ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 46
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Trey Smith Thread*****
htismaqe 11:30 AM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The best thing that can happen is the rest of the OL plays great to start the year, which gives Reid the confidence to start Smith and/or Niang whenever they’re ready if they aren’t already.
Yep.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:12 PM 06-16-2021
Looked at the pictures from practice on the Chiefs website - Smith was running as the starter at RG. LDT 2nd team.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:13 PM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Looked at the pictures from practice on the Chiefs website - Smith was running as the starter at RG. LDT 2nd team.
Yea, I found that interesting. It seems like it’s his job if he can take it.
[Reply]
scho63 10:59 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
You gonna be changing your AVI since the he sleeps with the fishes? :-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:48 AM 06-17-2021
But but but Justin Blythe!
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:22 AM 06-17-2021
Probably just trying to push LDT, im sure hes no where near football shape just yet.
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:49 AM 06-17-2021
Let's hope Smith just outright wins the job.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:52 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Let's hope Smith just outright wins the job.
If Humphrey and Niang are your starters at OC and RT respectively, then it might be desirable to have a vet in there, provided there's not a huge drop-off in physical play.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:00 AM 06-17-2021
So what happens if Smith is clearly the best RG. I mean between Humphry, Niang and Smith too. Smith is the guy who needs to be on the field.

Now let's also say Niang is the clear winner over Remmers at RT.

You holding Humphry out and starting Blythe just so we don't have 3 1st year players in a row?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:03 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
So what happens if Smith is clearly the best RG. I mean between Humphry, Niang and Smith too. Smith is the guy who needs to be on the field.

Now let's also say Niang is the clear winner over Remmers at RT.

You holding Humphry out and starting Blythe just so we don't have 3 1st year players in a row?
You're not hold anybody back just to put a vet on the field.

If your best UNIT is created by putting those 3 guys on the field (Niang, Smith, and Humphrey) then you do it.

I don't think that's what will happen but that doesn't mean it shouldn't.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:07 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're not hold anybody back just to put a vet on the field.

If your best UNIT is created by putting those 3 guys on the field (Niang, Smith, and Humphrey) then you do it.

I don't think that's what will happen but that doesn't mean it shouldn't.
I don't necessarily think that will happen either. But if it does, I sure hope we don't hold someone back just to have a vet presence to break up three first year players.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:10 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If Humphrey and Niang are your starters at OC and RT respectively, then it might be desirable to have a vet in there, provided there's not a huge drop-off in physical play.
I think that vet is gonna be Remmers. I think the staff want to ease Niang back into football shape and not play him week 1.

I know he’ll have camp but that doesn’t seem like enough for a guy who hasn’t played in a game for almost 2 years
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:19 AM 06-17-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think that vet is gonna be Remmers. I think the staff want to ease Niang back into football shape and not play him week 1.

I know he’ll have camp but that doesn’t seem like enough for a guy who hasn’t played in a game for almost 2 years
I said the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

Humphrey seems like a lock - there's just nobody on the roster to push him out of a starter spot. Blythe seems like a swing player destined for the bench.

Smith and LDT are going to compete for a spot but provided Smith picks up the plays, physically he's going to outclass LDT.

Remmers is actually a pretty decent RT. No slight against Niang at all but I just look at this spot as being the most competitive. I expect Remmers to win that spot, at least to start.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:58 AM 06-17-2021
It was reported before the draft that Smith was a 1st-2nd round pick if it wasn’t for the medical, right?

Then why would it be a surprise that he’s starting in camp? If we had drafted him in the 2nd…people would be screaming for him to start.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:16 AM 06-17-2021
I hope Remmers doesn't make this team. Y'all can sit around talking about how he was "pretty decent on the right side," but the dude got his shit pushed in during the super bowl, and it was embarrassing. No, I don't think moving him from left to right takes him from wet fart to starting caliber player. I think he sucks. He sucked in Carolina (playing right tackle) and he sucked for us. Of course, part of this is emotional for me.

And I don't think the staff agrees with me. I can easily see him or Wylie as the starting right tackle in week one, and I'm... okay... with that. But by the end of the year, it better be the new guys across the entire line, and I think it will be.

Look at it this way - there's no continuity at all unless you start Wylie and Remmers at RG and RT. Otherwise, there is literally no lineup where two guys played next to each other last year, so what difference does it make? Put the most talent in that you can, and I expect that to happen sooner than later.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 46
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up