ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 53
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****All Things Weather 2021*****
displacedinMN 06:52 PM 01-31-2021
Talk about, report, and complain about weather here. It does not matter where you live. Talk about what you got. Snow, wind, hail, storms, virga, meatballs. Give information about what city is close to you. Pics are great too.

This map can be used by anyone and moved to your area. It is customizable for you and gives a lot of information.

Live storm chasers videos https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/
Windy radar map https://www.windy.com/
Live lightning map https://map.blitzortung.org/#1/52/8
[Reply]
sully1983 08:50 AM 12-04-2021
Its gonna be a high of 79 degrees today in Scottsdale, Arizona . Can't complain about that (especially since I was born and raised in Illinois. I definitely don't miss shoveling snow these days)
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:54 AM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Says their volcanoes are 13k feet, so it doesn't surprise me (granted, I didn't know Hawaii's volcanoes were 13k feet).

Granted, I also live in a state where a lot of people seem to assume is a vast desert wasteland, yet parts get feet of snow (at altitude) every year.
Ever been to the largest mountain in Kansas? Mount Sunflower? ..Gorgeous!!

[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:19 AM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Ever been to the largest mountain in Kansas? Mount Sunflower? ..Gorgeous!!

I hear that on average 6 people die each year trying to reach the summit.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:38 AM 12-04-2021
I saw somewhere that this year is the first year in recorded weather history that Denver did not get any snow before December 1st. Wow.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:49 AM 12-04-2021
Buhler-that snowstorm had winds of 90 mph. a record for an inland snowstorm, that was not a hurricane
[Reply]
notorious 10:02 AM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I saw somewhere that this year is the first year in recorded weather history that Denver did not get any snow before December 1st. Wow.
November 21 was their previous record.

We haven’t seen an ounce of moisture in months on the plains.
[Reply]
notorious 10:03 AM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I hear that on average 6 people die each year trying to reach the summit.
The realize they are in western Kansas and take the easy way out.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:30 PM 12-04-2021
webcam on a mountain in Hawaii
https://www.nps.gov/media/webcam/vie...5645F63C96B719
[Reply]
stumppy 12:47 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Few years ago, wife wanted to go to Great Wolf Lodge in Colorado Springs (we're closer to Colorado Springs than KC). Got one of her sisters and her parents to come out to go with us.

She got all worked up about the weather, which I downplayed quite a bit. So we go a day early and get a hotel room and it snows 6 ish inches. We get over to Great Wolf and it starts to snow. The storm that was forecast.

For reasons unbeknownst to reasonable men, my FIL did not get his stuff out of his car. So it's mid-blizzard, people can't get out of the hotel, there's no rooms for them, everything is a fisaco, and here is Buehler445, the good soldier SIL, goes out in a heavy wet blizzard and 80MPH sustained winds.

It sucked. It sucked in new and creative ways. It sucked in man killing ways.

Now, your boy Buehler445 can cowboy up and endure some suck. But wifes sister forgot some makeup case or something so we did the buddy system. I carried all the luggage. She carried this little pack of whatever or something. She about didn't make it, she started slowing down and starts going down. I grabbed her up and told her to keep moving. I shifted the luggage to one hand and kept her up and moving with the free hand.

With the wind abusing me, I wasn't sure I could carry her in if it came to it then go back and get the luggage, I might not have made it.

I don't know what the winds were at that time, but it was in the teeth of the storm. On the way out of Colorado Springs, there were a bunch of power poles broken and a pile of cars in the ditch. I think it's Highway 94, but there is NOTHING on that road, but there were a pile of cars in the ditch.

Yeah, blizzard and 100MPH would suck.

Yeah, but did you get to grab any SIL boob while you were "helping" her?
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:23 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yeah whiteouts are the worst. I used to drive through anything and looking back, I got pretty lucky. Anymore, I check the forecast and if I see an emergency travel only, I take a pass and wait until things get better.

I also pack one hell of a "just in case" kit in a big old tote, in the back of the truck. Heavy duty sleeping bag, wool blankets, fire starting stuff, several boxes of energy bars, water, etc. If it's really rank and I decide to go, I even toss in my emergency location beacon, in case I get stranded and there is no cell service. While traveling around for sales over the years, I have seen some things, I can't unsee.
That’s probably better than mine. Mine is pretty much my winter mucks, coveralls heavy coat headwear and gloves. I should probably throw in stuff to stay rather than get somewhere.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:28 PM 12-04-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Buhler-that snowstorm had winds of 90 mph. a record for an inland snowstorm, that was not a hurricane
Huh. I didn’t realize it was record winds. That’s not awesome. It was a bad one though. Credit to the wife for dragging my ass out a day early. My stubborn ass wouldn’t have done it. Freaking in-laws. Get your shit out when we check in!

Originally Posted by stumppy:
Yeah, but did you get to grab any SIL boob while you were "helping" her?
Staying alive was primary plus all the clothes. The covert cop a feel would have been more appropriate in the pool. Which I also did not do. LOL.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:59 PM 12-08-2021
Hey displaced - got any model runs for this coming storm? TIA

https://www.weather.gov/fsd/winter-weather
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:56 PM 12-08-2021

Winter Storm on Friday will bring Heavy Snow just grazing Twin Cities with 2”-4”Snow. Snow on Friday will move into Twin Cities about Noon then end early Saturday morning. Heavier Snow will fall south of Twin Cities with 8”-12”of Wet Snow from Albert Lea to Rochester. @KSTP #snow pic.twitter.com/9ogIpadHt1

— Jonathan Yuhas (@JYuhasKSTP) December 8, 2021

[Reply]
ptlyon 02:00 PM 12-08-2021
Wow that baby really ramps up
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:07 PM 12-08-2021
NWS hasn't posted anything like that for fort dodge
[Reply]
Page 41 of 53
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up