ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 167
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 01:29 PM 05-03-2021
If Herbert is real. Why would he want in this division in his waning years? Manning went to Denver with rumors of buying into the franchise. He's still hanging around.
[Reply]
Cheater5 05-03-2021, 01:29 PM
This message has been deleted by Cheater5. Reason: Stupid joke
Mile High Mania 01:30 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
And really Denver is going to be in some money trouble soon anyway if they get Rodgers.

Chubb needs paid, Sutton needs paid. You just paid Simmons and Glasgow a lot of money.

They don’t have money for gaurantees like we do
C'mon... the cap is easy to circumvent.
[Reply]
KCTitus 01:40 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
C'mon... the cap is easy to circumvent.
I see what you did there.. :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:05 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
I see what you did there.. :-)
Well and to be honest, the idea of Rodgers playing in Denver has a 0% chance of happening in my opinion. Money aside, I just don't think the price is something they would or should pay. I read rumors of R1 picks and players. I'm just not a fan of that quite honestly, they need to plan for the next 15 years at that position, not just the next 3.

Rodgers may very well be exactly what they need now and maybe it could work out... whatever happens, happens. I'm just not giving it much of a chance to happen.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:23 PM 05-03-2021

From NFL Now: Summing up the #Packers situation with QB Aaron Rodgers, who also wanted more input in personnel decisions... and how the Jake Kumerow release (!!) played into it. pic.twitter.com/EOGG9aQg3R

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) May 3, 2021

Rodgers praised a WR and the Packers cut him 24 hours later.
[Reply]
Mennonite 02:31 PM 05-03-2021
Just seeing a pic of that big eared freak from the NFL Network makes me want to puke. For christ's sake get that shit fixed, mutie.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:33 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Should've taken the 49ers offer. Now any trade pales unless it's 3 firsts + players
I can't see the Packers taking less than that...
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:38 PM 05-03-2021
It's so cute seeing Donks fans get their hopes up over this.

It doesn't matter what they try and do. Mahomes and the Chiefs OWN Denver and will for the next decade +.
[Reply]
jettio 02:50 PM 05-03-2021
Rodgers should have made a play to get a TD or gain some yards when the Packers had 1st and goal against the Bucs and were down 31-23.

On 3rd down he broke free from the pocket and could have ran for a TD or at least to inside the 2 yard line, and instead of running he throws some weak-ass pass like he was afraid of getting tackled if he ran the ball. That whole play by Rodgers was about lack of physical courage in a situation where the reward was worth the risk.

For a guy who thought he was a lock for the Super Bowl because his team had a 1st round bye and homefield advantage, Rodgers is getting a pass from all the talking heads on TV.

Rodgers should have a little more humility considering that he was the main one who did not come through when the Packers lost the NFC championship.

The talking heads on TV are all kissing Rodgers's ass about this news story, I bet the talk radio in Wisconsin has a few fans pointing out how Rodgers was the one who did not come through in the NFC championship last year.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:02 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
It's so cute seeing Donks fans get their hopes up over this.

It doesn't matter what they try and do. Mahomes and the Chiefs OWN Denver and will for the next decade +.
I'm sure that many are.. I'm not one of them.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 03:03 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Rodgers should have made a play to get a TD or gain some yards when the Packers had 1st and goal against the Bucs and were down 31-23.

On 3rd down he broke free from the pocket and could have ran for a TD or at least to inside the 2 yard line, and instead of running he throws some weak-ass pass like he was afraid of getting tackled if he ran the ball. That whole play by Rodgers was about lack of physical courage in a situation where the reward was worth the risk.

For a guy who thought he was a lock for the Super Bowl because his team had a 1st round bye and homefield advantage, Rodgers is getting a pass from all the talking heads on TV.

Rodgers should have a little more humility considering that he was the main one who did not come through when the Packers lost the NFC championship.

The talking heads on TV are all kissing Rodgers's ass about this news story, I bet the talk radio in Wisconsin has a few fans pointing out how Rodgers was the one who did not come through in the NFC championship last year.
You are spot on, and Rodgers was bailed out by the fact his coach wimped out on 4th down and that's all anyone wanted to talk about. He had a clear path to the goal line on that 3rd down and simply was too scared of getting hit to take it. In fact, he rarely ever tries to run anymore. He will almost always just throw the ball away.

The fact of the matter is that, aside from a few lucky Hail Mary passes from a few years back, Rodgers has simply never been very clutch. His passion for the game has clearly slipped tremendously the past few years as well. In addition to what you mentioned, people also forgot pretty quickly about an occasion in the 2020 NFC title game where he basically didn't even attempt to recover a fumbled snap. He just backed off and basically started walking off the field before the play was even over. It was pathetic, and nobody ever even mentioned it.

The guy isn't a leader and really never has been. When people compare his talent to Mahomes, the biggest thing they're missing is the fact that Rodgers has never had the "it" factor that Mahomes has gushing out of every pore in his body.

I welcome him getting traded to Denver. Will be fun to watch Patrick beat him twice a year.
[Reply]
TEX 03:16 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I'm sure that many are.. I'm not one of them.
Oh, but you are... You just don't want to seem like you are. :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:25 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Oh, but you are... You just don't want to seem like you are. :-)
Not really, hell I was very nervous about the Manning signing... I feared him getting hit and then that's the last image, him being paralyzed in a Denver uniform. (I realize that was the consensus dream around here though) But, that was just a FA signing, not giving up picks.

At the end of the day, yeah I would love a QB of that pedigree. I'm just not going to start believing that every top QB can play into their early 40s now just because Brees and Brady have done it. Elway retired at 38 and Manning at 39...

I just think it would be a bit foolish to think they could trade away 3 R1 picks and two good players and then compete for and win a SB in the next 3 years... because that's the only reason you do it. Rodgers will be 38 in December. There only 2 QBs older than him right now, Brady and Big Ben. Yes, he won the MVP last year... but, I don't believe I would pull that trigger for the price being floated out there.

Edit --- By the way, on this day in 1999... Elway retired. (sniffles/snort)
[Reply]
notorious 03:33 PM 05-03-2021
Damn, just lurked in the Mane for the first time in years and most are acting like this is a done deal and KC’s reign is over.

Goodness sakes, for getting their shit pushed in for a LONG time they are overly confident.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 03:33 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:

Rodgers is the most apologized for star quarterback in history.

ONE Super Bowl appearance.

Crazy.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 167
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up