ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kyle Long may miss training camp with leg injury
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:30 AM 06-10-2021
Better now than mid season i guess. Ah well.
[Reply]
-King- 07:31 AM 06-10-2021
No way?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:38 AM 06-10-2021
Just plug Trey Smith in and don't worry about the position for the next 15 years.

Long can be a reserve if/when he comes back. Counting on him to be a starter is obviously a stretch and the last thing I want is guys cycling in and out of the lineup again. Just put the young mauler in there and don't look back.

And I swear to God, if I read reports that Wylie is taking the first team snaps at that spot now I will flip out.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:08 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Just plug Trey Smith in and don't worry about the position for the next 15 years.

Long can be a reserve if/when he comes back. Counting on him to be a starter is obviously a stretch and the last thing I want is guys cycling in and out of the lineup again. Just put the young mauler in there and don't look back.

And I swear to God, if I read reports that Wylie is taking the first team snaps at that spot now I will flip out.
while I have high hopes for Smith I'd rather not have the entire right side of the line from Center over be all rookies.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:04 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
while I have high hopes for Smith I'd rather not have the entire right side of the line from Center over be all rookies.
We run shotgun 77% of the time. Mahomes blind side should be no problem with Brown and Thuney protecting it. He would have the whole right side right in his vision the whole time. If something goes wrong once in a while, Mahomes is a magician at improvising. Shouldn't be a huge issue I wouldn't think.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:52 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
We run shotgun 77% of the time. Mahomes blind side should be no problem with Brown and Thuney protecting it. He would have the whole right side right in his vision the whole time. If something goes wrong once in a while, Mahomes is a magician at improvising. Shouldn't be a huge issue I wouldn't think.
Relying on Mahomes to be magic is how we ended up getting our ass kicked in the Super Bowl.

He IS magic, but that should not be your gameplan.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:45 AM 06-10-2021
Too bad he's not on the Texans, they're done with their pre-season preparation, just waiting on the opener at this point.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:39 AM 06-10-2021
Literally posted 4 days ago that Smith would win the starting RG spot if/when Long is injured.

Guy is done.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:44 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Literally posted 4 days ago that Smith would win the starting RG spot if/when Long is injured.

Guy is done.
Just have to hope Andy's obsession with Andrew Wylie doesn't stand in the way of that scenario being allowed to happen.
[Reply]
scho63 08:08 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Just have to hope Andy's obsession with Andrew Wylie doesn't stand in the way of that scenario being allowed to happen.
Wylie is yesterday's news. :-)
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:33 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Wylie is yesterday's news. :-)
Yeah, I've thought that for the last two seasons.

Then the next thing you know he's starting at RT in the Super Bowl. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 07:45 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:

Guy is done.
I just don’t see Andy doing that to start the year and I really want it to happen. That would be 2 rookies starting right next to each other, maybe 3 if Niang wins the RT job.

I think they’ll start Blythe or LDT this year
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:44 AM 06-10-2021
This is why we have depth. Plug LDT in as your starting RG.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:42 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I’d rather just coach the shit outta Niang and Smith, and let that right side learn on the fly
[Reply]
srvy 10:36 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Turdsnif needs to be replaced. I was hoping Long could hold it down till the youngun was ready.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up