ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN is Garbage
staylor26 11:01 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
You're a moron if you think that
You think I’m a racist because I openly don’t support BLM the organization/movement. You’re dumb enough to think that means I don’t believe “black lives matter”.

He’s obviously using an extreme example, but there are those that actually believe that too hence “silence is violence”.
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:36 AM 06-08-2021
I was wondering last night if Stephen A. Smith wanted to retract his statement on Nash being a "white privilege hire" as his team dismantled the Bucks last night.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:51 AM 06-08-2021
"You're racist, but I'm too lazy to prove it. It's true though trust me..."

Sounds about right.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:53 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
"You're racist, but I'm too lazy to prove it. It's true though trust me..."

Sounds about right.
Now is when he disappears…
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:56 AM 06-08-2021
I'm not going to spend all day arguing with your dumb ass like you do everybody else on this site. Disappearing lol you live on here
[Reply]
staylor26 10:58 AM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I'm not going to spend all day arguing with your dumb ass like you do everybody else on this site. Disappearing lol you live on here
Tap out acknowledged.
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:01 AM 06-08-2021
If this thread was any more political (and retarded) it could pass for a segment of First Take.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:55 AM 06-08-2021
Once again the woke stuff has nothing to do with why their station isn't good anymore. Being owned by Disney it was pretty obvious they were gonna go down that path.

They have been courting the younger audience for what seems like 2 decades now and have yet to really get any return on it. They get out of the NFL what they can like every other network. There's a reason NFL live runs 365 days a year.

But they made the decision to really stake their flagship to the NBA, ESPN is all things NBA all the time. The Jump is on everyday, the NBA gets prime coverage on sportscenter, they show games etc. Meanwhile they moved away from the NHL basically completely and the MLB is still shown but has been drastically downsized.

They basically have done nothing but chase younger viewers that really don't care while alienating older fans who like things like MLB in the process.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:02 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Once again the woke stuff has nothing to do with why their station isn't good anymore. Being owned by Disney it was pretty obvious they were gonna go down that path.

They have been courting the younger audience for what seems like 2 decades now and have yet to really get any return on it. They get out of the NFL what they can like every other network. There's a reason NFL live runs 365 days a year.

But they made the decision to really stake their flagship to the NBA, ESPN is all things NBA all the time. The Jump is on everyday, the NBA gets prime coverage on sportscenter, they show games etc. Meanwhile they moved away from the NHL basically completely and the MLB is still shown but has been drastically downsized.

They basically have done nothing but chase younger viewers that really don't care while alienating older fans who like things like MLB in the process.
I’m going to stop you right there.

1. This is a matter of opinion.

2. It’s not just the woke stuff, but it’s obviously part of it. It’s only made it worse.

3. It doesn’t surprise me that you’d say this considering you are always defending woke bs.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:07 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’m going to stop you right there.

1. This is a matter of opinion.

2. It’s not just the woke stuff, but it’s obviously part of it. It’s only made it worse.

3. It doesn’t surprise me that you’d say this considering you are always defending woke bs.
They were shitty long before that, it would be like saying your cold really sucks when you have MS.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:26 PM 06-08-2021
They were shitty long before that, it would be like saying your cold really sucks when you have MS.
They were shitty, yes. But i still tuned in for highlights, until it became political. Personally sports are my escape, or were. I support players right to demonstrate, however when i tune in for sports updates i dont want any agenda pushed on me plain and simple.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:34 PM 06-08-2021
Stupid analogy.

It’s sucked before, but the woke bullshit just made everything even worse.

It’s more like having a bad sandwich then adding shit to it thinking it will taste better.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:10 PM 06-08-2021
:-)

I'm stealing this.

But yeah, they were shitty LONG before wokeness.
[Reply]
hawkchief 08:00 PM 06-08-2021

Exhibit A as to why I rarely post here. Folks like Mecca take a simple comment about why ESPN sucks and turn it into an argument. Instead of accepting their wokeness is a reason they suck so bad, he’ll spend half his life trying to tell you how it has nothing to do with their demise. Sad, actually to watch people behave this way. Need to argue and try to show superior knowledge even when someone stated a simple opinion.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:41 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by hawkchief:
Exhibit A as to why I rarely post here. Folks like Mecca take a simple comment about why ESPN sucks and turn it into an argument. Instead of accepting their wholeness is a reason they suck so bad, he’ll spend half his life trying to tell you how it has nothing to do with their demise.
What is this "demise" you speak of?

I get it, you don't like the programming on ESPN.

But in world of multiple streamers and cable cutting, ESPN stands above nearly all of the rest, save for Netflix (which will only lose subscribers in the coming decade), Disney+ (who owns ESPN) and Amazon Prime Video, which really isn't a fair comparison due to the fact that Prime Video is included in their shipping service.

HBO Max has around 40 million customers and they would absolutely love to have ESPN type numbers. Showtime and Starz! aren't even in the conversation and HULU, which again, is owned by Disney, has 40 million customers.

They all pale to ESPN's subscriber numbers.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up