ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 21
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Loss is on Veach
wbbonneriii 06:39 PM 12-04-2022
He had every opportunity to upgrade both lines during the offseason and trade deadline and didn’t add anything that makes a real difference. Could have had Suh and others but nope…
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:22 AM 12-05-2022
The Chiefs needed to run the Bengals offense yesterday. Strong running game with a nice, efficient short passing game. Burrow was getting the ball out quick on short passes. They carved up KC's zone defense and Burrow was accurate as hell when they went to man.

Maybe the stats will show I'm completely wrong, but the Chiefs offensive plays always seem to take a long time to unfold. All year I've been waiting to see Mahomes take 5 steps back and release it on a slant. No Thuney and two tackles struggling, get the ball out fast.

I also know, it is who he is, but Reid's inability to stick to the run game is frustrating. In a situation, where they would be fine to pound the ball with Pacheco, what do we see? Mahomes in motion to the WR spot and a direct snap to McKinnon.
[Reply]
oldman 09:23 AM 12-05-2022
Considering the amount of money we had available to sign FAs, we couldn't do a whole lot in FA. We received valuable draft picks in the Hill trade and put them to good use. Eight out of 10 picks are playing every week. Brown Jr. has proved he's not worth the big money he wants. This isn't fantasy football where you can have all All-Pros. Wylie got his shit pushed around like a Tonka toy all day. Replace him with a REAL RT and see if that doesn't help.
Blaming Veach for this loss is foolish.
[Reply]
O.city 09:24 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
The Chiefs needed to run the Bengals offense yesterday. Strong running game with a nice, efficient short passing game. Burrow was getting the ball out quick on short passes. They carved up KC's zone defense and Burrow was accurate as hell when they went to man.

Maybe the stats will show I'm completely wrong, but the Chiefs offensive plays always seem to take a long time to unfold. All year I've been waiting to see Mahomes take 5 steps back and release it on a slant. No Thuney and two tackles struggling, get the ball out fast.

I also know, it is who he is, but Reid's inability to stick to the run game is frustrating. In a situation, where they would be fine to pound the ball with Pacheco, what do we see? Mahomes in motion to the WR spot and a direct snap to McKinnon.
What would you say the Chiefs run pass stat was yesterday?

I mean.....am I taking crazy pills.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:29 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
Considering the amount of money we had available to sign FAs, we couldn't do a whole lot in FA. We received valuable draft picks in the Hill trade and put them to good use. Eight out of 10 picks are playing every week. Brown Jr. has proved he's not worth the big money he wants. This isn't fantasy football where you can have all All-Pros. Wylie got his shit pushed around like a Tonka toy all day. Replace him with a REAL RT and see if that doesn't help.
Blaming Veach for this loss is foolish.
We have to remember that we didn’t know about tyreek until the 25th hour. When all WR options were gone. We planned to have a WR1 this year. In a lot of ways this is a rebuild year and I’d be fine with that. And I suspect if we had that WR1 we’d be paying way less attention to our supposed warts everywhere.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:41 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Nah, Chiefs were going for the jugular. That fumble by Kelce was 14 points in favor of the push off kitties.
This. We win the game yesterday if Kelce doesn't fumble. It was a game-changer. The GOAT has won so many games for us, if him costing us one once every blue moon comes with the territory then so be it.

Get up, dust ourselves off, get Toney, Brandon Williams, and Gordon worked in, win the next 5, and we're the #1 seed heading into the playoffs. We're still winning the SB this season.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:58 AM 12-05-2022
What we’re seeing is a team with a big QB contract and low draft picks trying to fill the hardest positions to find.

LT is incredibly difficult to find. Look at FA history. And so is pass rusher. You usually find those guys with high draft picks, which we don’t have
[Reply]
New World Order 10:02 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
This can’t be serious.

I mean apart from multiple corners, LBs, RB, C, and a WR and DE who look like to be solid with upside… for a team in the back half of the draft.

Pretty sure over 75% of our picks the last 5 years are still on a roster that is really deep. And most of them are playing a lot of snaps.

But god forbid a team in the bottom 5 in draft order each round doesn’t draft a jamar chase every year.
Mahomes, Reid and Kelce are covering up a lot of our worts on the offensive line and defense.

Look at what we did with our top picks/trades with picks from 18-21 under Veach:

Speaks
Thornhill
Hardman
Clyde
Orlando Brown

That is a pretty dismal return and it’s hurting us right now
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:09 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
What we’re seeing is a team with a big QB contract and low draft picks trying to fill the hardest positions to find.

LT is incredibly difficult to find. Look at FA history. And so is pass rusher. You usually find those guys with high draft picks, which we don’t have
So basically we’re fucked for the foreseeable future?
[Reply]
O.city 10:13 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
So basically we’re ****ed for the foreseeable future?
Yes, fucked into having the best offense in the league and a chance at the 1 seed.

I swear to god.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:13 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

LT is incredibly difficult to find. Look at FA history. And so is pass rusher. You usually find those guys with high draft picks, which we don’t have.
I mentioned recently that it’s almost impossible to stop good pass rushers and it takes a HOF LT like Orlando Pace or Willie Roaf to do it but like you said it’s a hard position to find.
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 AM 12-05-2022
I mean, yeah, it's hard to get a dominant LT and a dominant pass rusher in the late rounds.

It's why they offered Trent Williams the moon.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:18 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yes, fucked into having the best offense in the league and a chance at the 1 seed.

I swear to god.
You're quoting the most miserable fuck on CP.

He only posts when things are down because he feeds off of negativity.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:21 AM 12-05-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yes, ****ed into having the best offense in the league and a chance at the 1 seed.

I swear to god.
No, fucked by it being apparently impossible to find a quality LT or DE in the draft since those are taken high in the first round, rendering us unable to find one.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:29 AM 12-05-2022
I think we would have signed Zdarius Smith if we knew we weren’t paying Tyreek. That was just bad timing and would’ve helped us immensely.

But we just haven’t hit on a tackle, right or left in 5 years. That hurts.
[Reply]
JPH83 10:29 AM 12-05-2022
Veach's approach to DL has been...odd. He publicly identified it as a weakness but then there's not been a huge change. If I remember some people suggested it was all smoke and mirrors ahead of the draft and the REAL strategy was to gut and rebuild the secondary, which seemed like over-thinking it to me.

It was a straight answer I reckon, he obviously thought it was a priority, which begs the question, what happened? I don't think there's anything wrong with Plan A becoming Plan B or C, as you can't control for everything. Players want more money then you can offer, draft guys you want go to another team. What I can't work out though is what Plan A was.

If there's a defence of Veach's approach to the DL it's that there was a lot of churn all the way through the defence with Breeland, Ward, and Matthieu going so we needed CBs and a safety as well as a DL and WR room overhaul. Some players like Thornhill and Nnadi have just regressed horribly, that's not on him. But not all the FA moves have worked great and if they had maybe it looks different, particularly looking at Reid.

But yeah, the DL has been terrible for 2 years. It's obviously not easy juggling it all but he hasn't fixed this, at all.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 21
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up