View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 246 of 343
« First < 146196236242243244245246 247248249250256296 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:16 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Both Jones snd Sneed are under contract in 2023, so OBJ can be the focal point.

With agents knowing the cap will likely explode in 2024, they will likely be hesitant to agree to a deal tge year before their client is scheduled to hit the biggest FA period in history. Especially Jones, unless he gets an offer topping Donald’s…which he absolutely should. He’s a game wrecking fucking unicorn that breathes fire and puts fear in the eyes of opposing QBs.

I can see Sneed agreeing to a reasonable extension because his pockets are light and KC loves him…but it’s not a pressing issue and KC owns that leverage.

OBJ isn’t under contract next year snd absolutely won’t play a single down under the tag.

That makes his deal by far most important.

I’ve listened to Orlando and the dude WANTS a long term deal to stay in KC. I don’t think it’s going to be a negotiation that ends with him leaving KC. That just wouldn’t make sense.

10/250
Chris Jones wants to be here. He's earned a big payday.

That's not a guy you let play on the last year of his deal, IMO. That can only go wrong. And he's gonna be the biggest number to attempt to build around. You HAVE to know what it's going to take to keep him here before you know how much you're willing to spend elsewhere.

He's easily my top priority.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:21 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Veach offered him a deal that was in no way “team friendly”. His average was going to be $23.1 million which is the highest at the position. His signing bonus was gonna be slightly more than Trent Williams.

The deal was set up to pay him $95 million in the first 3 years. What are you taking about? :-)
:-):-):-):-):-) wow, where the fuck did you pull those numbers from?!?

No deal between Chiefs and Orlando Brown will get done today, but KC was aggressive.

Its final offer was a six-year, $139 million deal ($23.16M avg) that included a $30.25 million signing bonus and $95 million in first five years.

Both sides hope for new deal after this season.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 15, 2022

It was essentially a 5/95 and other sources said only the first 2 years were guaranteed.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:25 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think you're infinitely more likely to see Brown pursue a 3 year deal than a 10 year deal.

He's just a different cat. He seems completely unafraid of FA and more than happy to look to maximize his value at every turn. A 10 year deal doesn't jibe with any of that.

And frankly, that sort of deal would be awfully difficult for the Chiefs to manage. A 3 year deal is going to offer very little cap flexibility but I suspect that will be his plan.
Most likely they will settle on a deal that looks like …

6/154 with a ton of guarantees and incentives…but I think Veach will try to get him signed for as long as he can at this point and thinks outside the box.

Orlando has shown every indicator of being a good long term investment for Brett and Brett was willing to fork over 6/139 iirc last offseason and Orlando is a better player ANDfit for the team now, long term.
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) We already know that Veach brought in Brown with the expectations he'd sign a team friendly contract and that they were not so subtle in displaying their unhappiness that Brown and his agent weren't willing to meet their terms. Now you expect him to pivot off that and give him a market resetting deal after he's performed worse comparatively to 2021? Lolololol
no.

Chris Jones wants to be here. He's earned a big payday.

That's not a guy you let play on the last year of his deal, IMO. That can only go wrong. And he's gonna be the biggest number to attempt to build around. You HAVE to know what it's going to take to keep him here before you know how much you're willing to spend elsewhere.

He's easily my top priority.
I’m not saying they push everything else to the back burner, just that Orlando is going to be his focus while also trying to get deals done with a few others.

This will be the offseason I think Brett tries to lock up his core for the next 5 years. Chris Jones isn’t going anywhere.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:25 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Veach offered him a deal that was in no way “team friendly”. His average was going to be $23.1 million which is the highest at the position. His signing bonus was gonna be slightly more than Trent Williams.

The deal was set up to pay him $95 million in the first 3 years. What are you taking about? :-)
Whaaaaaaa?

This was...not what was offered.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:31 AM 11-30-2022
“There was frustration and there was disappointment,” Chadiha said, via The Kansas City Star. “They really like Orlando Brown Jr., they love having him be a part of this team, but the money he was asking for was too high for them. They feel like they don’t want to not have stability at left tackle here, but they also don’t want to pay top-of-the-market money for a player that they don’t think is the best player at his position in the NFL.”

:-) nothing has changed since then, unless we're really going to sit here and beat our dicks over a game where we played as vanilla as possible against one of the most stagnant rosters in the NFL.
[Reply]
scho63 11:32 AM 11-30-2022
He is down to $10-12 mil a year.

Just like a car, he has depreciated since we drove him off the lot.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:36 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:

You are certifiably fucking retarded.
[Reply]
scho63 11:39 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You are certifiably fucking reeruned.
Go fuck yourself asshole. You're just like Douche McCloud. Maybe you're his mongoloid son.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:43 AM 11-30-2022
Go fuck yourself asshole. You're just like Douche McCloud. Maybe you're his mongoloid son.
You should stick to your opinions on teachers fucking students and Jessica Simpson because your football knowledge is nonexistent.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:48 AM 11-30-2022
Whaaaaaaa?

This was...not what was offered.
According to Adam Schefter it was..

Originally Posted by :
The latest comes from ESPN’s Adam Schefter, who reports that the Chiefs made an aggressive push to get Brown Jr. signed to a long-term deal. Schefter says the final offer from K.C. was a six-year deal worth $139 million with an average salary of $23.16 million per year and a $30.25 million signing bonus. The contract would pay $95 million in the first five years.
Sure it’s a 3 year deal dressed up as a 6 year deal, but that’s pretty much every contract. The 49ers can get out of Trent Williams contract the same way. The last 3 years were designed that way just like Orlando’s.

But this was definitely not a team friendly offer.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:48 AM 11-30-2022
Pissing contests aside, setting Brown's worth at $10-12M is absolutely absurd dude. It's not a good take at all.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:40 PM 11-30-2022

Yeah, just no. That's the price tag for a mediocre starting G. A mediocre starting LT is going to start at $18M/year, which is what Cam Robinson got in the past offseason.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:04 PM 11-30-2022

Andy gave more than that (4/51m) to Jason Peters.

In 2009.

When the salary cap was 123m
[Reply]
kccrow 01:05 PM 11-30-2022
You're absolutely maxing the deal at 6 years. If he plays it out he's 32 years old. 10 years and the injuries in this league is a no go unless the deal is full of roster bonuses like Mahomes. I don't see OBj taking that type of deal, he wants guaranteed cash.

$10-12 million is also not in the realm of reasonable. The guy is still worth about $20m/ to me but going out to $25 is not where I'd value him.

Paying the guy isn't the end of all things but it'd serve the Chiefs well to get much better and more athletic at RT in the draft if they do it. Giving Mahomes an escape route when Brown does struggle with speed would be a good thing.

And as for the comment on Mahomes taking deep drops... this offense has been taking deep drops since Reid got here. You didn't notice the issues when Fisher was at LT because he didn't give up to speed, he gave up more to power.

At the end of the day, I'd put it at 90% that the Chiefs do re-sign the kid regardless of my personal feelings on whether or not it should happen.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:08 PM 11-30-2022
My understanding was that the sticking point with Brown and his neophyte agent were the voidable years/un-guaranteed money that nearly all NFL deals contain.

He wanted every year and every dime guaranteed, so yeah, top paid LT with every minute and dime guaranteed.

He's been playing better, but I don't think he's the best LT in the game. I don't know that I've seen anything at all that would indicate he'll be more realistic this time around.

We'll see, I guess.
[Reply]
Page 246 of 343
« First < 146196236242243244245246 247248249250256296 > Last »
Up