ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>NBC News: "Just" six terrorists apprehended in 2018 on Southern border...
Taco John 11:31 AM 01-09-2019
The bias just bleeds from their headlines... The media is the propaganda arm of the Democrat Party.

NEW: US Customs and Border Protection encountered just 6 immigrants on US-Mexico border in first half of fiscal year 2018 whose names were on a federal government list of known or suspected terrorists, according to CBP data obtained by @NBCNews. https://t.co/MKIXQdoX26

— NBC News (@NBCNews) January 7, 2019

[Reply]
NinerDoug 02:33 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
Okay right.

An entire wall is, what, $25 billion? Well, estimates are that illegals cost us between $5 and $20 billion per year, without remittances. Remittances are $20 billion a year. Sounds like a great ROI to me.
What percentage reduction of that do you expect to result from a wall along the entire southern border?
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 02:34 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
:-)

CNN... fake news.
[Reply]
Donger 02:36 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
What percentage reduction of that do you expect to result from a wall along the entire southern border?
Very hard to even guesstimate, obviously. But, if the illegals here get the fucking hint and leave? Say 10% of them per year? So, $2 billion/year just on remittances. Figure a billion or so in saved costs, too.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 02:37 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I had fish for lunch, with roasted veggies. And Ice water. Just letting you know.
Southern fried catfish, red cabbage, black-eyed peas, and moonshine? Though, you seem like more a Fried green tomatoes kinda guy...

Klan specialities I've been told, from my Arkansas days.... :-)
[Reply]
NinerDoug 02:39 PM 01-09-2019
Very hard to even guesstimate, obviously. But, if the illegals here get the ****ing hint and leave? Say 10% of them per year? So, $2 billion/year just on remittances. Figure a billion or so in saved costs, too.
Why would you expect that? If it's going to make it more difficult to re-enter, seems to me it would be less likely that they would leave.
[Reply]
Donger 02:40 PM 01-09-2019
Why would you expect that? If it's going to make it more difficult to re-enter, seems to me it would be less likely that they would leave.
Sure, it's a hope. I'd be all for a good, old fashioned round up, too. While punishing those employers who employ them. I think a lot of them would leave of their own volition.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 02:47 PM 01-09-2019
I'd be all for a good, old fashioned round up, too.
With branding and everything?
[Reply]
Donger 02:49 PM 01-09-2019
With branding and everything?
No, I don't like fried Mexican food.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:54 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
Those terrorists flew in.
Everyone knows that. Already been addressed. Not a valid argument for preventing future terrorist attempts.

Why isn't there a big focus on domestic terrorism? Since 9/11, more people have died at the hands of homegrown terrorists than foreign.
There is. LE has thwarted multiple attempts of domestic terrorism since 9/11. Strawman.

The truth is, the wall is more about fulfilling a stupid campaign promise based on fear, than actually making America safer.
Simply incorrect. The two are not mutually exclusive. Both parties have supported the border wall at varying levels in recent history. Both sides have politicized the issue at times, but that doesn't devalue the safety of secure borders.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 02:58 PM 01-09-2019
... While punishing those employers who employ them. I think a lot of them would leave of their own volition.
Holy cripes! :-)

SOMEONE who actually gets it....nice! You destroy their incentive by holding employers accountable for hiring practices and for "cash" payment to workers...and all of a sudden this is a non-issue....of course it would never fly. Too "big government" and all...

It is a far too effective of a solution to the problem, than many in the business community and GOP sycophants wearing MAGA hats...are willing to admit, or wrap their brains around...

:-)

BEP is right....You ARE a communist!
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 03:09 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Why isn't there a big focus on domestic terrorism? Since 9/11, more people have died at the hands of homegrown terrorists than foreign. And Trump cut funds to a program that was looking into that.
There is. LE has thwarted multiple attempts of domestic terrorism since 9/11. Strawman.
I noticed you edited out the last sentence. That goes into my next point.
Originally Posted by :
The truth is, the wall is more about fulfilling a stupid campaign promise based on fear, than actually making America safer.Simply incorrect. The two are not mutually exclusive. Both parties have supported the border wall at varying levels in recent history. Both sides have politicized the issue at times, but that doesn't devalue the safety of secure borders.
If terrorism in all forms were a priority, then Trump wouldn't have cut funding.

Both parties agree that border security is needed, sure, but they disagree on how to achieve that. Walls are effective in high traffic areas along with other security measures, but a wall across vast stretches of desert is wasteful and inefficient.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:16 PM 01-09-2019
Street Tacos are awesome.

[Reply]
Randallflagg 03:17 PM 01-09-2019
Did they try to sell Obamacare by asserting it would be the cure for cancer?

No - they tried to sell Obamcare as an end all to private insurance. Promising that the average family would save $2,500 each year.

So much for that.
[Reply]
Donger 03:24 PM 01-09-2019
Walls are effective in high traffic areas along with other security measures, but a wall across vast stretches of desert is wasteful and inefficient.
They are actually effective and efficient everywhere.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:24 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
Southern fried catfish, red cabbage, black-eyed peas, and moonshine? Though, you seem like more a Fried green tomatoes kinda guy...

Klan specialities I've been told:
“I’ve been told”.

Suuuuure, we believe ya bro.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up