ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Post-Mortem: 2022 NFL Draft Class
Dante84 03:49 PM 08-08-2022
Figure we can drop nuggets about random dudes from this draft class as their early careers progress.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:30 PM 08-19-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
To make him look even more douchey, this asshole is the guy who decided to skip out on the voluntary camps.

Instead of putting extra time in with these guys, he gives them the bare minimum and then publicly shits on them for not being on the same page.
Will never understand the approach to just universally chew everyone out. Smart coaches and leaders surely know different approaches work for different people.Some need a rocket, some need an arm round them, some need both at different times.

Makes me even more delighted we have Mahomes. He conducts himself perfectly in public and you just know he knows exactly how people tick and how to motivate them.

On the draft, sounds like Tolbert has struggled, Shakur looks good. Quite a few were high on Tolbert and I liked him for later rounds.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:38 AM 08-20-2022
Packers: Aaron Rodgers might just have to live with Romeo Doubs and his drops. The rookie receiver makes too many other plays. He did so again Friday night against the Saints with three catches for 24 yards and a touchdown. His other two targets, however, were drops -- including a deep ball on the opening drive in which he appeared to get turned out or misplayed.

Rodgers expressed his frustration with the young receivers, although he lumped them into a group and didn't mention anyone by name. But Doubs, a fourth-round pick, also had two drops and a touchdown in last week's preseason opener at the 49ers.

In all, the Packers had four drops by first- or second-year receivers (the two by Doubs, one by Samori Toure on a well-placed deep ball and one by Amari Rodgers down the seam). Several drops would have been explosive plays, hurting Jordan Love's numbers (12-of-24 for 113 yards and one touchdown), but at least they didn't turn into interceptions like they did last week.

"It's not going to be perfect," coach Matt LaFleur said about Doubs. "There's going to be some lessons along the way. He's a guy that is pretty resilient. He doesn't get fazed by a negative play. He just keeps on playing. That's what excites you about him. You see a guy with really good feet. He's gotten really good in his transition. He's got a burst. He's been able to separate, which is something that's tough to coach. Guys can either do it or they can't. There's stuff to clean up, for certain, but he's a guy that we are excited about it."

Doubs makes plays that not every receiver on the Packers' roster can make. He perfectly timed a 4-yard fade for a touchdown catch, outjumping Saints safety Brian Allen. He caught a 17-yard deep out and had another 17-yarder wiped out by a penalty. At this point, Doubs is probably the Packers' fourth receiver behind Allen Lazard, Randall Cobb and Sammy Watkins -- none of whom have played in preseason games. -- Rob Demovsky
[Reply]
PHOG 07:48 AM 08-20-2022
Randall Cobb & Sammy Watkins? :-)

Bad times for the Packers I see.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:41 AM 08-20-2022
The packers really like Kingsley Enagbare. I’m not sure why he fell. At one point he was projected as a second round pick (I think) but fell to the fifth round

Kingsley Enagbare with the ��

baits the OT with the inside hand and dips under the punch pic.twitter.com/d0utdw78lJ

— Anthony Treash (@PFF_Anthony) August 20, 2022

[Reply]
JPH83 10:52 AM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
The packers really like Kingsley Enagbare. I’m not sure why he fell. At one point he was projected as a second round pick (I think) but fell to the fifth round

Think I had him as one of my steals in one of these threads. Amazed he fell that far. Not a top athlete perhaps? But he does a lot well enough.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:54 AM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:

He tested incredibly poorly athletically.

I would have loved for KC to nab him instead of Kinnard.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:05 PM 08-20-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

I believe PFF had him graded as a top 10 pass rusher in the draft
[Reply]
JPH83 05:44 AM 08-21-2022

Yep, think the Kinnard pick was way over-hyped given what was still on the board at that point and what we needed. I honestly liked quite a few other OL prospects as well. Zach Tom looks good for the Packers for example. We seem to be going for these massive dudes with less refined footwork - fine for guard, not convinced I want more of those projects at tackle.
[Reply]
Kellerfox 10:22 AM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by Kellerfox:
De'Marvin Leal has been a standout at Steelers training camp too (in addition to Pickens). They seem pretty confident that they snagged a perennial pro bowler on the DL.

I've also seen that Erik Ezukanma has looked good for the Dolphins... But that's a very crowded WR depth chart at the top.
Erik Ezukanma had a nice little game: 6 receptions for 114 yards including a pair of 1-handed catches.

I still think Miami will end up being a less than ideal situation for him with Hill/Waddle/Geseki (and Wilson/Williams) entrenched ahead of him plus Tua/Bridgewater throwing the ball.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:13 PM 08-21-2022

Yeah, poor would be an understatement. I was incredibly high on the kid prior to that shit show.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:06 PM 08-21-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Yeah, poor would be an understatement. I was incredibly high on the kid prior to that shit show.
Same here. Was a huge fan, but definitely soured me a bit.

Still would've taken him on day 3 though.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:59 AM 08-22-2022
I didn’t watch a ton, but Malik Willis looked surprisingly good IMO.

A long way from closing the book on his development, but I was surprised how good he looked.

Will some fucking NFC team, any NFC team pick up something, anything for talent? The fucks.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:24 AM 08-22-2022
Seahawks draft looks quite good. Cross, Mafe and Abraham all look good.

But holy mother of fucking God are they stupid. They took a RB in the first rd a few years ago and it was a disaster. Oh hey let’s take another one at pick 41 bc our offense is based in 1990.

If they take Willis there they might have the best draft in the league. Like he was so perfect to replace Russell Wilson but they said (yes they said this) that Lock was better than all these QB’s.

Yikes
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:37 AM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Seahawks draft looks quite good. Cross, Mafe and Abraham all look good.

But holy mother of fucking God are they stupid. They took a RB in the first rd a few years ago and it was a disaster. Oh hey let’s take another one at pick 41 bc our offense is based in 1990.

If they take Willis there they might have the best draft in the league. Like he was so perfect to replace Russell Wilson but they said (yes they said this) that Lock was better than all these QB’s.

Yikes
Other than putting together that initial legion of boom defense they’ve been criminally bad.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:03 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I didn’t watch a ton, but Malik Willis looked surprisingly good IMO.

A long way from closing the book on his development, but I was surprised how good he looked.

Will some fucking NFC team, any NFC team pick up something, anything for talent? The fucks.
Right?

The NFC has 3 absolute joke conference and it's hard to tell if the NFC South or East is the worst of the lot.

All 4 teams out of the west could be favored to win either of those. The Bucs and Cowboys are quality teams but hardly world-beaters. Beyond them you have some of the worst teams/organizations in the NFL. I guess the Eagles being a decent little dark-horse if Hurts is legit puts the East ahead of the South. The South, with the Panthers, Saints and Falcons, may be the worst trio of teams I've ever seen in a single division. And hell, with the Vikings, Lions and Bears in the North, they're not worlds better than the East.

The AFC is just freakin' loaded while the NFC just continues to atrophy.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up