ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 40
« First < 273334353637 383940 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump January 8, 2019 Address to the Nation...
Taco John 04:28 PM 01-08-2019


Whitehouse live stream here:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

POMPEO: I saw a draft of President Trump's oval office speech, "he'll make a lot of news."

— Michael J. Morrison (@OfficeOfMike) January 8, 2019


[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:04 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Don't get me wrong, here. I expect it to be a sell out in favor of businesses, at the expense of the American worker. The basic notion of a specific path to citizenship for people who's stated purpose is to shore up insufficiently populated job fields, but who's sole actual purpose is to replace American workers, is abhorrent to me. But one lesson that we all should have learned about Trump by now is that initial comments on issues are subject to adjustment and/or interpretation. As it has often been said elsewhere, Democrats and NeverTrumpers take him literally, but don't take him seriously, whereas Trump supporters take him seriously, not literally. And, as a general rule, I think the supporters have the smarter approach.
George Washington himself could rise from the grave and I'd still tell him to fuck himself if he were to tout H1-Bs.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:05 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
what are your objections to h1-b other than generic nationalism and outgroup hostility
https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-new-l...ers-1489483811

It's bad for the American worker, dipshit.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 01:14 PM 01-11-2019
You want to get a tech job? Work your ass off and earn it.

If you can't compete with foreign tech workers why are you entitled to have the government protect you
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:14 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
George Washington himself could rise from the grave and I'd still tell him to **** himself if he were to tout H1-Bs.
As I noted earlier, I expect I'll end up on your side of this, since I oppose any real amount of immigration as well as the current H1-B program. Both are mostly unnecessary and harmful to the country. I'm just going to wait and see what the final damage is before going off about it.
[Reply]
patteeu 01:15 PM 01-11-2019
If we were going to add 1,000,000 new immigrants via a merit-based system, all else being equal, are we better off adding more low skill workers or more high skill workers?
[Reply]
patteeu 01:16 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
You want to get a tech job? Work your ass off and earn it.

If you can't compete with foreign tech workers why are you entitled to have the government protect you
Sounds reasonable to me.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 01:16 PM 01-11-2019
Busted 18th century No Nothing Party talking points on immigration isnt the weirdest or most outdated part of trumpers rehtoric, but certainly is some of the loudest.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:17 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
You want to get a tech job? Work your ass off and earn it.

If you can't compete with foreign tech workers why are you entitled to have the government protect you
:-)

You're so incredibly ignorant on this topic one would swear you're a LoneIguana mult.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 01:18 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
:-)

You're so incredibly ignorant on this topic one would swear you're a LoneIguana mult.
Parrots busted No Nothing talking points.

Get called to actual explain himself.

Instead just mumbles petty insults.

Typical.trumper.

Poor wittle babies, having to blame immigrants for their inability to get a job.
[Reply]
Taco John 01:19 PM 01-11-2019

The Fake News Media keeps saying we haven’t built any NEW WALL. Below is a section just completed on the Border. Anti-climbing feature included. Very high, strong and beautiful! Also, many miles already renovated and in service! pic.twitter.com/UAAGXl5Byr

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 11, 2019


[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:34 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
If we were going to add 1,000,000 new immigrants via a merit-based system, all else being equal, are we better off adding more low skill workers or more high skill workers?
We shouldn't be adding anything near 1,000,000 new immigrants. Furthermore, if you're overwhelming the system with that many additions, the skill level of the workers is meaningless, because the number is far too high for either.
[Reply]
patteeu 01:44 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
We shouldn't be adding anything near 1,000,000 new immigrants. Furthermore, if you're overwhelming the system with that many additions, the skill level of the workers is meaningless, because the number is far too high for either.
I didn't ask whether we should or shouldn't. The fact of the matter is that we're going to be adding new immigrants for the foreseeable future and I'm asking which kind you'd rather they be.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 01:46 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
If we were going to add 1,000,000 new immigrants via a merit-based system, all else being equal, are we better off adding more low skill workers or more high skill workers?
The coal industry could use 1,000,000 low skill workers
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:50 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I didn't ask whether we should or shouldn't. The fact of the matter is that we're going to be adding new immigrants for the foreseeable future and I'm asking which kind you'd rather they be.
I know what you posted. That's why I quoted it. As I noted, when you're bringing in that many, it doesn't matter about the skill level. They can all be brilliant rocket scientists. They can all be window licking Loneiquanas. In either case, it's a flood that ends up as a significant negative impact.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 01:55 PM 01-11-2019

Building a wall doesn't address the root causes of any of these, Romney.

— Marc Piszkiewicz (@mpiszkie) January 11, 2019




The WH is now forced to pretend they care about the humanitarian side because they're losing the public, which despite three months of propaganda demonizing the migrants as criminals and terrorists, properly understands this as a humanitarian crisis. https://t.co/RN8WQD6hxi

— Greg Sargent (@ThePlumLineGS) January 11, 2019




:-)
[Reply]
Page 37 of 40
« First < 273334353637 383940 >
Up