ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 18
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>RBG misses SCOTUS arguments for 1st time
Munson 08:44 AM 01-07-2019
https://www.apnews.com/b1d7eb8384ef44099d63fde057c4172c

Originally Posted by :
Ginsburg missing Supreme Court arguments for 1st time

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court says Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is missing arguments for the first time in more than 25 years as she recuperates from cancer surgery last month.

Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said Monday the 85-year-old Ginsburg is continuing to recuperate and work from home after doctors removed two cancerous growths from her left lung on Dec. 21.

Ginsburg was discharged from a New York hospital on Christmas day.

Ginsburg had two earlier cancer surgeries in 1999 and 2009 that did not cause her to miss court sessions. She also has broken ribs on at least two occasions.

The court said doctors found the growths on Ginsburg’s lung when she was being treated for fractured ribs she suffered in a fall at her office on Nov. 7.

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:39 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Now she's gonna miss all of next week.

This is 100% bull ****ing shit
Jacob Wohl's already tattered reputation hardest hit
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:43 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Jacob Wohl's already tattered reputation hardest hit
Who is Jacob Wohl?
[Reply]
NinerDoug 12:49 PM 01-11-2019
Doesn't look like she's going anywhere.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/07/supr...r-surgery.html

WASHINGTON – Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was not on the bench on Monday to hear arguments in the first case brought to the high court since she underwent cancer surgery last month.

Ginsburg, 85, has not missed a day of argument since President Bill Clinton appointed her to the bench 25 years ago. This is believed to be the first time she has missed a day for any reason outside of recusal.

In a brief address at the start of the court session Monday, Chief Justice John Roberts said Ginsburg was "unable to be present today" but added that she will still participate from home. The court then proceeded to hear arguments in the first case of the day.

A court spokesperson said earlier in the day that Ginsburg would participate in Monday's cases "on the basis of briefs, filings and transcripts."
It is not clear when Ginsburg will return to the court. The court has arguments scheduled Tuesday and Wednesday. The justices will meet in a private conference Friday.

Despite that participation, Ginsburg was not expected to be able to ask questions Monday. That is significant, since Ginsburg is one of the court's most consistent questioners. Last term, Ginsburg spoke at least once during every oral argument, according to an analysis by Empirical SCOTUS, one of only three justices to do so.

Ginsburg's surgery to remove two cancerous growths from her left lung took place Dec. 21 at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York. The court said following the operation that there was no evidence of remaining disease and that no further treatment was planned. She was discharged Dec. 25, the court said.

Her attendance streak is formidable. It continued through surgery and radiation in the late 1990s for colorectal cancer, surgery in 2009 for pancreatic cancer, a heart procedure in 2014, and two falls that resulted in broken bones, including one late last year. She did not miss a day of argument while her husband was treated for the cancer that ultimately took his life in 2010.

Ginsburg's health has been a matter of intense public interest because her retirement would likely allow President Donald Trump to appoint her successor. The nine-member court is divided 5-4 among Republican and Democratic appointees.

An appointment by Trump, which would be the third of his presidency, would further cement the bench's conservative majority, with possible ramifications for a slew of closely watched social issues such as reproductive rights.
On the day of Ginsburg's latest surgery, Trump wished the justice a "full and speedy recovery" in a post on Twitter.

Monday's first case, Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. v. Albrecht, No. 17-290, involves warning labels on pharmaceuticals. The second case of the day is Obduskey v. McCarthy & Holthus, LLP, No. 17-307, concerning whether the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act applies to nonjudicial foreclosure proceedings.

The Supreme Court remains open despite a partial government shutdown, which was in its 17th day Monday. A long line of visitors streamed into the court building on Monday while other attractions, such as the National Zoo and the Smithsonian museums, shut their doors.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:49 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
No, I don't believe she has.

My colleague in the office across from me has been out for about a week too.

Damn, I hope he's not dead.

Maybe Justice Ginsberg has been furloughed. :-)
You could call your colleague...
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:52 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
No colleague is gonna answer a call from that vagina
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:02 PM 01-11-2019
I could, but I'm actually enjoying the peace and quite. I ordinarily get two or three lectures a day about Trump's latest misdeeds. As much as I dislike the Orange Man, it gets tiresome.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:03 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Who is Jacob Wohl?
It's Wiki, so you get the full SJW slant, but you still get the general picture

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Wohl
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:13 PM 01-11-2019
Sorry folks.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/11/68450...4f504majRETA3g

Justice Ginsburg Has No Remaining Signs Of Cancer, Will Return To Supreme Court

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has no remaining signs of cancer after her surgery last month, requires no additional treatment, but will miss oral arguments at the court next week to rest, the Supreme Court said Friday.

While odds for a recovery from the surgery she had are good, they go way up if the subsequent pathology report shows no cancer in the lymph nodes. On Friday, the court released a written statement saying there is no additional evidence of cancer.

"Her recovery from surgery is on track," court spokeswoman Kathleen L. Arberg said of the 85-year-old justice. "Post-surgery evaluation indicates no evidence of remaining disease, and no further treatment is required."
As she has with cases already this year, Ginsburg will continue to participate in the cases from home on the basis of the briefs and transcripts, the court said.

This is the third time Ginsburg has had cancer. Ginsburg fans can rest a bit easier with the news. Doctors say that her odds of long-term survival are in the neighborhood of 80 percent.
[Reply]
Munson 01:18 PM 01-11-2019

[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:53 PM 01-11-2019
I could, but I'm actually enjoying the peace and quite. I ordinarily get two or three lectures a day about Trump's latest misdeeds. As much as I dislike the Orange Man, it gets tiresome.
So you killed him and dumped the body?
[Reply]
New World Order 01:55 PM 01-11-2019
Sorry folks.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/11/68450...4f504majRETA3g

Justice Ginsburg Has No Remaining Signs Of Cancer, Will Return To Supreme Court

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has no remaining signs of cancer after her surgery last month, requires no additional treatment, but will miss oral arguments at the court next week to rest, the Supreme Court said Friday.

While odds for a recovery from the surgery she had are good, they go way up if the subsequent pathology report shows no cancer in the lymph nodes. On Friday, the court released a written statement saying there is no additional evidence of cancer.

"Her recovery from surgery is on track," court spokeswoman Kathleen L. Arberg said of the 85-year-old justice. "Post-surgery evaluation indicates no evidence of remaining disease, and no further treatment is required."
As she has with cases already this year, Ginsburg will continue to participate in the cases from home on the basis of the briefs and transcripts, the court said.

This is the third time Ginsburg has had cancer. Ginsburg fans can rest a bit easier with the news. Doctors say that her odds of long-term survival are in the neighborhood of 80 percent.
I'm still optimistic she can die before summer
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:19 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:

Good Lord....she has been assimilated by the Borg.....
:-)
[Reply]
NinerDoug 02:39 PM 01-11-2019
So you killed him and dumped the body?
lol

He just came and went. Bullshitted with me for about 1/2 an hour, not a word about Trump. I thought that was going to be a first, but he left with "Not talking about the person who's name we won't mention anymore."
[Reply]
NinerDoug 02:39 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Good Lord....she has been assimilated by the Borg..... :-)
More like Robocop.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:45 PM 01-11-2019
No, I don't believe she has.

My colleague in the office across from me has been out for about a week too.

Damn, I hope he's not dead.

Maybe Justice Ginsberg has been furloughed. :-)
Keep hope alive bud but that life raft to which you are clinging is taking on water fast.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 18
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up