ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Airline pilots are very worried about the government shutdown
eDave 09:23 PM 01-05-2019
In an Astonishing Letter, Delta and United Airlines Pilots Just Told President Trump To Stop and Think

I am writing to urge you to take the necessary steps to immediately end the shutdown of government agencies that is adversely affecting the safety, security and efficiency of our national airspace system.

The pressure these civil servants are facing at home should not be ignored. At some point, these dedicated federal employees will encounter personal financial damages that will take a long time from which to recover, if at all.

https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczyk...sca5jU-cOLXJnE
[Reply]
Silock 04:29 AM 01-06-2019
He never said how Mexico was going to pay for it because he wasn't thinking that far ahead. Pretty simple. He has no IDEA how Mexico would pay for the wall. He can't MAKE them do it. So, someone else has to now figure out how to SAY that Mexico is paying for it, but they aren't and they never will.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...all-despite-d/
[Reply]
New World Order 06:01 AM 01-06-2019
All Trump wants is less than half of a percent of the proposed bill for wall funding.

It shouldn't be this big of a deal unless the Dems are pro-open borders (which they are).
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:34 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by RickObie:
Does Fox News not show anything that Trump said? You never heard about the whole Wall and Mexico thing huh?
If we stop 40% of 69 Billion from going to Mexico, shouldn't that cover the 5 billion cost of the wall?

Migrants from Latin America and the Caribbean are sending more money to their families back home than ever before.

These annual "remittances" — as they're called by analysts — topped $69 billion in 2016, according to central bank data compiled in a new report by the Inter-American Dialogue, a Washington, D.C.-based think-tank. The money has been a lifeline for the national economies of many countries in the region since at least the 1990s, when Manuel Orozco, a political scientist who authored the report, first began tracking remittances. They climbed steadily since then, only to plummet when the Great Recession hit the U.S. economy in 2008. But they began to rise again in 2012. The 2016 tally is the highest amount on record and an increase of nearly 8 percent over 2015.

About 40 percent of the money goes to just one country — Mexico — practically all of it sent by migrants in the United States.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...oney-than-ever
[Reply]
Raiderhader 07:35 AM 01-06-2019
I just gave my boss your resume because we can promise you whatever you want and your dumb enough to believe we’ll give it to you - just tell you we didn’t really mean it - so tough shit we lied to you and you’ll eat it up. FKe news didn’t mean it.

I did not vote for Trump based upon his promise to have Mexico pay for the wall. Frankly, I did not vote for him based on any promise he made. So you are barking up the wrong tree, sport.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 01-06-2019, 08:03 AM
This message has been deleted by Raiderhader. Reason: Dupe
chiefzilla1501 08:14 AM 01-06-2019
Actually, one of the ironies is that the shutdown seriously hurts immigration control. Everify is shut down so employers can't verify workers legal status... And will fzve backlog once the system is back up. And ICE is severely impacted including attorneys that handle deportation cases.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:35 AM 01-06-2019
He never said they’d write a check
Well then your argument is shot to shit.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:37 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Silock:
He never said how Mexico was going to pay for it because he wasn't thinking that far ahead. Pretty simple. He has no IDEA how Mexico would pay for the wall. He can't MAKE them do it. So, someone else has to now figure out how to SAY that Mexico is paying for it, but they aren't and they never will.

He has mentioned many times how they would pay for it indirectly. Do you only listen when you want to? Yup, I am 100% sure of that.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:39 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Silock:

Politifact = leftwing propaganda
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:45 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
He has mentioned many times how they would pay for it indirectly. Do you only listen when you want to? Yup, I am 100% sure of that.
It is beyond political spin to claim that supposed favorable terms of a trade agreement (which hasn't even been approved yet) means Mexico is paying for a wall. 1. It assumes the fed govt will earn billions in direct economic benefit from it. 2. I have not heard anything to indicate those dollars are earmarked for a wall. If we do earn fed govt revenue that can go into, for example, paying down the $2 trillion in new debt Trump has added
[Reply]
Coyote 08:49 AM 01-06-2019
The letter writer had a questionable youth that likely affects his judgement. Nice lecturing letter though and consistent with the ALPA.

“A graduate of St. John’s University, he earned a BA in political science and served as a captain in the U.S. Marine Corps, where he flew the KC-130 for Squadron VMGR-252, stationed at Cherry Point, N.C. “
http://www.alpa.org/about-alpa/our-l...cers/president

Kc-130 Herc guy as a Marine. He passed gas to real aircraft for a living. Explains a lot.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:11 AM 01-06-2019
Saying Mexico agreed to pay for a wall is like a Walmart exec negotiating a deal with coca cola then claiming coca cola is paying for my 5 corporate jets.
[Reply]
Sideburn 09:17 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Saying Mexico agreed to pay for a wall is like a Walmart exec negotiating a deal with coca cola then claiming coca cola is paying for my 5 corporate jets.
You're really bad with numbers and figures if this is the "analogy" you come up with.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:19 AM 01-06-2019
Hopefully, this shutdown will spur airports and airlines to demand an upgrade in our completely outdated and ancient air traffic control system.
[Reply]
Coyote 09:51 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Hopefully, this shutdown will spur airports and airlines to demand an upgrade in our completely outdated and ancient air traffic control system.
Concur but unlikely.
In part due to ALPA and ATC unions. The migration to a non radar based air traffic control system tied to automated cockpit collision avoidance and terminal sequencing equals much less humans in the loop.
The irony of his lecture in part based on “safety”. Humans are the weakest part.
Plus we could have a much more integrated system to things like 911 services, drones, NORAD, etc. Brazil has such a system that Raytheon built 15 years ago.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 10:15 AM 01-06-2019
This thread is a testimony to how poorly Americans in general manage money. Last winter, I fell on the ice and broke my shoulder. I went without a paycheck for 7 weeks. I was late on zero bills, wasn't forced to pillage and plunder the local 7-11 for survival essentials, didn't lose any children to starvation etc. etc. I did have to dip into savings, that sucked :-) But, that's what it's for.

Just last night at work, I had a kid (maybe 21 or so) pull me aside stressing this shutdown. Explained how last year he got his W2 on Feb.12 (or some such date), and how he planned the same for this year. Already has an appointment with tax people that are gonna do the taxes and give him the refund that day (after a generous raping of the ole brown eye I'm sure). Blah, blah etc.

Long story short, this kid is sweating a check that should never be a part of a person's financial plans to start with. The average American is a real mess. It's getting easier to see why such a large swath of people vote Democrat and why our country is in the financial mess it's in. :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up