ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nebraska Football Sucks Thread
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:23 PM 09-10-2022
That is all.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:32 PM 09-11-2022
I don't even understand the logic there. They had 2 games left before his buyout went in half and one of those games was an impossible one for him to take the gut punch on.

There's no logic in Lincoln.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:37 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I don't even understand the logic there. They had 2 games left before his buyout went in half and one of those games was an impossible one for him to take the gut punch on.

Big Larry the cable guy town. You piece the rest together
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:37 PM 09-11-2022

Who cares? They have fuck you money I'm not sure how you guys still fail to understand this.
[Reply]
RustShack 06:41 PM 09-11-2022

I’m assuming big boosters stepped up to get rid of him now. Or on the same token, big boosters said get rid of him now or the donations aren’t coming.

But Nebraska isn’t known for their smart coaching decisions, so who knows.

N stands for knowledge.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 06:54 PM 09-11-2022

I'm sure it's not about logic. He needed to go. He's beloved in this state. We all want him gone, but we don't hate the guy. I'm sure it was one of those, give him the money and kiss him goodbye things. NU ain't hurting for cash. They did him a solid after realizing he was never ever going to be able to do what they wanted him to do. ALSO...nobody wants to see him coach for NE ever again. So...you bite the bullet and let him go.

Whatever. Bring on the next fucker. Hopefully he can at least bring the program some respectability.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:59 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
I'm sure it's not about logic. He needed to go. He's beloved in this state. We all want him gone, but we don't hate the guy. I'm sure it was one of those, give him the money and kiss him goodbye things. NU ain't hurting for cash. They did him a solid after realizing he was never ever going to be able to do what they wanted him to do. ALSO...nobody wants to see him coach for NE ever again. So...you bite the bullet and let him go.

Whatever. Bring on the next ****er. Hopefully he can at least bring the program some respectability.
Sounded like he wasn't giving up on this season we will see. The Big 10 West is garbage and Mickey is very detail orientated something Frost certainly wasn't. In just 3 games we've seen an amazing difference Joesph has done with the WRs. After OU I think we have a bye, Indiana, Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois with Wisconsin/Iowa later in the year.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:03 PM 09-11-2022
Nebraska's next coach needs to have recruiting ties to California. That's where they need to recruit.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:04 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Nebraska's next coach needs to have recruiting ties to California. That's where they need to recruit.
Nebraska's next coach needs to be able to develop players regardless of location. Last coach who was able to somewhat do that was Bo. Riley was a great West Coast recruiter and we saw how that went
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:05 PM 09-11-2022

Trev Alberts should be axed too. This is a top down failure.
[Reply]
RustShack 07:07 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Wut
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:10 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Trev Alberts should be axed too. This is a top down failure.
Huh? Alberts was hired a little over a year ago how is he at fault? Jesus :-)
[Reply]
Coach 07:15 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Matt Campbell barely beat Iowa for the first time in 7 years with arguably the worst QB in the FBS playing with Iowa. :-)
While true, you cannot discount the fact that he only had 1 losing season in his 6 seasons (not including this year) at Iowa State, of all places. Also, he at least had Iowa State playing for the Big 12 championship. Not many Iowa State coaches can lay claim to that.

Also, while he does have a bad record against Iowa, his worst loss against Iowa was in his first year when they got blown out. Since then, all of Cy-Hawk games have been competitive, score wise. This win he has against Iowa this year, that's on Iowa inept coaching staff for playing 1955 offensive football, not today's modern game.

So, the big question is, what does Campbell want? Like Klieman, maybe he is content with the structure he has (meaning not having to schmoozing, boozing, and trying to appease big donors) and he's comfortable staying at Iowa State. That would have some validity if he declined those reported interviews in the NFL.
[Reply]
Coach 07:19 PM 09-11-2022

The only thing that I can think of is that the culture was an issue. Also, it does provide Nebraska an opportunity to get a head start on a coaching search and they hope that they can get their person before the end of this season to assemble the staff and hit the ground running during recruiting.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:30 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:
While true, you cannot discount the fact that he only had 1 losing season in his 6 seasons (not including this year) at Iowa State, of all places. Also, he at least had Iowa State playing for the Big 12 championship. Not many Iowa State coaches can lay claim to that.

Also, while he does have a bad record against Iowa, his worst loss against Iowa was in his first year when they got blown out. Since then, all of Cy-Hawk games have been competitive, score wise. This win he has against Iowa this year, that's on Iowa inept coaching staff for playing 1955 offensive football, not today's modern game.

So, the big question is, what does Campbell want? Like Klieman, maybe he is content with the structure he has (meaning not having to schmoozing, boozing, and trying to appease big donors) and he's comfortable staying at Iowa State. That would have some validity if he declined those reported interviews in the NFL.
Again-look at the track record of ISU coaches going to other places.

Only Earl Bruce and Cael Sanderson have had better careers elsewhere.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:38 PM 09-11-2022
We will see Lars nailed the 3 coaching hires before anyone I think he worked for SI. This was the same time last year when USC fired Helton and I'm pretty sure they went for Riley right away I could be wrong on that. Alot of what Alberts said today sure sounds like Campbell
[Reply]
Page 7 of 26
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up