ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 27
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>What should trump give to get his 5B for the wall?
RodeoPants2 03:42 PM 01-09-2019
Trump's approach here seems to be to whine and hope he gets his way. But if you want to make a deal, both sides need to be happy with it.

Trump is supposedly the master dealmaker, lol, clearly not.

What would you give the democrats in exchange for getting the wall?
[Reply]
vailpass 11:13 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
No it's not. You are hearing what you want to hear.

President Obama (along with Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, every modern president, except ****face von orange) went out of his way to make clear he was president for everyone, and there to serve everyone.
:-)
Let your TDS flow little one.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 11:17 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
Well, they don't. They are a net loss.
What studies / data do you have to back this up
[Reply]
Donger 11:20 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
What studies / data do you have to back this up
https://www.gao.gov/products/HEHS-95-133

Pursuant to a congressional request, GAO examined the costs of providing benefits and services to illegal aliens, focusing on: (1) current estimates of the national net costs of illegal aliens to all levels of government; (2) the variation in these estimates; and (3) areas in which the estimates could be improved.

GAO found that: (1) illegal aliens in the United States generate more in costs than revenues to federal, state, and local governments combined; (2) estimates of the national net cost of illegal aliens vary greatly, ranging from $2 billion to $19 billion;

[Reply]
Pogue 11:21 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
But that's not the main problem, is it?
Actually, it is.

Did you know:

At our Southern Border, in 2018:

1.7 MILLION pounds of narcotics were seized

17,000 criminals were arrested

6,000 gang members—including violent MS-13 Animals—were apprehended

Protect America - BUILD THE WALL

— Charlie Kirk (@charliekirk11) January 9, 2019

[Reply]
vailpass 11:22 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
What studies / data do you have to back this up
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.gao.gov/products/HEHS-95-133

Pursuant to a congressional request, GAO examined the costs of providing benefits and services to illegal aliens, focusing on: (1) current estimates of the national net costs of illegal aliens to all levels of government; (2) the variation in these estimates; and (3) areas in which the estimates could be improved.

GAO found that: (1) illegal aliens in the United States generate more in costs than revenues to federal, state, and local governments combined; (2) estimates of the national net cost of illegal aliens vary greatly, ranging from $2 billion to $19 billion;
This should be good...
[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:25 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.gao.gov/products/HEHS-95-133

Pursuant to a congressional request, GAO examined the costs of providing benefits and services to illegal aliens, focusing on: (1) current estimates of the national net costs of illegal aliens to all levels of government; (2) the variation in these estimates; and (3) areas in which the estimates could be improved.

GAO found that: (1) illegal aliens in the United States generate more in costs than revenues to federal, state, and local governments combined; (2) estimates of the national net cost of illegal aliens vary greatly, ranging from $2 billion to $19 billion;
Thank you for that study from 1995 that admits:

Originally Posted by :
(3) a great deal of uncertainty remains about the national fiscal impact of illegal aliens, because little data exists on illegal aliens' use of public services and tax payments; (4) displacement costs and revenue estimates account for much of the variation in the estimates of the national net costs of illegal aliens; (5) the estimates are difficult to assess because the studies do not always clearly explain the criteria used to determine which costs and revenues are appropriate to include in the estimates;
:-)

Care to try again?
[Reply]
Donger 11:30 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Thank you for that study from 1995 that admits:



:-)

Care to try again?
You're welcome. Of course uncertainty remains. They're illegals. Low end of $2 billion. High end of $19 billion.

No. Why would I care to try again? I just provided a GAO report stating precisely what I asked to provide, which shows that illegals are a net loss.
[Reply]
patteeu 11:32 AM 01-10-2019
It doesn’t matter whether illegals are net costs or net economic benefits, they’re undesirable by definition and the government has an obligation to secure the border against them.

If we want more of certain types of immigration, we should reform the legal immigration system.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:33 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
It doesn’t matter whether illegals are net costs or net economic benefits, they’re undesirable by definition and the government has an obligation to secure the border against them.

If we want more of certain types of immigration, we should reform the legal immigration system.
Bingo.

Merit based immigration coupled with strict immigration law enforcement is the best path forward
[Reply]
Donger 11:34 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
It doesn’t matter whether illegals are net costs or net economic benefits, they’re undesirable by definition and the government has an obligation to secure the border against them.

If we want more of certain types of immigration, we should reform the legal immigration system.
I can't say I agree that it doesn't matter. Liberals claim they are a net benefit, so they're not so bad...

Plus, if people want to argue the fiscal side of the wall, it helps to have numbers to counter them.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 11:40 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
You're welcome. Of course uncertainty remains. They're illegals. Low end of $2 billion. High end of $19 billion.

No. Why would I care to try again? I just provided a GAO report stating precisely what I asked to provide, which shows that illegals are a net loss.
I'm sure you think a 20 plus year old study that admits its own results are uncertain says something.

:-)

Tap out acknowledged.
[Reply]
Shaid 11:40 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
As a Dem, I would let tRump build his stupid wall (all $25-75B), but in exchange, I would want DACA, immigration reform, single payer healthcare, a real middle class tax cut, 73+% top marginal tax rate, a GreenNewDeal, free college, increased infrastructure spending.
Holy shit
[Reply]
Donger 11:41 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
I'm sure you think a 20 plus year old study that admits its own results are uncertain says something.

:-)

Tap out acknowledged.
Did you happen to notice that the results weren't "from a net benefit to XX billion to $19 billion"?

If so, what does that tell you?

I get that it's uncomfortable for you to learn that the illegals are a net loss, but it is what it is.
[Reply]
Donger 11:43 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Shaid:
Holy shit
He left off free pie and hookers for everyone
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:48 AM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
He left off free pie and hookers for everyone
Missed a perfect opportunity to get scho63 and KCJohnny on board.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 27
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up