ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 168 of 168
« First < 68118158164165166167168
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL Chiefs @ Colts Week 3 Gameday Thread****
Hammock Parties 10:59 PM 09-24-2022
IS THERE ANYTHING IN THE WORLD YOU HATE AS MUCH AS THAT HORSE?

[Reply]
JPH83 01:43 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
To me, it has been the play calling that has been really bad, not Mahomes.

To me, it has been the offensive line that has looked sus AF, not Mahomes.

To me, it has been the wide receivers that have been really bad, not Mahomes. We can cannot create separation on normal routes, at all.

Mahomes has not been 2018, or even 2019 Mahomes yet, but I have more faith (like, all the faith) that he will play great this season, but I don't really see the offensive line getting better, and it looks like unless we trade for a receiver, we are going to have a season without a legit #1, or even a legit #2 wide receiver.

That first game against Arizona was classic Reid having an entire training camp to prepare for one game, so Veach looked very smart. However, it is becoming clear that WR is one of the positions Veach needs to study more, and we probably need to change whatever our criteria is for that position, because JJSS and MVS look like JAGs from the garbage pile.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
One of the reasons I was hoping we double dipped at WR last draft. Just play the numbers game. Still think there was lots to be happy about with that draft but come 2023 I think we need to swing twice at WR, early and late.
[Reply]
TEX 05:31 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
One of the reasons I was hoping we double dipped at WR last draft. Just play the numbers game. Still think there was lots to be happy about with that draft but come 2023 I think we need to swing twice at WR, early and late.
LT must be addressed also.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:20 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
We haven't added a single impact playmaker to this offense since Kareem Hunt in the 2017 draft.

Veach's ability to draft offensive skill players is starting to look concerning.
Let's not forget that OBJ @LT was Squanch playing 4D chess after going Lloyd Dobler outside Trent Williams' window and rolling snake eyes.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:27 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I’m not sure what happened out there, but the Defense certainly showed up to play. Didn’t seem like they were overlooking anyone.

The special teams were an abortion and the offense seemed out of sync all day. Not sure why, but don’t think it was overconfidence.
I do agree, the D was good.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:32 AM 09-26-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
You're going to upset a lot of Veach heads here. For what it's worth I think he's done a really good job at LB and with the secondary and the IOL. But really all the rest is debatable. Spent a first on a v average RB, WRs have taken a step back, OTs are worse, DL is expensive and pretty so-so. Pretty mixed bag.

In his defence not every draft has a Hill or Kelce, and the league is set up to prevent dynasties and endless restocking, so something was always going to give. But there's a fair few picks and acquisitions you'd probably have back.
The ripples of the CEH pick will be felt for some time, IMO.

And I don't think it's fair to expect another Kelce or Hill - but man, at a point he's gonna need to find a St. Brown or at least a Mooney on the 3rd day if his 1st and 2nd day skill position players are going to be this underwhelming.

But ultimately I think next season is where we'll have to learn something. So much was needed on the defense that prioritizing same was completely defensible. Especially since I don't think they anticipated losing Hill until about February.
[Reply]
redfan 08:42 AM 09-26-2022
11:59 is not midnight!! Damn kids!!!!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:43 AM 09-26-2022
Lmao I always love the planet post loss
[Reply]
Page 168 of 168
« First < 68118158164165166167168
Up