ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>*** 2022 Prospect Tracker: Chiefs Interest / Visits / Work Outs ***
Dante84 03:48 PM 04-15-2022
Added OT Ryan Van Demark, thanks!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:42 PM 04-15-2022
Is this well known? Haven't heard much chatter about it but kind of tuned out.

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpre...estic-Violence

Back at the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine, WalterFootball.com reported there were serious character concerns that were hurting Georgia defensive tackle Devonte Wyatt with pro teams. Wyatt put together an excellent combine workout, many began projecting him to the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft. Multiple NFL teams told WalterFootball.com since that they have dropped Wyatt off their boards because of repeated incidents of domestic violence.

In February of 2020, Wyatt was arrested for a "family violence" incident. Team sources say that their private investigators found out about three additional domestic violence incidents. With that in his background, sources from multiple teams say Wyatt is off their draft board.
[Reply]
Dante84 05:02 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

Back at the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine, WalterFootball.com reported there were serious character concerns that were hurting Georgia defensive tackle Devonte Wyatt with pro teams. Wyatt put together an excellent combine workout, many began projecting him to the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft. Multiple NFL teams told WalterFootball.com since that they have dropped Wyatt off their boards because of repeated incidents of domestic violence.

In February of 2020, Wyatt was arrested for a "family violence" incident. Team sources say that their private investigators found out about three additional domestic violence incidents. With that in his background, sources from multiple teams say Wyatt is off their draft board.
Wow, hadn't heard that!
[Reply]
kccrow 09:27 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

I knew about the 2020 incident and brought it up a few days back, but the part about repeated incidents I haven't seen anywhere. Interesting.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:30 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I knew about the 2020 incident and brought it up a few days back, but the part about repeated incidents I haven't seen anywhere. Interesting.
Me either.

McShay was on Russillo's podcast yesterday and mentioned that Wyatt had a character incident, but it was a one off deal and his record was otherwise sterling. At least I think that's who he was talking about. It's a pretty entertaining listen, if you've got the time.

Obviously McShay is getting his stuff from teams. I'm guessing teams are willing to take that specific risk for that dudes talent.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:04 PM 04-15-2022
Could be why we had him in for a visit.
[Reply]
bevischief 08:03 PM 04-15-2022
He is the son of a former KC Chief of the 90s.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:59 AM 04-18-2022

Washington State CB Jaylen Watson is visiting with the #Chiefs today, per source. Watson has had workouts, in-person and/or virtual visits with 22 teams. A long (6-3, 204) press corner.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 18, 2022

Jaylen Watson is today. Already on the list.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:41 PM 04-18-2022
Delarrin Turner-Yell

He said on a podcast that the team most in contact with him is the Chiefs
[Reply]
In58men 07:27 PM 04-18-2022
Wake Forest WR Jaquarii Roberson is scheduled to visit with the #Chiefs later this week, per @JustinM_NFL
[Reply]
kccrow 07:33 PM 04-18-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
Wake Forest WR Jaquarii Roberson is scheduled to visit with the #Chiefs later this week, per @JustinM_NFL
I'm very high on this kid. Wouldn't mind him in the 3rd-4th at all. Sneaky good player that's been flying well under the radar.
[Reply]
bsp4444 07:44 PM 04-18-2022
Have we seriously not brought in a single DE, yet?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:51 PM 04-18-2022
Originally Posted by bsp4444:
LOL, Chiefs are trading up for one most likely
[Reply]
kccrow 08:00 PM 04-18-2022
Originally Posted by bsp4444:
Not much has gotten out into the media since Veach took over. Not too much on top prospects other than a couple WRs. I'm sure they have met with nearly all of them but we aren't going to know about it until after the draft.

I wouldnt' make too much out about top-30 visits. Not even sure why they call them that. Top-30 guys you have the most questions about usually.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:06 PM 04-18-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Not much has gotten out into the media since Veach took over. Not too much on top prospects other than a couple WRs. I'm sure they have met with nearly all of them but we aren't going to know about it until after the draft.

I wouldnt' make too much out about top-30 visits. Not even sure why they call them that. Top-30 guys you have the most questions about usually.
There's also formal and informal Combine/Bowl Game interviews
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up