Nzoner's Game Room>BURROWHEAD: Bengals talking a lot of sh1ttttt
NIUhuskies 08:39 AM 01-24-2023
I love that are doing this. Probably not smart to poke the bear
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DRM08 01:35 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
"The [Super Bowl] window is my whole career." - Joe Burrow

No way Patrick would say anything like that and arrogantly make it all about him.
If he’s actually serious about that, he should sign a much cheaper contract than other QB’s. I’m talking $20M per year at most. We’ll see what he does, but I am guessing the contract will be $50M per year or more based on recent contracts for Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, & Deshaun Watson.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:36 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
If he’s actually serious about that, he should sign a much cheaper contract than other QB’s. I’m talking $20M per year at most. We’ll see what he does, but I am guessing the contract will be $50M per year or more based on recent contracts for Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, & Deshaun Watson.
Joe Burrow is going to be the highest-paid QB in the league for a brief period after he signs his new contract. Bank on it.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:36 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Joe Burrow is going to be the highest-paid QB in the league for a brief period after he signs his new contract. Bank on it.
Then he'll be unhappy when he no longer has an all star cast around him.
[Reply]
NIUhuskies 01:36 PM 01-24-2023

.@getnickwright has updated his Top 3 QBs in the league and you won’t believe who’s #3 😅 pic.twitter.com/vUTyu8duEb

— First Things First (@FTFonFS1) January 23, 2023

[Reply]
ChiTown 01:37 PM 01-24-2023
Can you provide any evidence that this was in the context of a discussion about his potentially moving on after his rookie contract?

The dude was asked about whether the team was in its championship window headed into the postseason - not about his career plans with the Bengals - and he basically said that coaches and players will turn over but the Super Bowl window is his entire career. He literally made it all about him.
yEs!!!!!! bUt Do yOu HaVe AnY eViDeNce!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:38 PM 01-24-2023
I actually like Burrow and his cockiness is amusing, he is a little smug.

What I don't like is how Burrow's cockiness is just so aaaawesssomee to media etc...but Mahomes catches 10x the shit Burrow does from fans and media while being 10x more humble.

Mahomes hasn't beaten the Burrow led Bungles YET, but it will happen. And Mahomes HAS done a mega shit ton more than Burrow has at this point in their careers, put the respect on Mahomes name the man deserves.
[Reply]
Bengal_Guy 01:39 PM 01-24-2023
Can you provide any evidence that this was in the context of a discussion about his potentially moving on after his rookie contract?

The dude was asked about whether the team was in its championship window headed into the postseason - not about his career plans with the Bengals - and he basically said that coaches and players will turn over but the Super Bowl window is his entire career. He literally made it all about him.
We will agree to disagree but regardless of how Chief's fans perceive Burrow, he is here to stay. Hope Mahomes is healthy and ready for try #4.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:39 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I actually like Burrow and his cockiness is amusing, he is a little smug.

What I don't like is how Burrow's cockiness is just so aaaawesssomee to media etc...but Mahomes catches 10x the shit Burrow does from fans and media while being 10x more humble.

Mahomes hasn't beaten the Burrow led Bungles YET, but it will happen. And Mahomes HAS done a mega shit ton more than Burrow has at this point in their careers, put the respect on Mahomes name the man deserves.
I'm not sure there's ever been a player more lucky than Joe Burrow, wins a national title in college on a team full of high end NFL players...goes to the NFL and is surrounded by a cast of elite talent...

I'd like to see Burrow do it without the best of the best around him.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 01:41 PM 01-24-2023
Why are the Chiefs even bother to play this week?

Bengals are getting toasted as the better team and will move on to SB. ESPN can't help themselves with the Bengals love

NFL live also
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:42 PM 01-24-2023
I get it that Bengals fans want to defend Joe Burrow. If he were on our side, we'd worship the ground he walks on.

But don't for a second compare him to Mahomes in terms of humility. Mahomes exudes class at every opportunity while being a 'competitive prick' and absolute assassin on the field. Burrow on the other hand is spending time trolling fans of the opposing team and talking about how the team's SB aspirations run through him.

I know which one I'd rather have.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:43 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by Bengal_Guy:
We will agree to disagree but regardless of how Chief's fans perceive Burrow, he is here to stay. Hope Mahomes is healthy and ready for try #4.
Nice tap out.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:44 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
Why are the Chiefs even bother to play this week?

Bengals are getting toasted as the better team and will move on to SB. ESPN can't help themselves with the Bengals love

NFL live also
Embrace it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:45 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Embrace it.
Yep. Gonna make it all the sweeter when Hopalong Mahomes beats them on Sunday.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:46 PM 01-24-2023
Like I said before the last home underdog in the conference championship was Philly in 17 against Minnesota...Philly won 38-7...the Chiefs aren't normally in this role and this should be good.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:47 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. Gonna make it all the sweeter when Hopalong Mahomes beats them on Sunday.
I still have my doubts he can pull it off, but if it's going to happen, the rest of the team playing with an edge is going to play a big role.

That's how you win games like this.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 253
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up