ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 321 of 341
« First < 221271311317318319320321 322323324325331 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
ghak99 10:37 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
https://onlineguncompany.com/product...acp-5-8rd-sts/

Here's the gun in question, FYI. It's a good looking piece, IMO.

I don't feel so bad knowing you guys have been duped into making similar purchases. I guess humans just really like shiny shit.
I don't know anything about that maker, but have you saw it in person? Just from zooming in, I'm going to guess the fit and finish will be lacking. If I was going to spend $5XX on it, I'd wait and spend $7XX on something like this. You'll notice that $200 difference when you hold it in your hand. There's eleventy billion different 1911s of all quality levels though, so finding something you really like that will go bang shouldn't be an issue.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:01 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I don't know anything about that maker, but have you saw it in person? Just from zooming in, I'm going to guess the fit and finish will be lacking. If I was going to spend $5XX on it, I'd wait and spend $7XX on something like this. You'll notice that $200 difference when you hold it in your hand. There's eleventy billion different 1911s of all quality levels though, so finding something you really like that will go bang shouldn't be an issue.

No, no, I have not even seen it in person. Like I said, I wasn’t going to make any purchases until I’ve fired a few different handguns. I was just curious about the Planet’s opinion on 1911s in general. I was unaware that the level of quality could vary so much. The one you posted is beautiful too.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:06 PM 10-27-2022
https://onlineguncompany.com/product...acp-5-8rd-sts/

Here's the gun in question, FYI. It's a good looking piece, IMO.

I don't feel so bad knowing you guys have been duped into making similar purchases. I guess humans just really like shiny shit.
It's a Turkish 1911 made by Tissa.
You'll be happy with it. If you buy it?

A quick YouTube search and you'll find Hickok 45 out banging away on his range with one.
[Reply]
srvy 01:23 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
It's a Turkish 1911 made by Tissa.
You'll be happy with it. If you buy it?

A quick YouTube search and you'll find Hickok 45 out banging away on his range with one.
Those Turks make pretty fine guns and a quick look around and it gets some pretty good reviews.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:52 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
If you feel this way, why bother? If you're not willing to train and practice, you've basically rendered the gun useless at best and dangerous to yourself and others that you don't plan to shoot at worst. And if you're not willing to pull the trigger when the need arises, all you've got in your hand is a $600 paperweight. At least until it's taken away from you.

We all have the right to own guns, but they're not for everybody. I gave a Glock 19 to my FIL for Christmas a couple of years ago, but it wouldn't surprise me if he keeps it in a box in the attic with his .22. He's never expressed any real interest in shooting it or learning how to properly use it. I probably should have just gotten him a sweater and kept it for myself.

Like I said, better to have and not need than need and not have. "If you want peace, prepare for war". Idk, there's like a million phrases I can throw out there lol

I have shot before and I'm not some pussy ass bitch :-) I would pull the trigger if necessary.

I feel like I may have painted a different picture than what's really going on here.

I am a novice but I'm not an idiot. I'm about to start a family and move into a house so I'm not just going to hope I can ward off a couple assholes with guns who feel like kicking my door in with just a pocket knife.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:59 PM 10-27-2022

This was from my first time ever shooting a handgun actually, back in 2014.

The accuracy and precision in the chest was nice. Idk wtf happened on the throat shot, though lol

EDIT: I can't remember how far off we were but it wasn't super close. I know that it was far enough away that I actually had trouble making out the hits from that distance and I was in my early twenties. I'd guess maybe 15 yards..?
[Reply]
Frazod 02:05 PM 10-27-2022
All I'm saying is you need to train and practice. Just having a gun isn't enough. Understanding safe handling, proper manipulation, proper trigger press, the right way to hold it, how to quickly deal with jams and bad ammo, are all important aspects of gun ownership that can make the difference between life and death.

It's not something anybody should go into half-assed.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:23 PM 10-27-2022

This was from my first time ever shooting a handgun actually, back in 2014.

The accuracy and precision in the chest was nice. Idk wtf happened on the throat shot, though lol

EDIT: I can't remember how far off we were but it wasn't super close. I know that it was far enough away that I actually had trouble making out the hits from that distance and I was in my early twenties. I'd guess maybe 15 yards..?
Probably your fliers are the result of just not being completely familiar with your sights. However, without actually seeing you shoot, it could be one or several of many things.

You'd ideally want to keep your pattern tighter than that, or at least without the fliers. That takes a lot of trigger time.

You might want to consider a laser training system. It'll save you time and money. The link below is a list of the better laser trainers available.

https://www.cchit.org/laser-firearm-training-system/

I'm familiar with the Mantix system. That or the GSight are the ones I'd recommend, but others may be familiar with others they like. i like these systems because they allow you to actually use the same gun you'll be using, not some replica with a different trigger, sights, etc. Also these two allow you to practice at home in your den or whatever, so no need to schedule range time, drive time, whatever. And considering the current cost of ammo, it'll pay for itself after just 300 trigger pulls or so.

And they definitely work. My buddy bought the Mantix system and went from a B-/C+ shooter to a consistent A-/A shooter (acuracy-wise) in just a 6-8 weeks, training just 4 times/week about 20 minutes a day. And his speed from shot to shot decreased by almost half in the same time. So these things not only help improve your accuracy but your target acquisition as well.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:50 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
All I'm saying is you need to train and practice. Just having a gun isn't enough. Understanding safe handling, proper manipulation, proper trigger press, the right way to hold it, how to quickly deal with jams and bad ammo, are all important aspects of gun ownership that can make the difference between life and death.

It's not something anybody should go into half-assed.

Oh, Fraz, my boy, I got you! This is not something I'm gonna go through with on a whim. To make you feel better, I've been considering buying a gun for the last 5 years or so. I searched for it and couldn't find it, but the reason I am set on the Remington 870 was from a discussion here on CP years back.

I absolutely will not make a purchase until/unless I feel comfortable with the weapon.

And if I'm gonna spend $500+ on it, I'm for DAMN SURE gonna be using it periodically lol.... Though I personally don't see myself ever becoming a gun enthusiast, ya never know!
[Reply]
Fish 10:49 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Probably your fliers are the result of just not being completely familiar with your sights. However, without actually seeing you shoot, it could be one or several of many things.

You'd ideally want to keep your pattern tighter than that, or at least without the fliers. That takes a lot of trigger time.

You might want to consider a laser training system. It'll save you time and money. The link below is a list of the better laser trainers available.

https://www.cchit.org/laser-firearm-training-system/

I'm familiar with the Mantix system. That or the GSight are the ones I'd recommend, but others may be familiar with others they like. i like these systems because they allow you to actually use the same gun you'll be using, not some replica with a different trigger, sights, etc. Also these two allow you to practice at home in your den or whatever, so no need to schedule range time, drive time, whatever. And considering the current cost of ammo, it'll pay for itself after just 300 trigger pulls or so.

And they definitely work. My buddy bought the Mantix system and went from a B-/C+ shooter to a consistent A-/A shooter (acuracy-wise) in just a 6-8 weeks, training just 4 times/week about 20 minutes a day. And his speed from shot to shot decreased by almost half in the same time. So these things not only help improve your accuracy but your target acquisition as well.
2nd this. I got a nice GSight laser, and use it frequently. It's dramatically helped with my target acquisition and shot placement. Things like drawing from your holster and quickly shooting. Or drawing your gun and leaning around a hallway corner and quickly acquiring/shooting at your target. Great practice without worry. I use the Mantis app, and it has lots of different modes to mix up shooting technique. Unfortunately you have to buy each mode individually, but it's worth it for the experience.

If your shooting range has a digital system for placing your paper target, they often include practice modes that will take your paper target down range while sideways, and then turn it so you can shoot at variable distances. But it only displays the target for like 1 sec. So, it will take it to 10yds, and you have 1 sec to shoot, then takes it to 15yds, and you have 1 sec to shoot, etc. Also good practice for live fire situations. The laser target systems are great for practice, but you definitely need to get the feel of the recoil and how to re-aquire target from recoil.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:27 PM 10-28-2022
Since deer season is around the corner, I was curious what caliber and what gun they use.

I normally carry a .270 Ruger M77 that my dad gave me that he bought in the 70’s. I just bought myself a Savage 110 High Country in .270 that I am using this year
[Reply]
ghak99 02:31 PM 10-28-2022
Ruger m77 in 6mm rem or Rem 700 in 300 ultramag.
[Reply]
Fish 02:50 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Perineum Ripper:
Since deer season is around the corner, I was curious what caliber and what gun they use.

I normally carry a .270 Ruger M77 that my dad gave me that he bought in the 70’s. I just bought myself a Savage 110 High Country in .270 that I am using this year
Savage 110 .270 is my deer gun as well. Great shooter. I love their Accutriggers.
[Reply]
srvy 03:03 PM 10-28-2022
Remington 700 mountain rifle .30-06 with Redfield Widefield 2X7 scope bought when first introduced by Remington.

Like this one

[Reply]
Nirvana58 03:37 PM 10-28-2022
No, no, I have not even seen it in person. Like I said, I wasn’t going to make any purchases until I’ve fired a few different handguns. I was just curious about the Planet’s opinion on 1911s in general. I was unaware that the level of quality could vary so much. The one you posted is beautiful too.
Nothing wrong with getting a 1911. My carry gun is a Kimber 1911 Micro 9. If you like shooting 45 then 1911 is pretty much the golden standard.

Take a look at the Ruger SR1911. Great bang for the buck.

https://ruger.com/products/sr1911/overview.html
[Reply]
Page 321 of 341
« First < 221271311317318319320321 322323324325331 > Last »
Up