ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 22
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shared fences and eminent domain
007 10:42 PM 05-18-2018
For the record, I'm not looking to reclaim property. Probably should not have even mentioned that my line actually goes 5 feet beyond the fence, just thought it was a funny tidbit. My issue is trying to figure out a way to deal with this that doesn't result in pissing everyone off. I just want my yearly job to be easier.

I'd love to just get rid of the fence to be honest. At least it gives me room to work and I don't have to fight with the fence to cut shit. Would love to just put up a stone fucking wall so none of this shit can grow through it, but that wouldn't solve all the shit coming over the top like it is now.

Shared fences really suck because neighbors never want to deal with them. Our neighbors to the east decided to tear out all their fencing but the one on my yard. Never even came to speak with me if I'd be willing to split the cost. I would have been thrilled to get that fence torn out and upgraded. I can't afford to do the entire thing myself. for the life of me I don't know why they did everything but the fence on our side of his home.

I'll have to post a picture of how run down that fence is becoming because of his dogs constantly clawing at it.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:47 PM 05-18-2018
If the property line is wrong then that is your fence
[Reply]
007 10:50 PM 05-18-2018
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
If the property line is wrong then that is your fence
By all technical standards, all three fences are mine because the post is on my side.
[Reply]
tooge 11:13 PM 05-18-2018
roundup all the shit you can. Plant some nice bushy pines. In a few years you won’t see the neighbors or the shit growing on their side
[Reply]
007 11:18 PM 05-18-2018
Originally Posted by tooge:
roundup all the shit you can. Plant some nice bushy pines. In a few years you won’t see the neighbors or the shit growing on their side
Hell, I would just build another fence right next to the existing one if there was a way to keep all that growth from coming through it. Fucking vines are the worst.
[Reply]
tooge 11:17 PM 05-18-2018
I share a fence with a D bag neighbor. It’s on acreage though. He got cows and showed up at my door and told me I had a week to clean up the limbs laying on our shared fence. It’s in his pasture but my woods. I told him to fuck off. That was three years ago. With a shared fence, at least on rural acreage, if you want it maintained it’s up to you
[Reply]
tooge 11:21 PM 05-18-2018
If it’s still your property, why not just roundup everything on both sides of the fence?
[Reply]
007 11:23 PM 05-18-2018
If it’s still your property, why not just roundup everything on both sides of the fence?
too much legal BS to wade through to do that.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:35 PM 05-19-2018
A friends neighbor sprayed roundup on his side of a fence of ivy and he sued to have all the vegetation it killed on my friends side of the property. all said and done they settled for $2K.

You can trim or remove it but you can't kill it, yet if it dies from being pruned or cut back, so be it.
[Reply]
tooge 11:28 PM 05-18-2018
Ok, then like I said, nuke your side and plant a bunch of pines or bald cypress trees along the fence and you’ll never see his shit
[Reply]
tooge 11:28 PM 05-18-2018
Is his wife hot?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:57 AM 05-19-2018
if it is an incorporated area, there should be metal markers in the yard that mark the property.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:31 AM 05-19-2018
good fences make good neighbors.
My neighbor has 3 trailers. We have no trees and new houses. Looks very redneck.
[Reply]
threebag 09:26 AM 05-19-2018
Move the fence
punch him in the cock sucker
fuck the wife and daughter

No particular order
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:40 PM 05-19-2018
Contact your mortgage company and title ins. Co and get the site survey that was done to get title insurance. Review it, find the stakes (paint them clearly and then file a claim with them. I did that and Home Savings (MO) bought the land in question from my neighbor and covered all costs.

I would say that a letter from your title insurance co to theirs will have them knocking on your door with little delay and in a amicable manner wanting to resolve the problem.

You will get nowhere with a claim for maintaining a property other than your own in court but if you like legal receipts, go for it.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 22
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up