ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Airline pilots are very worried about the government shutdown
eDave 09:23 PM 01-05-2019
In an Astonishing Letter, Delta and United Airlines Pilots Just Told President Trump To Stop and Think

I am writing to urge you to take the necessary steps to immediately end the shutdown of government agencies that is adversely affecting the safety, security and efficiency of our national airspace system.

The pressure these civil servants are facing at home should not be ignored. At some point, these dedicated federal employees will encounter personal financial damages that will take a long time from which to recover, if at all.

https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczyk...sca5jU-cOLXJnE
[Reply]
vailpass 10:20 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Coyote:
Concur but unlikely.
In part due to ALPA and ATC unions. The migration to a non radar based air traffic control system tied to automated cockpit collision avoidance and terminal sequencing equals much less humans in the loop.
The irony of his lecture in part based on “safety”. Humans are the weakest part.
Plus we could have a much more integrated system to things like 911 services, drones, NORAD, etc. Brazil has such a system that Raytheon built 15 years ago.
NextGen?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:54 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Sideburn:
You're really bad with numbers and figures if this is the "analogy" you come up with.
The point isn't about numbers and figures. The point is that negotiating a deal that supposedly creates economic benefit doesn't give a blank check to do whatever you want with that money. If trumps new trade agreement does in fact create fed govt revenue, it can be used to pay for other things or to pay down our growing deficit. Unless Mexico specifically says they are earmarking several billions for the wall or unless Mexico specifically said they're giving us a few billion in added trade incentives because we want to build a wall, it's incredibly disingenuous to claim Mexico is paying for it. I highly doubt that's the case.
[Reply]
Coyote 11:33 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
NextGen?
Part of infrastructure possibly but would likely drop lots of folks. Our model and most of Europe’s put ATC in government civilian control. Then we parallel and integrate with our military systems.

Post 9/11 we looked at a different model. We had too many other priorities then but it’s a structural issue as much as technological 1. The radar based technology is several generations back.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:02 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Saying Mexico agreed to pay for a wall is like a Walmart exec negotiating a deal with coca cola then claiming coca cola is paying for my 5 corporate jets.
You actually don't realize how backwards you have this.

We use customers all the time to pay for shit.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:04 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The point isn't about numbers and figures. The point is that negotiating a deal that supposedly creates economic benefit doesn't give a blank check to do whatever you want with that money. If trumps new trade agreement does in fact create fed govt revenue, it can be used to pay for other things or to pay down our growing deficit. Unless Mexico specifically says they are earmarking several billions for the wall or unless Mexico specifically said they're giving us a few billion in added trade incentives because we want to build a wall, it's incredibly disingenuous to claim Mexico is paying for it. I highly doubt that's the case.
Sure it does. No idea why you feel otherwise. He negotiates the profit he spends the money, thats how it works.

Surely you don't think taxes are any different.
[Reply]
ghak99 12:06 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
This thread is a testimony to how poorly Americans in general manage money. Last winter, I fell on the ice and broke my shoulder. I went without a paycheck for 7 weeks. I was late on zero bills, wasn't forced to pillage and plunder the local 7-11 for survival essentials, didn't lose any children to starvation etc. etc. I did have to dip into savings, that sucked :-) But, that's what it's for.

Just last night at work, I had a kid (maybe 21 or so) pull me aside stressing this shutdown. Explained how last year he got his W2 on Feb.12 (or some such date), and how he planned the same for this year. Already has an appointment with tax people that are gonna do the taxes and give him the refund that day (after a generous raping of the ole brown eye I'm sure). Blah, blah etc.

Long story short, this kid is sweating a check that should never be a part of a person's financial plans to start with. The average American is a real mess. It's getting easier to see why such a large swath of people vote Democrat and why our country is in the financial mess it's in. :-)
I just ran into something similar.

They both had new iPhones in their hands, were driving a less than year old crew cab, and rent a house 30 mexicans couldn't fill. 1st world problems.
[Reply]
MephistophelesJanx 12:23 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
Feel free to use any other Obama lie. If you can find one.
https://www.nbcnews.com/video/mtp-re...t-130042947833
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:37 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Sure it does. No idea why you feel otherwise. He negotiates the profit he spends the money, thats how it works.

Surely you don't think taxes are any different.
He's welcome to claim he negotiated a better deal, therefore he believes we have more financial flexibility to spend on a wall. Claiming Mexico is paying for the wall even indirectly is a reach and a half.

And if he did in fact attain a few billion in economic benefit, he's still a few trillion short of attaining a profit. If anything, we're paying China to build a wall.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:42 PM 01-06-2019
I'm still not noticing anything regarding the shutdown. Might as well make it permanent.:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:43 PM 01-06-2019
Any planes fall out of the sky yet?

:-)
[Reply]
Silock 06:15 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
He has mentioned many times how they would pay for it indirectly. Do you only listen when you want to? Yup, I am 100% sure of that.
You definitely didn't read the linked article. Trump is all bluster and bullshit.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:15 PM 01-07-2019
How many dead from airline crashes today? LOL at the LWNJs!
[Reply]
baitism 03:53 PM 01-07-2019
The airlines should provide their own security anyway. TSA blows dog balls.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 05:01 PM 01-07-2019
Just got off the plane in my 3rd city today. Everything seemed like business as usual.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:20 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Just got off the plane in my 3rd city today. Everything seemed like business as usual.
No motherfuckers with rags on their heads dun blowed-up your plane?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 11
« First < 34567 891011 >
Up