ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 435
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:41 AM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
True.

So why did you shit on the Pats for trading what they did for Sanu? Aren't they a winning organization?
Ummm Sanu isn’t a fucking rookie. He’s a 30 year old vet and we know exactly who he is.

That’s a far cry from a rookie 6th round pick who probably none of us did our homework on. Are you seriously trying to compare these two situations?
[Reply]
O.city 11:42 AM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ummm Sanu isn’t a ****ing rookie. He’s a 30 year old and we know exactly who he is.

That’s a far cry from a rookie 6th round pick who probably none of us did our homework on.
But don't you think Belicheck knows more about it than you do?
[Reply]
KC Hawks 11:46 AM 11-05-2019
Brett Veach has made some really good moves. Brett Veach has made some really bad moves.

Hope this clears things up.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:47 AM 11-05-2019
But don't you think Belicheck knows more about it than you do?
I know what you’re trying to do here. I’m not saying that we can’t ever be critical.

There’s a huge difference between a 30 year old NFL WR who we’ve watched throughout his entire career and a 6th round pick that nobody knows anything about. The situations aren’t even remotely close. Give me a break.

There’s a reason I’m using Fenton and other draft picks only for this.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:47 AM 11-05-2019
I liked Fields, and yes I thought he would make the team, but I have enough sense to know that just because I liked Fields more doesn’t mean he was “night and day” better than Fenton and clearly should’ve been the pick.

The point I’m trying to make is you think you’re so fucking smart that you can’t even give a winning organization the benefit of the doubt on a fucking 6th round pick when they’ve clearly done way more work on that guy than you have. You talked about the guy like he was a wasted draft pick and he’s stepped up big time as a rookie.

Maybe just maybe you should give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

Hardman is a perfect example. Andy Reid clearly has a better fucking eye for offensive talent than you ever will, but of course you can’t trust that he knows better than armchair GM DJ’s Left Nut on ChiefsPlanet.
He's a 6th round pick. I don't 'give the benefit of the doubt' because I largely don't care at all. They're odd little novelties that occasionally pan out and mostly don't matter. Ever. Rashad Fenton barely crossed my mind at any point and to even call that 'criticism' of the Fenton pick does the word a disservice. That is tepid support of Fields at it's very worst.

In camp, Fields WAS significantly better and I'm certain you'll acknowledge this fact. Then the dude !@#$ing immolated in the 4th pre-season game and deservedly lost his gig. So be it - but to act like Fenton hadn't outplayed him by leaps and bounds to that point is absurd.

And to act like any of my posts on the subject suggest that I was just furious with Brett Veach for taking Fenton is just laughable. Are you really that hard-up for something to bitch about?

And by the way, I've polished Andy Reid's knob literally since the moment we brought him on. Look at that "Andy Reid sucks" thread when I have habitually called people fucking morons and dissected their nonsensical "he can't manage a clock" horseshit. I literally started a thread saying that Andy Reid was better than blowjobs the day the signing was announced. I believe he's one of the 3-5 best coaches in NFL history. In what fucking world have I suggested that I know more about football than Andy Reid?

But when the extent of your contributions to ANYTHING on this board is "well if Andy Reid did it, I guess I should just assume it was right" - then what the hell are you even here for? Chat boards are always about disagreement. They're always about discourse and yes, I'll disagree with decisions made by even the mighty Andy Reid. Doesn't mean I think I know more about football than he does - hell, I said a dozen times last year that Bob Sutton knows more about this game than the 10 most knowledgeable posters on this board combined. Even the dumbest guys in football know more than we do (well, maybe not all of them, but most of them). IT'S THEIR JOB.

But if you're just going to defer to authority every time a team with a winning record does something - just fucking pack it in. Is the KC Star board still around? I'm sure you can go hang out there and just shout "YAAAY CHIEFS!! "every Sunday.
[Reply]
O.city 11:50 AM 11-05-2019
I know what you’re trying to do here. I’m not saying that we can’t ever be critical.

There’s a huge difference between a 30 year old NFL WR who we’ve watched throughout his entire career and a 6th round pick that nobody knows anything about. The situations aren’t even remotely close. Give me a break.

There’s a reason I’m using Fenton and other draft picks only for this.
Yeah, still doesn't make sense though.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 11:51 AM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I wish I could remember the play but it wasn't the one where he threw the lineman into Cousins but rather a play where someone else got pressure and forced a bad pass after Cousins couldn't step up.

But you can find that play easier so just take a look at it instead - Chris Jones has some of the best get off I have ever seen for a player that size. He doesn't demonstrate it quite as clearly in that play but you can kinda see it there as well. His ability to just blow off the ball and into his man before the guy knows what hit him is just unreal.

There are times he seems as fast off the ball as Ford did and the guy weights 300 damn lbs. I read he had been doing some off-season drills to get his weight down and it shows even more this year than it did last season, that guy is a rocket off the snap.

That's the kind of thing I'm looking for with Clark and just not seeing. Where is there an attribute? It's not his first step and it's not his bend or agility. It damn sure isn't his hand-fighting or ability to string moves together. It's not strength in his lower half either. What the hell made the guy good and where has it gone? Because I'm just not seeing a skill that jumps off the screen anywhere with Frank Clark.

What is it that Frank Clark does well? From a physical or technique standpoint, what would you identify as his strengths? I just can't see 'em.
He's young and played at a very high level in Seattle. Did KC overpay for him? Yup and a lot of people new this back in April. Can he play at a high level this season? Maybe. He's been banged up. I didn't like the elbow braces on in earlier games and now a neck injury nobody has info on. I think he will be a high level player, just not for that price tag.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:51 AM 11-05-2019
Yes - you are.

If your position is "criticizing the Chiefs is substituting your judgment for Andy Reid's and thus a suggestion you know more about football than Reid" then you are absolutely saying exactly that.

That or you're just doing a really lousy job of trying to make a point.

Y'know what, you're right - it's probably just the latter. Par for the course, really.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:52 AM 11-05-2019
Of course it doesn’t because I’m arguing with DJ. You wouldn’t dare agree with me when I’m debating your master.

:-)

You’re such an dick riding pillowbitergot. What kind of grown ass man does that?

My point is we could at least give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to a 6th rounder versus an UDFA. It’s really not that complicated and makes sense if you aren’t trying to be a pillowbitergot.

I’m not even saying you can’t have an opinion, just this fire Veach BS and he gets raped every time he trades is embarrassingly stupid. DJ’s Left Nut isn’t a pimple on Veach’s ass yet he really did believe he knows better. There’s a huge difference between being critical and that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:53 AM 11-05-2019
It doesn't. At all.

It's one of those points you tend to get taught in a debate course - in the course of making several arguments, any argument that doesn't help your case will actively hurt it.

So maybe the whole "Andy Reid knows more about offensive football than you so you should just shut up and assume he's right" thing should've just stayed in his pocket.

To each their own...
[Reply]
O.city 11:56 AM 11-05-2019
Of course it doesn’t because I’m arguing with DJ. You wouldn’t dare agree with me when I’m debating your master.

:-)

You’re such an dick riding pillowbitergot. What kind of grown ass man does that?
I mean, ok. I don't really care what you guys are arguing about. It's an appeal to authority, which is fine, but own it man. Don't run from it.

Either way though, doesn't matter to me.

I don't care about picks after the 4th round, I'd have them all traded away so I wouldn't have to worry about picking them. I don't really care about Fields vs Fenton or whatever you guys are arguing. I was just chiming in on the obvious.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:00 PM 11-05-2019
I mean, ok. I don't really care what you guys are arguing about. It's an appeal to authority, which is fine, but own it man. Don't run from it.

Either way though, doesn't matter to me.

I don't care about picks after the 4th round, I'd have them all traded away so I wouldn't have to worry about picking them. I don't really care about Fields vs Fenton or whatever you guys are arguing. I was just chiming in on the obvious.
Gooooood boy, O.City.

Such a good booooy.

[Reply]
O.city 12:01 PM 11-05-2019
I try.

Sometimes.

So much hostility.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:03 PM 11-05-2019
I know there’s more, but I don’t have the time to keep digging. Point is Chiefs didn’t take DJ’s guy so OF COURSE the guy they did take is worse and a bad pick.

It’s the same shit he’s doing with Hardman.

The arrogance is strong with this one.
Lol, what a weak ass response. Where was he throwing a fit like a child that didnt get what he wanted for Christmas? Youre a fucking clown
[Reply]
O.city 12:05 PM 11-05-2019
I had staylors back when he was dealing with titty meat, and this is the thanks I get.

Sheesh.
[Reply]
Page 128 of 435
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178228 > Last »
Up