ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 488
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:06 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Maybe I’m being hyperbolic with “incredible”, but when we talk about “what if all ___ are gone” and we all say “somebody will fall”, in that scenario, if Hill is there, he’s probably that guy.

I mean, maybe it’s Wyatt or Karlaftis, and if so that’s probably better value, but I don’t see it.
Cameron Thomas or Dax - who you got? Dax or Sam Williams?

Thomas is MUCH higher risk but I also think he's a higher reward player at a more critical position.

I just can't see a scenario where ALL the CBs down to Elam and ALL the edge guys down to Thomas AND Chris Olave/Garrett Wilson (the only obvious 1st round WRs, with Williamson as a dart throw) are off the board.

At some point SOMEONE is going to have to fall from that trio of positions. Or hell, even an OT like Penning.

Of all the positions (sans RB and QB) that I struggle to talk myself into w/ the 1st rounder, S is absolutely the most difficult.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:06 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Thought he would get more. Good signing by the Jets.
I think the concern with him is injuries with his size and playing style. I’m sure that has something to do with it.

Really good player when healthy though and a good value. Definitely would’ve been the guy to get had we missed on Reid.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:06 PM 03-15-2022

What are the numbers?
[Reply]
Capt_Von_Trapp 02:07 PM 03-15-2022
NFL network talking head. “Colts, go get Matty Ice!”
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:07 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
What are the numbers?
Just edited my post.

2 years, $14.5 million
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:09 PM 03-15-2022
Anyone against picking up Uchenna Nwosu on the cheap?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:09 PM 03-15-2022

2 years, $14.5 million.
Damn - that market REALLY fell off for him. I almost wonder if he didn't insist on the 2-year deal and that's what kept his AAV down. He's so young that he can get back into the market at 27 and THAT could be his big payday. And if most of that $14.5 million is guaranteed, then he's already effectively set for life so he isn't really even taking any 'real' chances there.

That and he just had some off years in that rookie deal. He was pretty much hot garbage, what, 2 seasons ago?
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:10 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You misspelled Kyzir White.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:10 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Cameron Thomas or Dax - who you got? Dax or Sam Williams?

Thomas is MUCH higher risk but I also think he's a higher reward player at a more critical position.

I just can't see a scenario where ALL the CBs down to Elam and ALL the edge guys down to Thomas AND Chris Olave/Garrett Wilson (the only obvious 1st round WRs, with Williamson as a dart throw) are off the board.

At some point SOMEONE is going to have to fall from that trio of positions. Or hell, even an OT like Penning.

Of all the positions (sans RB and QB) that I struggle to talk myself into w/ the 1st rounder, S is absolutely the most difficult.
Me personally, I’d probably go Dax and then trade up for one of the edge rushers.

I don’t think Thomas or Williams are going in the 1st. You just don’t see that kind of buzz anywhere. I’d argue you see more for Mafe, and I would put him and Ebiketie in that same tier with those two.

I don’t know where we’d have to go, but I would gladly take any of those 4 with Dax for our first 2 picks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:11 PM 03-15-2022
I mentioned him somewhere - more of a standup OLB.

Just not real sure what you do with him here unless you're going to convert to a sort of 3-3-5 base alignment. And even then I think it's a stretch for him. I think he needs a true 3-4 alignment to thrive.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:12 PM 03-15-2022
I think I’d be fine with it if you get a true DE as well.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:14 PM 03-15-2022
Just edited my post.

2 years, $14.5 million
Damn i wouldnt mind him as a chief for that.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:15 PM 03-15-2022

The wide receiver market is "more or less" waiting on a decision from Allen Robinson, as one source put it. Once Robinson makes his decision, the rest should follow quickly.

— Evan Lazar (@ezlazar) March 15, 2022

[Reply]
staylor26 02:16 PM 03-15-2022
Robinson just feels right.

Correct the mistake we made by signing Watkins instead of him. M

Damn it, I want supposed to get my hopes up.
[Reply]
O.city 02:17 PM 03-15-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Me personally, I’d probably go Dax and then trade up for one of the edge rushers.

I don’t think Thomas or Williams are going in the 1st. You just don’t see that kind of buzz anywhere. I’d argue you see more for Mafe, and I would put him and Ebiketie in that same tier with those two.

I don’t know where we’d have to go, but I would gladly take any of those 4 with Dax for our first 2 picks.
If I got to the point there and thats who's left....I dunno. I'd probably hope there's a QB there someone wants to trade up and take.

Trade back and see what I could get for it.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 488
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480120170 > Last »
Up