

I think it's fair to say that the West is still yet to be won - but I'm fairly comfortable saying that it's a 2-horse race.
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Addendum: While we haven't 'seized' the West by any means - I think it's more than fair to say that the Raiders and Broncos have REALLY put themselves in a hole. Both teams have now dropped a game they had no business losing and both teams came into this season with long-shot odds at best.

I think it's fair to say that the West is still yet to be won - but I'm fairly comfortable saying that it's a 2-horse race.
We really need the Chargers to drop a game or two they shouldn't .
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:59 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
People are too high on the Bucs D, IMO. Winston has one of the worst INT rates in NFL history.
And didn't he have some fractured vertebra? I mean he looked like shattered ass out there. Apart from the poor decisions, he just had no accuracy at all. And usually Winston can be counted on for 3-4 poor decisions every game but in between those he'll make some really nice throws.

Yesterday had the poor decisions without the nice throws. Winston is just an incredibly high variance passer. I mean he did throw for 5K yards and 30+ TDs before. He has good play in him. He's capable of making damn near any throw there is to be made and sometimes that's enough to make up for the stupid decisions.

But yesterday was all the bad with none of the good. A healthy Jameis might win that game. And if not - there are a dozen or more other QBs in the league who would have. The Bucs were awful for 3+ quarters.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:03 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
mahomes has a defense

nothing can stop what is coming
What happened to scoring 24+ will be an outlier and a struggle?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:04 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
We really need the Chargers to drop a game or two they shouldn't .
Well - we can take care of that for them in LA.

There is a lot that can happen between now and then, but there's an excellent chance that game will be a must win for them.

Because they are a very good team with a softer schedule than we have, but they can't spot us 2 games plus the tie-break. Both teams are likely to mark time until that game and that is probably gonna be what decides it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:09 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Chargers schedule most definitely sucks. It's a cake walk.

The Chiefs looks tougher, but last year literally doesn't matter at this point. The Titans are likely to be 0-2 and the 9ers are now playing a QB they wanted desperately to get rid of.

The Bucs are in some weird twilight zone and are about to have some suspensions.
Last season still holds some weight. The Titans, 49ers and Bills are largely the same squads that won the AFC's #1 seed, went to the NFCCG, and took us to the brink in the AFC Divisional.

The Bucs are going through some things but they're still dangerous.
[Reply]
O.city 09:09 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Well - we can take care of that for them in LA.

There is a lot that can happen between now and then, but there's an excellent chance that game will be a must win for them.

Because they are a very good team with a softer schedule than we have, but they can't spot us 2 games plus the tie-break. Both teams are likely to mark time until that game and that is probably gonna be what decides it.
I hate that too.

Two years in a row have had to go there to decide it.

I'd love nothing more than to just roll thru to a 14-3 year this year and shut everyone up.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:10 AM 09-19-2022
What's everyone make of the Herbert injury? I know he's day-to-day, but is it likely to affect his play over the course of the season?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:12 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
What's everyone make of the Herbert injury? I know he's day-to-day, but is it likely to affect his play over the course of the season?
My guess is he'll be in a bit of pain for a month or two, so that could hurt them here and there. Seems pretty likely he'd be fine by the playoffs, though (assuming they make it that far).
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up