ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Original "Field of Dreams" Field For Sale
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:36 AM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
I enjoyed it but fell asleep somewhere in the 7th inning. Reading I missed a walk-off HR by the Chisox to end it dammit.
Even better than that... Two homers by the Yankees in the top of the 9th to come back from 7-3 to take an 8-7 lead and then the Walk of 2 run HR in the 9th by the Sox...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:21 AM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Even better than that... Two homers by the Yankees in the top of the 9th to come back from 7-3 to take an 8-7 lead and then the Walk of 2 run HR in the 9th by the Sox...
Hollywood could not have scripted this game any better.
[Reply]
R Clark 09:37 AM 08-14-2021
Never understood the hate for water world and I liked the postman a lot. Perhaps I have shitty movie tastes lol
[Reply]
bdj23 09:54 AM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Never understood the hate for water world and I liked the postman a lot. Perhaps I have shitty movie tastes lol
Water World is the ultimate pleb filter
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:16 AM 08-17-2021
Movie is getting a streaming series now. Because, of course it is….

Oh, and by the way, yes, this is happening. https://t.co/bHubLZU9rv

— Joe Posnanski (@JPosnanski) August 16, 2021

[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:18 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

This is where my dad would say "Why in the hell cant you leave well enough alone"
[Reply]
Frazod 06:21 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

I figure this will probably play as well as the David Soul Casablanca TV series.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:00 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:

I figure this will probably play as well as the David Soul Casablanca TV series.
https://youtu.be/nw2CZtTCXuc

:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 06:23 AM 08-17-2021
Oh, and apparently next year's Field of Dreams game will feature the Cubs and Reds.

Perhaps they can get Lee Elia to wander out of the corn and tell everyone that they're a bunch of cocksuckers. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:33 AM 08-17-2021
The TV show has a fantastic showrunner attached (The Office, Parks and Rec, The Good Place) which gives it potential to stand on its own.

Still not my first choice but if it’s gone work they picked the right person to pull it off.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:46 AM 08-19-2021
Re: whether FoD is overhyped, or whatever. I recall it as a well made movie, but it didn't pack the emotional wallop for me personally because the central hook is the almost exact inverse of my relationship with my father.

We've always been close, but we never shared sports participation. We shared other interests, and we shared sports enjoyment. But my dad had poor eyesight as a child and his mom was overprotective, so he wasn't raised with contact sports and has been self-conscious about his abilities ever since.

So I've never 'yearned' to do something to connect with my dad, and the many things we do do together never involved 'a catch.'

But I can appreciate the emotional impact for others, . . . I just don't experience it myself.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:54 AM 08-19-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Re: whether FoD is overhyped, or whatever. I recall it as a well made movie, but it didn't pack the emotional wallop for me personally because the central hook is the almost exact inverse of my relationship with my father.

We've always been close, but we never shared sports participation. We shared other interests, and we shared sports enjoyment. But my dad had poor eyesight as a child and his mom was overprotective, so he wasn't raised with contact sports and has been self-conscious about his abilities ever since.

So I've never 'yearned' to do something to connect with my dad, and the many things we do do together never involved 'a catch.'

But I can appreciate the emotional impact for others, . . . I just don't experience it myself.
It helps if you have a dead parent or two.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:42 AM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It helps if you have a dead parent or two.
It also helps if you’re not from Iowa and don’t know damn well this is the furthest place from fucking heaven.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:49 AM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It also helps if you’re not from Iowa and don’t know damn well this is the furthest place from fucking heaven.
Oh come on.

By the way, no game next year....it is a soybean year on rotation

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:02 AM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
By the way, no game next year....it is a soybean year on rotation

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Really? Pretty stupid. Make more from the game than the crops.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up