ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 361
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:32 PM 04-18-2015
I'm looking for a car under ten grand that has some sort of power, decent gas mileage and isn't horrible in snow. Ready go
[Reply]
lewdog 08:38 PM 04-18-2015
Well I put my other car for sale on Craigslist. I've never sold anything on there much less a car. Makes me a bit nervous, especially the types I may get for a car in this low price range.

I obviously meet these people somewhere public if they are interested. Give them no info on where I live. If I let them drive it, do I take their keys while they do? Do I go with them? What's the safest way to meet these people who might be interested without getting raped?

I'd rather sell at dealer to skip all the above bullshit but they would give me so much less that it's not worth it.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:48 PM 04-18-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Well I put my other car for sale on Craigslist. I've never sold anything on there much less a car. Makes me a bit nervous, especially the types I may get for a car in this low price range.

I obviously meet these people somewhere public if they are interested. Give them no info on where I live. If I let them drive it, do I take their keys while they do? Do I go with them? What's the safest way to meet these people who might be interested without getting raped?

I'd rather sell at dealer to skip all the above bullshit but they would give me so much less that it's not worth it.
Meet at a police station
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:49 PM 04-18-2015

Carry a rape whistle and don't wear your short shorts
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:54 PM 04-18-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Been checking out mods that I can undo to keep my new car stock if I decide to remove them. Always thought the hood pins were cool. **** it if they were not practical.

No way I'd drill into the hood. What do you guys think of the fake hood pins?

Supposedly they don't damage the paint when removed later.
With a car like yours I am torn on how I feel about personalizing it

Normally I am all for you making a vehicle yours by doing whatever but with the car you have being such a limited run I would do everything I could to keep it stock and the miles low and preserve it the best I could so in X amount of years it would be worth big bucks

But at the same time I say if you are the one paying for the car screw everyone else and do whatever you want to it..it's basically comes down to what you plan on doing with the car in the future
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:54 PM 04-18-2015

Ride with them.

I've sold many cars on craigslist, never a bad experience after weeding through the bullshit people.

Pick up instruction.
drive to x town
Bring x dollars
Dive car home
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:58 PM 04-18-2015
Stupid phone won't let me edit

Drive car home
Done deal

That will weed out most of the idiots and scammers. My wife came up with that one
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:59 PM 04-18-2015
She actually sells most of them I just finish.

She's the fluffer I'm the star lol
[Reply]
lewdog 09:05 PM 04-18-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Ride with them.

I've sold many cars on craigslist, never a bad experience after weeding through the bullshit people.

Pick up instruction.
drive to x town
Bring x dollars
Dive car home
Stupid phone won't let me edit

Drive car home
Done deal

That will weed out most of the idiots and scammers. My wife came up with that one
She actually sells most of them I just finish.

She's the fluffer I'm the star lol
My knight in shinning armor! After all this time I thought you hated me?!?!

But yea, the 4-5k I might get out of this hopefully doesn't send me through too much bullshit.

I keep reading that accepting cashier's/money orders is a no-no. So it's either cash or a direct account withdraw at their bank into a money order for you on the spot. Anything else I should know about payment?
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:11 PM 04-18-2015
Cash only for me. On a 4 to 5k car it's cash only for sure. Over ten is a no go for most people
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:13 PM 04-18-2015
Send the shipping guys that back and they will leave you alone, guys that can't text because they are in a ship or deployed overseas get that one too,. You will probably get multiple asking.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:17 PM 04-18-2015
Send the shipping guys that back and they will leave you alone, guys that can't text because they are in a ship or deployed overseas get that one too,. You will probably get multiple asking.
Sorry, just clarifying. Tell them cash only? And yes, not shipping. That's a huge red flag for a scam.
[Reply]
Brock 11:21 PM 04-18-2015

You'll actually get a lot of used car dealers calling you on it probably. They'll buy it and set it on their lot with a 30 percent markup. That's a nice car, a lot of people will be interested.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:22 PM 04-18-2015
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Biggest advice I have is, do what will make you happy. Don't worry too much about keeping it factory UNLESS that's what makes you happy. Just enjoy it!
Yeah it would be my decision, what would make me happy. No way I keep it as a investment or make money on in a couple of years. It will be a daily driver. 1.5 hour drive. I will rack up some miles on it.

I'm thinking along the same lines like Lewdog mentioned. I have a car that is already differentiated from other cars on the road. I ordered every option available on the car beside the upgraded sound.

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Just enjoy it! I know I plan to enjoy the hell out of mine once I'm past the 500 break-in miles.
The manual I saw had a 3000 mile break in period.
[Reply]
Time's Yours 11:23 PM 04-18-2015
My knight in shinning armor! After all this time I thought you hated me?!?!

But yea, the 4-5k I might get out of this hopefully doesn't send me through too much bullshit.

I keep reading that accepting cashier's/money orders is a no-no. So it's either cash or a direct account withdraw at their bank into a money order for you on the spot. Anything else I should know about payment?
I think you could take a cashier's check as long as you don't provide the title until it clears and you have theft insurance.

I've paid for my last couple cars by cashier's check, and it would have been a headache to do otherwise.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 361
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up