ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Okafor re-signs
Tribal Warfare 11:30 AM 07-20-2021

Free agent pass-rusher Alex Okafor is signing back with the #Chiefs, source said. He gets a 1-year deal and will return to KC, his home for the last two seasons.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 20, 2021

[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:49 AM 07-20-2021
No down side to this.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:57 AM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Chiefs couldn't afford to pay him $7.5 million per at the time
ChiefsPlanet has taught me the salary cap is a myth, so you're wrong so wrong.

Plus, it should be a rule to never let the Dolphins get over on anyone on principal alone. Maybe that's my personal opinion, but I feel it's sound logic.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:06 PM 07-20-2021
Trash
[Reply]
tredadda 12:16 PM 07-20-2021
Not a bad signing if he stays healthy.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:16 PM 07-20-2021
We are absolute ass at DE
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:16 PM 07-20-2021
Better than Ingram. Availability is the question mark.
[Reply]
TRR 12:17 PM 07-20-2021
A lot of time in the tub as others have stated. He’s a good run defender, and shows a little bend from time to time. Wouldn’t mind him kicking inside more often with his length/height.

Here’s hoping he’s motivated and can stay off the injured list for this season.
[Reply]
TRR 12:17 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Better than Ingram. Availability is the question mark.
He’s not better than Melvin Ingram.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:20 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Guess they hoping for Ingram.
I agree. I also think this means they are not, and have never been, in the hunt for Houston.

I don't think that surprises anyone but this confirms it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:22 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I agree. I also think this means they are not, and have never been, in the hunt for Houston.

I don't think that surprises anyone but this confirms it.
It doesn't mean that at all. Houston could simply be asking too much for what's ultimately a part-time gig.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:24 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It doesn't mean that at all. Houston could simply be asking too much for what's ultimately a part-time gig.
That's fair.
[Reply]
-King- 12:41 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Are they really so married to having Chris Jones at DE that if Houston signed, they wouldn't kick him back to his natural position?

Houston-Jones-Reed-Clark would be a really great lineup.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:43 PM 07-20-2021
This could end up being a blessing in disguise. Decent young pass rushers emerge in this league all the time. We saw serious flashes from Danna last year, Kaindoh obviously needs work but that's why we have a top flight coaching staff. Ward looked good week 17, Taco was balling before he got hurt.

We used to have to stress about stuff like this, but it's not anywhere near as much of a big deal now. I mean between Reed, Jones, (hopefully) Clark and all these young guys, I'm sure we can generate enough pressure.
[Reply]
sedated 12:44 PM 07-20-2021
Houston is not coming back to KC. He apparently didn't like Andy Reid, and left on bad terms from both sides.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:47 PM 07-20-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Are they really so married to having Chris Jones at DE that if Houston signed, they wouldn't kick him back to his natural position?

Houston-Jones-Reed-Clark would be a really great lineup.
It's a good question. On paper, that would be an excellent line regardless of down and distance.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up