ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 328 of 341
« First < 228278318324325326327328 329330331332338 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
kepp 08:32 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Here's a deal for a sweet looking FDE 9mm model that is red dot optics ready, and includes 5 X 27rd mags, 5 X 15rd mags, and case for $400:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...5-rd-mags.html

Again, don't take my word, check the online reviews...
Wow...great prices
[Reply]
notorious 08:33 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
:-)

Clarification: I can't afford a $1500 hand gun at the moment

That was a close one!
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:47 AM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
If you're looking for a capable budget 9mm with lots of options, don't overlook the PSA dagger. It's almost half the price of the Glock 19 G3 it's cloned from, and it accepts the majority of the same parts. Same mag as the Glock 19. The trigger is about the only part of the gun that gets any criticism. Many other parts are often considered better than the Glock. It comes in about 30 different models and configurations, including all kinds of options for threaded barrel, optics, lightweight receiver, etc. Check out the reviews for it. You can order just the receiver, lower, or any individual parts to build your own. Fun cheap 9mm project platform.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-dagger.html
Yeah, it's good to hear from someone who has shot one.

They had a special on the compact one that was under 300 for the gun 10 magazines and a case once, that I almost did, because hell, it's under 300. I don't need it so I thought better, but goddamn they run some good deals on those.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 10:32 AM 03-24-2023
Purchased a FN TAC3 AR last month. Have taken it out to the range a couple of times and absolutely love it.

https://images.coreware.com/images/p...59-7606410.jpg
[Reply]
Bwana 10:02 AM 04-13-2023
Are you guys seeing any deals on AR's out there. (.223/.556) I'm thinking of picking up a bargain model, that's built half way decent. The old throw on the back of the ATV model, that I don't care if it gets banged up a little model. I know about all the name brands, but I'm a little fuzzy on the off brands, because I haven't been paying attention in class.
[Reply]
kozzman555 10:33 AM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Are you guys seeing any deals on AR's out there. (.223/.556) I'm thinking of picking up a bargain model, that's built half way decent. The old throw on the back of the ATV model, that I don't care if it gets banged up a little model. I know about all the name brands, but I'm a little fuzzy on the off brands, because I haven't been paying attention in class.
You can build your own with better parts and for cheaper generally, than getting some off the shelf gun. Built my own AR15 and AR10 and I definitely recommend it. It'll also help you get really familiar with your weapon.

If you do get some crappy cheap AR15, spend a little bit and get an upgraded trigger. You'll thank me later. Always been a huge fan of Geiselle triggers, like the SSA or SSA-E.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:46 AM 04-13-2023
I haven't been paying attention to pricing for a while, but a few of my go-tos for decent quality ARs are Ruger, Windam Weaponry, and AeroPrecision Firearms. All are solid performers with better than average accuracy at a reasonable price. Ruger also has the best customer service/'warranty' in the business.

Windam was founded by the original owner of Bushmaster, before the quality went down when the new owners bought Bushmaster. Also very good customer service, iirc.

Aeroprecision was actually a military grade aircraft parts manufacturer before they got into firearms parts manufacturing, and have a reputation for high quality builds. I've bought parts from them and was always satisfied with them. But you can buy a completed rifle off their site if you don't want to 'build' one.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 10:56 AM 04-13-2023

Not a bargain but I just purchased (last week) a Colt Socom M4A1 US Govt 5.56 Complete AR15 Lower Receiver and a Bravo Company complete upper with a 20" barrel. I am setting it up for 400 yard target plinking. I don't think I can push it out to 500 yards but will try. I have other AR's with shorter barrels.

I will probably pick up a couple of lowers this month as well. Our state government is fixing to outlaw the sale of scary black guns
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 10:58 AM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Purchased a FN TAC3 AR last month. Have taken it out to the range a couple of times and absolutely love it.

https://images.coreware.com/images/p...59-7606410.jpg
That is a great AR.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:14 AM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Not a bargain but I just purchased (last week) a Colt Socom M4A1 US Govt 5.56 Complete AR15 Lower Receiver and a Bravo Company complete upper with a 20" barrel. I am setting it up for 400 yard target plinking. I don't think I can push it out to 500 yards but will try. I have other AR's with shorter barrels.

I will probably pick up a couple of lowers this month as well. Our state government is fixing to outlaw the sale of scary black guns
Why wouldn't you be able to shoot out to 500 yards?

I have a mostly stock first-gen Ruger SR-556E 18.5-inch barrel (Geissele SSA trigger) that I use to hunt prairie dogs with, and regularly shoot past 500 yards. Longest shot so far on a p-dog was just under 700 yards, but that I admit was mostly luck; I'm not really that good a rifleman. The rifle will shoot that far if a better shooter was behind it, imo. I had to build the correct ammo, but the thing will shoot less than 1/2 MOA. A Colt should do at least as well, given the right ammo, and a decent trigger.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:19 AM 04-13-2023
If you just want a basic reliable decently accurate rifle for about $600, look at S&W's AR-15 Sport.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 11:28 AM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Why wouldn't you be able to shoot out to 500 yards?

I have a mostly stock first-gen Ruger SR-556E 18.5-inch barrel (Geissele SSA trigger) that I use to hunt prairie dogs with, and regularly shoot past 500 yards. Longest shot so far on a p-dog was just under 700 yards, but that I admit was mostly luck; I'm not really that good a rifleman. The rifle will shoot that far if a better shooter was behind it, imo. I had to build the correct ammo, but the thing will shoot less than 1/2 MOA. A Colt should do at least as well, given the right ammo, and a decent trigger.
If I can plink at 700 yards with 556 I will be a happy plinker.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:40 AM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
If I can plink at 700 yards with 556 I will be a happy plinker.
Ammo selection is a huge piece of the puzzle. With Rem white box that gun shoots just under 2 MOA at 200 yards. Proper ammo can cut that in half, or better. The aftermarket trigger just makes it easier to be consistent.
[Reply]
Bwana 12:05 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I haven't been paying attention to pricing for a while, but a few of my go-tos for decent quality ARs are Ruger, Windam Weaponry, and AeroPrecision Firearms. All are solid performers with better than average accuracy at a reasonable price. Ruger also has the best customer service/'warranty' in the business.

Windam was founded by the original owner of Bushmaster, before the quality went down when the new owners bought Bushmaster. Also very good customer service, iirc.

Aeroprecision was actually a military grade aircraft parts manufacturer before they got into firearms parts manufacturing, and have a reputation for high quality builds. I've bought parts from them and was always satisfied with them. But you can buy a completed rifle off their site if you don't want to 'build' one.

Ruger is kind of what I'm hedging toward in this case. I have some really nice AR's, but I don't want to knock the hell out of them going over boulder fields. I figure something like the Ruger, would be the ticket for a disposable, beat around gun.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:12 PM 04-13-2023
Ruger is kind of what I'm hedging toward in this case. I have some really nice AR's, but I don't want to knock the hell out of them going over boulder fields. I figure something like the Ruger, would be the ticket for a disposable, beat around gun.
If you're going to hike around with it, I wouldn't recommend the piston version. Too heavy. But Ruger makes a decent gun, no doubt. And the customer service is the best. Almost never had to use it, but they've always exceeded my expectations.
[Reply]
Page 328 of 341
« First < 228278318324325326327328 329330331332338 > Last »
Up