ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 163
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
vonBobo 11:48 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I take it you aren’t able to watch it with an over the air antenna?
Right
[Reply]
vonBobo 11:50 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I heard drinking bleach works.
I went the vaccination route.
[Reply]
vonBobo 12:00 PM 11-29-2022
Looks like I will watch Estados Unidos on peacock.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:00 PM 11-29-2022

The youngest starting XI at #Qatar2022 thus far. 🇺🇸

Full Lineup Notes » https://t.co/QTnkPEKnw2 #USMNT x @Visa pic.twitter.com/TaaG7eI52N

— U.S. Men's National Soccer Team (@USMNT) November 29, 2022

Zimmerman has been benched!!! Cameron Carter Vickers gets the start. Wish this would have been the lineup all along. I like that Berhalter is actually making an adjustment to what we’ve seen. Zimmerman has been bad and I don’t think we could get much worse back there. Getting CCV the minutes in the World Cup makes the most sense for now and the future. No MLS players in the starting lineup for the haters saying there was MLS favoritism.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:15 PM 11-29-2022
Reyna and Aaronson on the bench again. Seems a better setup overall though.
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:18 PM 11-29-2022

How to fix soccer:

1. The field is fucking huge. Shrink it.

2. Too many players on the field. Limit to three forwards, two defenders, and a goalie.

3. Players should get to come in and out whenever they want. Don’t stop the game.

4. Shrink the goal.

5. Ice everywhere

— Jarvis (@jarvis_best) November 28, 2022

[Reply]
penguinz 12:21 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:

Zimmerman has been benched!!! Cameron Carter Vickers gets the start. Wish this would have been the lineup all along. I like that Berhalter is actually making an adjustment to what we’ve seen. Zimmerman has been bad and I don’t think we could get much worse back there. Getting CCV the minutes in the World Cup makes the most sense for now and the future. No MLS players in the starting lineup for the haters saying there was MLS favoritism.
Still have an MLS mind running the team though. :-)
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:21 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
This is basically complaining that the nfl needs to be more like arena football.

I’m sure there are still some indoor soccer leagues out there if that aligns better with a person’s sporting tastes
[Reply]
bdj23 12:26 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
This is basically complaining that the nfl needs to be more like arena football.

I’m sure there are still some indoor soccer leagues out there if that aligns better with a person’s sporting tastes
He's saying he likes hockey better
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:27 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:

Not really. It's rooting for hockey instead of soccer. It's a joke.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:33 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Not really. It's rooting for hockey instead of soccer. It's a joke.
Thank you for your contribution to the World Cup thread
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:38 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Still have an MLS mind running the team though. :-)
Well, it’s an elimination game and he’s named two guys to the 11 who played a total of 1 game in qualifying. Fans usually want to see a manager who isn’t afraid to make changes and he’s done something risky here that will be talked about.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:41 PM 11-29-2022
You're always going to have idiots complaining about how to fix a sport they don't care about, and won't, even if it's changed to their requirements.

I'm the same way with baseball. I have many ideas for how the game would be more entertaining to me, but it would change the entire sport and I probably wouldn't watch anyway.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:45 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
You're always going to have idiots complaining about how to fix a sport they don't care about, and won't, even if it's changed to their requirements.

I'm the same way with baseball. I have many ideas for how the game would be more entertaining to me, but it would change the entire sport and I probably wouldn't watch anyway.
I am just glad that we finally had someone come in here and make a “soccer sucks” post. I was afraid we might get through this whole month-long competition without someone letting us know that they don’t like it. Thankfully we’ve finally had someone step into the breach.
[Reply]
tk13 12:47 PM 11-29-2022
I don't understand how Tom Rinaldi is still going. The guy has done every single US match, and in between he was at the Cowboys game on Thanksgiving, the Ohio State/Michigan game and he was at Arrowhead on Sunday and now he's back on the sidelines in Qatar. Dude's had to fly like 10K miles in the last week.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 163
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Up