ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 53
« First < 333940414243 44454647 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
displacedinMN 09:59 AM 05-01-2022
This week, I am going to start my war on yard fungus. I have purchased fungicide. But thinking hitting the yard about every three weeks and watering less this year. If the fungus takes over, my yard is done. Then I will have to replace the grass and the fungus is still in the soil.

Anyone every had this and done this?

[Reply]
lewdog 09:17 AM 05-16-2022
Got myself an early Father's Day present this weekend. More plumeria for the pool area! I plunge them in their pot first to see if they acclimate to that spot for their first Phoenix summer. If they do well, I plant them directly in the ground in that spot in late summer. If they do poorly in that spot, it's as simple as digging up the pot and moving the plumeria to a more shaded location. This was raised locally, so I am hoping it's acclimated to the Phoenix heat as this is full sun ALL DAY by the pool!

I had quite the helper this morning too.

[Reply]
allen_kcCard 09:59 AM 05-16-2022
That yellow torso squatty thing looks like it will be growing like a weed as well.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:08 AM 05-16-2022
Lew - should I cut the yellow flowers off my palm trees?

I don't mind the look but would rather they not end up in the pool if they're just going to fall off on their own.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:15 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
That yellow torso squatty thing looks like it will be growing like a weed as well.
No kidding. Dude is currently on a bulking phase. Ate about 10 mini corn dogs yesterday!

Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Lew - should I cut the yellow flowers off my palm trees?

I don't mind the look but would rather they not end up in the pool if they're just going to fall off on their own.
Yeah, just cut them off. They do nothing and are just messy.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:11 PM 05-16-2022
Update on porch and deck. Hopefully done early next week

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:28 PM 05-20-2022
all done

[Reply]
srvy 01:45 PM 05-21-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
all done

Damn that is sweet:-)

Did you put in a rifle port on the side of the bad neighbor?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:23 PM 05-21-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Damn that is sweet:-)

Did you put in a rifle port on the side of the bad neighbor?
Not yet, but we can step on the roof from our bedroom. So who knows.

They really did a fantastic job. Over the summer, I will paint the screen trim and seal everything up. Then make lattice doors and cover up some of the open space below the deck. Decided to put my riding lawn mower under there for the summer so I do not have to pull a car out to get the mower out of the garage. I did chain it up.

We have easier access to the fire pit also, so that is good.

Anyone ever have their yard trenched? I want to bury the downspout water from two spouts and then do a popup at the edge of the property. (by the shed) that way less water on the ground and I can use the pit more.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:28 PM 05-21-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:

You christen that room yet?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:15 PM 05-21-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
You christen that room yet?
Ha. No. Not for lack of trying. I want to when the neighbors are at their firepit.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:31 PM 05-20-2022
Looks good man
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05-20-2022, 02:33 PM
This message has been deleted by displacedinMN.
displacedinMN 08:40 PM 05-28-2022
No mow may-the city next to mine did it. Some of the grass is 2 feet tall. The amount of stress that people will do to their grass when they mow it at 2 inches-may just kill their grass.

Go pollinators. (which dont live in the grass)
[Reply]
lewdog 07:53 PM 05-30-2022
Finally found a good hose guy for gardening. Only gets the plants occasionally but dang if he can't clean the pool deck!

[Reply]
Page 43 of 53
« First < 333940414243 44454647 > Last »
Up