ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Paul Manafort shared 2016 polling data with Russian
Cosmos 03:51 PM 01-08-2019
Manafort giving Russians American Polling Data....pathetic and criminal.

Happens all the time, right? Trump barely knew him, right?

“Paul Manafort shared 2016 presidential campaign polling data with Konstantin Kilimnik, an associate the FBI has said has ties to Russian intelligence, according to a court filing.

The information is in a filing that appears to inadvertently include details not intended to be made public and indicates a pathway by which the Russians could have had access to Trump campaign data.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.fd0fc5247c49
[Reply]
Shields68 04:39 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Shaid:
The only change the Trump campaign advocated for was in regards to Russia. That's an interesting coincidence. The news conference that Trump announced they were going to have on Russian dirt on Clinton didn't happen. It was announced before the Trump tower meeting, then the meeting happened, they didn't get the dirt they wanted, and noone mentioned the new conference again. Seems like Trump knew they were meeting with these Russians for Clinton dirt doesn't it? Interesting that they deny it he knew anything about it. Almost like they are lying to hide something.

Yeah, Mitt Romney was widely reported as the front runner for SOS.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mitt-ro...top-contender/

So let me ask you, why would you want to open a back channel to the Kremlin that was outside of the govt? How does that make any sense for the president to want to prevent his own government from being involved? It makes sense if there are illegal things that happened and you need to be able to discuss it without people knowing about it. Your first order of business being removing govt sanctions when you just were presented with proof of their election meddling makes sense?

I don't really think I'm jumping to conclusions. It think it's obvious what happened. Granted, I'm still not calling for impeachment as I still want to see the full info and unless it's ironclad, I don't think you remove a president from office. However, I think the info looks solid enough that reasonable people could tell he was involved and had knowledge of what was happening.
The change was involved the Ukraine not Russia. Basically the original language seemed to pretty much head down a path to war with Russia. Not sure who actually wants a war with Putin but it was not a bad amendment to take out. It still was stronger then O's policy.

As for the back channel, it still shows they were not in contact and the incoming administration to talk to foreign governments is necessary in the transition. Not to mention you have Obama, who basically for 8 years allowed Russia to do what they want, the Syria read line, the invading of Ukraine etc. all of a sudden leveling sanctions and talking tough when he is out the door in less then a month. He would not have done that to Hillary. So yeah calming the Russians down was not a bad idea so that your administration has a chance to decide what to do.

As for the election the Dems have intentionally over blown the Russian involvement. The amount of money spent is peanuts and doubtful it had an effect. If the DNC emails did, well sort of deserved, They were warned by the FBI, it was a basic phishing scam and the emails were truthful.

But it clearly shows that Russia, needing to be assured in communications, did not believe that Trump was their puppet. Further I have no problem with Trump not trusting Obama and his administration. There was a ton of leaks from that administration, even how the dossier came to light was a setup. So if Trump knows for a fact that he did not work with Russia, looking at the actual meddling is laughable and one could draw the conclusion that it is only to delegitimize his win.

You leave out he has since been tougher on Russia then Obama which is very very inconsistent with the whole Russian puppet and they have dirt on him thing.
[Reply]
patteeu 05:51 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
Manafort did this before the Trump campaign became aware of the Obama administration's "spying."
He was talking about the report that Kushner (or one of the other inner circle members) explored the possibility of a back channel.

Iím not sure when the Trump team started worrying about being spied upon.
[Reply]
Donger 05:53 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
He was talking about the report that Kushner (or one of the other inner circle members) explored the possibility of a back channel.

Right. And was that done before or after the Trump team found out that Obama was "spying" on them?
[Reply]
patteeu 06:01 PM 01-09-2019
Right. And was that done before or after the Trump team found out that Obama was "spying" on them?
Like I said, Iím not sure when they became suspicious. Iím not sure we know how they came to believe it.
[Reply]
Donger 06:09 PM 01-09-2019
Like I said, Iím not sure when they became suspicious. Iím not sure we know how they came to believe it.
IIRC, Trump's first tweet about it was in December. Post election.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:09 PM 01-09-2019
As far as I know. Trump didn't have clue until Rodgers went over to Trump tower and told him.. around 30 days before he took office.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 06:10 PM 01-09-2019
"No collusion???" Seriously?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/09/polit...chs/index.html

Originally Posted by :
Serhiy Lyovochkin and Rinat Akhmetov, two Ukrainian oligarchs who had paid Paul Manafort for years for his political work in their country, were the intended recipients of the American polling data that Manafort shared with Konstantin Kilimnik during the 2016 presidential campaign, a person familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.

Yeah, right.... :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 06:14 PM 01-09-2019
IIRC, Trump's first tweet about it was in December. Post election.
I donít think we should assume thatís the moment he found out, but thatís kind of beside the point. If he didnít trust the Obama administration it would have been prudent to assume his official channel communications were vulnerable to exploitation. In hindsight, we know any suspicion he may have had in this regard was warranted.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:57 PM 01-09-2019
It seems the New York Times made another whoopsie on this.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/0...ng-correction/
[Reply]
Bob Dole 09:59 PM 01-09-2019
Did you see this?

ďManafort Ďconcededí that he discussed or may have discussed a Ukraine peace plan with Mr. Kilimnik on more than one occasion,Ē his attorneys quote the special counsel as saying, and ďíacknowledgedí that he and Mr. Kilimnik met while they were both in Madrid,Ē without giving a date.
OMG TREASON!!!!
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:02 PM 01-09-2019

[Reply]
Taco John 10:16 PM 01-09-2019

As far as I can tell they knew when they started talking to General Flynn, who then decided to help set up a sting with himself being the bait. Only after the trap was sprung and Flynn was charged did they realize they dun goofed.
[Reply]
Taco John 10:21 PM 01-09-2019
Kotter has no clue what he's even looking at. It's embarassing.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:34 PM 01-09-2019
And we have another big Nothing Burger.

:-)
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:35 PM 01-09-2019
Look at this polling data. My man Trump is it to win it.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up