ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 27
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>What should trump give to get his 5B for the wall?
RodeoPants2 03:42 PM 01-09-2019
Trump's approach here seems to be to whine and hope he gets his way. But if you want to make a deal, both sides need to be happy with it.

Trump is supposedly the master dealmaker, lol, clearly not.

What would you give the democrats in exchange for getting the wall?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:33 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
So waste $5.7b. Very conservative of you.
Oh now Dave....5 billion? In the grand scheme of things? If your side is pure on the subject of waste, play that card. You know your shit is weak on that trail so don't make yourself look foolish.

Nan and Chuck look like beginners in this game.
[Reply]
BDj23 05:33 PM 01-09-2019
Disband the TSA and no more shekels for Israel.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:34 PM 01-09-2019
It's not about the money really. But if it were, $5.7B won't come even remotely close to building a wall or even a fence that closes the entire southern border. Most estimates are in excess of $50B, and cost overruns on these sort of things are usually 100% so double that.

We are way passed any point where this made any sense. It is now simply that Trump painted himself into a corner where he has to get the wall to placate his base but he can't get the wall because he has no leverage.

In addition to the upfront cost there's the cost of maintaining it. You can't just build the wall and walk away, it would require vast money to keep it in good repair. The desert eats concrete and steel like it's nothing, and much of the wall would be located in the Rio Grande flood plain and would face routine flood damage. Plus, you know, there's the damage people will do to it as they go through it, or under it, or over it.
Yeah, other than the Presidency of course. Lol! Good stuff there Dave
[Reply]
Donger 05:35 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
nb4 Some citation about immigrants contributing to GDP which naturally won't parse between the portions attributable to those here illegally and those who are not.
Well, they don't. They are a net loss.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 05:38 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
What about legal immigrants? Are they a net loss too?
[Reply]
Donger 05:39 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
What about legal immigrants? Are they a net loss too?
Not that I've ever seen. And I would be surprised if they were.

Bitch tried to claim that once, and ran away like a Bitch when asked for his evidence.
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 06:53 PM 01-09-2019
Where did you get your data supporting this?
[Reply]
Taco John 08:08 PM 01-09-2019
This thread is dumb. Trump has BEEN offering DACA.
[Reply]
Taco John 08:10 PM 01-09-2019
It is now simply that Trump painted himself into a corner where he has to get the wall to placate his base but he can't get the wall because he has no leverage.
If that's true then why is the government shut down?
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:10 PM 01-09-2019
What did Obama give to get $787 billion for his stimulus that didn't work?
[Reply]
Taco John 08:24 PM 01-09-2019
This is fucking great!

It's no wonder Trump's the most popular Republican president in recent times.
[Reply]
VAChief 08:27 PM 01-09-2019
Sure. And not remotely disingenuous, right?
Didnt Trump pay like twice the value of The Plaza Hotel because he just had to have it. Who knows what you could get him to agree to if he thinks he wins.
[Reply]
Taco John 08:32 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
As a Dem, I would let tRump build his stupid wall (all $25-75B), but in exchange, I would want DACA, immigration reform, single payer healthcare, a real middle class tax cut, 73+% top marginal tax rate, a GreenNewDeal, free college, increased infrastructure spending.
The Green New Deal will never happen. That's a declaration of civil war on the American economy. It's dead in the water. Unless Trump pushes it. With someone who actually knows how to negotiate, it has a chance. I can't imagine who the Democrats have who could possibly make it happen.
[Reply]
eDave 08:44 PM 01-09-2019
At least maybe I can go see this:

Roger Waters considers performing Pink Floyd’s The Wall on US-Mexico border

"Musicians have an absolute right, a duty, to open their mouths to speak out"

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...SIFkwBb-1MHNIM
[Reply]
vailpass 09:00 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
As a Dem, I would let tRump build his stupid wall (all $25-75B), but in exchange, I would want DACA, immigration reform, single payer healthcare, a real middle class tax cut, 73+% top marginal tax rate, a GreenNewDeal, free college, increased infrastructure spending.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 27
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up