ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>NBC News: "Just" six terrorists apprehended in 2018 on Southern border...
Taco John 11:31 AM 01-09-2019
The bias just bleeds from their headlines... The media is the propaganda arm of the Democrat Party.

NEW: US Customs and Border Protection encountered just 6 immigrants on US-Mexico border in first half of fiscal year 2018 whose names were on a federal government list of known or suspected terrorists, according to CBP data obtained by @NBCNews. https://t.co/MKIXQdoX26

— NBC News (@NBCNews) January 7, 2019


[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:35 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
So 6 terrorists is a low number for libshits.


What would be a high number, a number that clears a threshold into “now we need to act!. Need specifics here.
Are you advocating for a northern border as well?
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:39 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
So 6 terrorists is a low number for libshits.


What would be a high number, a number that clears a threshold into “now we need to act!. Need specifics here.
So we need a wall on the norther border as well? Because in terms of terrorists trying to enter the country, the norther border appears to eclipse the southern border.
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 01:39 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Just one U.S. death by a terrorist would be too much. But some will argue cost effectiveness. Brookings Institute says that estimates of the total economic damage inflicted by the 9/11 attack range up to $2 trillion. $100 billion just in property damage. Can't measure the cost of nearly 3000 deaths. Estimates on total cost of a border wall vary greatly, but even the highest (most partisan) numbers are miniscule compared to the cost of the 9/11 attacks. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Those terrorists flew in.

Why isn't there a big focus on domestic terrorism? Since 9/11, more people have died at the hands of homegrown terrorists than foreign. And Trump cut funds to a program that was looking into that.

The truth is, the wall is more about fulfilling a stupid campaign promise based on fear, than actually making America safer.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:41 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
The wall would make the border less attractive to terrorists and also slow the flow of drugs and illegal immigrants. "Latin America affords terrorist networks promising avenues: a long, disorderly border; corrupt officials; well organized smuggling rings. Endemic official graft makes it easy to obtain travel documents. Police forces are often inefficient and corrupt."
I heard on the radio yesterday that the vast majority of illegal drugs coming across the border is smuggled through at ports of entry. A wall would have little or no effect on drug smuggling.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:42 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
The truth is, the wall is more about fulfilling a stupid campaign promise based on fear, than actually making America safer.
Sadly, that is the truth.
[Reply]
Donger 01:43 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
The truth is, the wall is more about fulfilling a stupid campaign promise based on fear, than actually making America safer.
I don't really care about this addition of "terrorists" to the argument for the need for a secure southern border.

The facts are that we have millions of illegals here now because we didn't take the border seriously. Those illegals cost this country billions annually AND they send home billions in dollars they took illegally that should be consumed internally.

So, there's the fiscal argument.

We also know that a physical wall works, despite what liberals and Democrats claim/lie.

What is left is "it is immoral"?
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 01:45 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Six Klansmen identified at a 30,000 person Trump rally would be enough to label all Trump supporters Nazis, so..
LOL at 30,000 showing up at a Trump rally.
[Reply]
Jim Hammer 01:52 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
I don't really care about this addition of "terrorists" to the argument for the need for a secure southern border.

The facts are that we have millions of illegals here now because we didn't take the border seriously. Those illegals cost this country billions annually AND they send home billions in dollars they took illegally that should be consumed internally.

So, there's the fiscal argument.

We also know that a physical wall works, despite what liberals and Democrats claim/lie.

What is left is "it is immoral"?
I thought you were for walls in high traffic areas. Are you now saying we need a wall out in the middle of nowhere as well?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:53 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Are you advocating for a northern border as well?
Never have. And, I’m not sure why you’re even asking.
[Reply]
Donger 01:54 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
I thought you were for walls in high traffic areas. Are you now saying we need a wall out in the middle of nowhere as well?
I'd like for it to be along the entire border, but will settle for high-trafficked areas and the rest under 24/7/365 drone/electronic surveillance.
[Reply]
Taco John 01:58 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
LOL at 30,000 showing up at a Trump rally.

:-)


[Reply]
NinerDoug 02:04 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
I don't really care about this addition of "terrorists" to the argument for the need for a secure southern border.

The facts are that we have millions of illegals here now because we didn't take the border seriously. Those illegals cost this country billions annually AND they send home billions in dollars they took illegally that should be consumed internally.

So, there's the fiscal argument.

We also know that a physical wall works, despite what liberals and Democrats claim/lie.

What is left is "it is immoral"?

There are many more here for reasons having nothing to do with border security.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...ntinue-n730216


The majority of immigrants settling in the U.S. without authorization are first coming to the country legally, raising questions about the effectiveness of President Donald Trump's plan to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexican border.

Crossing the border is not the way "the large majority of persons now become undocumented," the Center for Migration Studies (CMS) said in a recent report. Two-thirds of those who joined the undocumented population did so by entering with a valid visa and then overstaying their period of admission, the center reported.

Overstays have exceeded those entering illegally every year since 2007, and there have been half a million more overstays than illegal entries since 2007.

The study by the CMS divides the 2014 population into two groups: those who enter with a valid temporary visa, but subsequently “overstay” and establish residence in the U.S. without authorization and those who “enter without inspection” (EWI) through the southern border without proper immigration documents.

According to the report, in 2014, 42 percent of all undocumented persons in the U.S. were “overstays.”


Of those who arrived or joined the undocumented population in 2014, 66 percent were overstays.

This trend is expected to continue.

The CMS has previously reported on the dramatic decline in the U.S. undocumented population between 2008 and 2014.

“Despite the claims of an ever-rising, out-of-control U.S. undocumented population,” said Donald Kerwin, CMS’s executive directors said in the 2016 report, “the number of undocumented has fallen each year since 2008.”

The 2016 report also found that a growing percentage of people crossing the border into the U.S. are migrants from Central America who are presenting themselves to U.S. authorities and seeking political asylum.

Since inauguration, the Trump administration has made the construction of a “contiguous, physical” and “impassable” wall along the 2,000-mile U.S.-Mexican border a significant part of its immigration enforcement strategy and directed its construction in an immigration executive order.

Trump’s plan to build a wall had already been widely criticized, not only for its estimated cost of $21 billion, but for necessity, given the enforcement tools already in place, amongst other reasons.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 02:05 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Never have. And, I’m not sure why you’re even asking.
Because it's apparently the border of choice for terrorists.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 02:06 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
LOL at 30,000 showing up at a Trump rally.
Dude, it's Alabama....ground zero for Trumptard Mania. They probably offered 'em free MAGA hats and white hoods, along with an all-you-can-eat buffet of possum, squirrel, fatback & collard greens, and pecan pie. I'm surprised only 30K showed up...
[Reply]
Donger 02:06 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
There are many more here for reasons having nothing to do with border security.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...ntinue-n730216


The majority of immigrants settling in the U.S. without authorization are first coming to the country legally, raising questions about the effectiveness of President Donald Trump's plan to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexican border.

Crossing the border is not the way "the large majority of persons now become undocumented," the Center for Migration Studies (CMS) said in a recent report. Two-thirds of those who joined the undocumented population did so by entering with a valid visa and then overstaying their period of admission, the center reported.

Overstays have exceeded those entering illegally every year since 2007, and there have been half a million more overstays than illegal entries since 2007.

The study by the CMS divides the 2014 population into two groups: those who enter with a valid temporary visa, but subsequently “overstay” and establish residence in the U.S. without authorization and those who “enter without inspection” (EWI) through the southern border without proper immigration documents.

According to the report, in 2014, 42 percent of all undocumented persons in the U.S. were “overstays.”


Of those who arrived or joined the undocumented population in 2014, 66 percent were overstays.

This trend is expected to continue.

The CMS has previously reported on the dramatic decline in the U.S. undocumented population between 2008 and 2014.

“Despite the claims of an ever-rising, out-of-control U.S. undocumented population,” said Donald Kerwin, CMS’s executive directors said in the 2016 report, “the number of undocumented has fallen each year since 2008.”

The 2016 report also found that a growing percentage of people crossing the border into the U.S. are migrants from Central America who are presenting themselves to U.S. authorities and seeking political asylum.

Since inauguration, the Trump administration has made the construction of a “contiguous, physical” and “impassable” wall along the 2,000-mile U.S.-Mexican border a significant part of its immigration enforcement strategy and directed its construction in an immigration executive order.

Trump’s plan to build a wall had already been widely criticized, not only for its estimated cost of $21 billion, but for necessity, given the enforcement tools already in place, amongst other reasons.
I've heard 2/3rds. I've heard half. But sure, visa overstayers are a problem, too. And as I've said, at least they signed the guest book on the way in.

That's your argument for no physical wall?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up